Nicked from Reddit:
Archewell Foundation's 2021 financial results have posted. Interesting to note: Funding was from JUST 2 donors: one $10M donation and one $3M donation. Please see post for details...
Sources of funding:
Total donations were $13,004,470; there were only two donations that exceeded $5,000
and these were from tow separate persons for $10,000,000 (we knew about this one channeled through the Silicon Valley Foundation) and for $3,000,000.
The Foundation gave away $3,096,319. The following grants are listed:
Grants to entities outside the US:
- World Central Kitchen: $300,000
- Harvard: $250,000
- Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors: $250,000
- Team Rubicon: $250,000
- UCLA Foundation: $250,000
- National Women's Law Center: $200,000
- Human First: $150,000
- Omprakash: $150,000
- Color of Change: $125,000
- NAACP: $125,000
- URL Media Holdings: $125,000
- Cortico: $100,000
- The Hopewell Fund: $100,000
- Shelter Ministries of Dallas: $90,000
- CAF America: $50,000
- Girls, Inc: $50,000
- Girls Who Code: $50,000
- Paid Leave for the United States: $50,000
- The 19th News: $50,000
- The Loveland Foundation: $50,000
- Women for Afghan Women: $50,000
- Georgetown University: $25,000
- Stanford University: $25,000
- Team Unity Incorporated: $25,000
- A Twist of Greatness: $20,000
$150,000 to Europe to "furthering efforts to improve access t COVID vaccines globally"; $21,944 to Europe for "Mental Health": and $14,375 to Europe to "Improve Diversity of Thought and Experience within the Media".
Total Expenses were $727,666
, of which $163,085 were salaries/benefits/employee compensation. James Holt (Executive Director received approx $64K in compensation from the Foundation). Meghan didn't draw a salary. Interestingly, Independent Contractors that were paid were: Invisible Hand ($215,744) and KMLSA, LLC ($110,000). Legal Fees were $213,555. "Other" was $458,865 (hmmm...). Travel was $6,048, so maybe the cost of private jets was included in "Other"? Expenses for conferences, conventions & meetings were approx. $6K.
(must be a pledge) total $20,000. and other accounts payable totaling $112,000.
They ended the year with net assets totaling $9,018,590.
Board of Directors:
Meghan, Harry, James Holt, Catherine St-Laurent secretary/treasurer (left 4/2021), Richard Genow president/secretary (left 12/2021), Andrew K, Meyer treasurer (left 12/2021). So it looks like Board now consists of just Megs, Harry and James Holt.