Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Decided my relationship is well and truly over even though it will be a trainwreck breaking up but I've had enough 2021 is coming that its freedom year don't care if lose deposit on house or relationship with stepdaughter years of what I've got to come is really not worth what I'm having now. Told him to cancel holiday and I've looked into selling house

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15

Makaraka

VIP Member
Did the same ole boring breakfast routine - child 1 - I want a crepe (no)
Child 2 - I want a pancake (that’s the same and still no)
Crumpets all round... child 2 throws crumpet and gets crunchy nut... gets jealous of the crumpet so steals mine
Ironing, 4 hour play in a field and a walk back along the beach and then finished it at my mums for a roast because she’s in my bubble and it’s her birthday tomorrow

I also did my first AA online meeting tonight. Which was scary and nerve wracking.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Shit day, had a lot of them recently. The only good thing and thing keeping me going is the baby. He's great and never fails to put a smile on my face. I know I sound like a soppy cringe insta mum but he is my best friend. Same old shite today but a few arguments with my boyfriend. Just getting on eachothers nerves really. He'd be in work if it weren't thanks to his broken ankle and hes just in the bloody way. Im due on (sorry tmi) so its mood swing mania over here. I ended up telling him to go but we both got upset and he came back. We're okay ish now but it's just awkward. Spent the last hour before baby went to bed playing peekaboo and he was laughing his head off. Didnt even have the energy for a walk today which is a shame cos the weather was nice for a change! Did a click & collect online... I hope when covid goes I can write more interesting stuff on this thread 🤣
Baby went to bed, i tidied up & had a shower. Had tea and catching up on the soaps. Bed soon!

• Heart
Reactions: 14

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Just the title really - I walked round a big massive park by my house with my fella & baby. We also went to the Range to get some Christmas decorations

What about you 😆

Reactions: 11

Mulholland Drive

VIP Member
Arrived in Johannesburg at around 11:30am SAST time (9:30 UK). Good flight, no problems with security or PCR.
Parents waited for me at airport and drove me back to their place near Roodepoort
Unpacked in my lovely spare bedroom
Had lunch on the patio, and had a paddle in their small pool
Glorious sunshine, temps at the moment 24C, with more to come over the next few days
3:30pm now, and I think I will hit the sack for a couple of hours
Hope all is well in the UK x

• Heart

Mulholland Drive

VIP Member
Good evening
Back in England and home
A very long, hectic and stress-filled 24 hours, but in summary:-
Flight from J'Burg to Paris was delayed due to assholes who hadn't provided the correct Covid paperwork and kicking up a fuss, plus twats on the plane not wearing masks causing anguish to others
4 hours of having to hang around CDG airport in Paris for my connecting flight to London
Flight was delayed by almost half hour due to air traffic problems over French aerospace
Arrived at heathrow 20 minutes late due to problems at T2 at Heathrow
Long delays at security and baggage
Missed my flight to Manchester, no further flights until Monday
caught Tube to Russell Square, and walked to Euston Station
Caught 1:05pm London to Carlisle train, arrived at around 5pm
Caught local train to my neck of the woods in the Lake District
Caught taxi to my local village but shops were shut
Arrived home at 7:15. House is fine thanks to friend keeping an eye out over the last few weeks
Lots of mail, christmas cards and parcels, but nothing fresh in the fridge, no milk or bread, and chest freezer empty as planned before I left.
Gagging for a hot cup of tea/coffee, but I do have wine!!!
Going to put my electric blanket on, take a shower, go to bed and self isolate for the next 10 days
Feels like I could sleep for that long too.
Night all xx

• Heart

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
In a much better mood than yesterday. Me and my fella have got on today and had a nice day. Not much to report on, a walk to Asda to get our click and collect. Baby did 3 steps 🥰 he's in bed, late tea and watching TV. Been quite tired today so early night for me

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Pinkblush

VIP Member
Got up at 5am did an hours yoga then went for a two mile run, came back and had a smoothie.

Did I heck!!

Had a lay in. Bacon sandwiches for breakfast.
Bought a coat and boots from m&s for my mum
Housework plus a zillion house plants to water
Bit of a lazy afternoon before getting the dinner ready
Watched tv

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10

birdiefly246

VIP Member
I have just finished all of my university work for the rest of the year (until October when the new academic year starts). 2 pieces due in January and the rest due in May all finished!

20 minutes to go until midnight (hour in front of the UK here) and I will go into the new year with no university work to do!! 🎉

The relief you would not believe!

Happy New Year Everyone 🥳

• Heart
Reactions: 9

under the ivy

VIP Member
It’s my birthday today 🥳 28 years young

Woke up, sent a few work emails
Showered/got dressed
It’s snowing really heavy where I live, went for a snowy walk. Good to get out!
Going to order a takeaway later & open my presents with my family. Quite cool having a lockdown birthday!

• Heart

ChloChlo

VIP Member
I had an argument, before 10am!

Yesterday I recieved a parcel. I had it sent to my dads address by accident instead of mine from Asos. Anyway, I had opened said parcel yesterday evening to notice all my beauty stuff I had ordered wasn't in there. So I got through to my sister this morning, as she had forwarded it here, for her to then tell me "my eyes lit up so I took them" and that she thought my new trainers were disgusting. I just find it really rotten she opened and went through my parcel helping herself to what she fancied from it before forwarding it on!

She's 35. Has her own money. We haven't fallen out for years. She usually has quite strong morals and would go absolutely berserk if anyone did the same to her. She doesn't see anything wrong in what she has done at all!

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad

GetOffMyLawn

Had a long awaited telephone consultation with my surgeon. Not positive news really; will need to have some further tests but it appears my kidneys are f&@£ed alongside a few other things. I’m normally a strong person (have to be) but I wasn’t expecting this today. Regardless, life has a habit of throwing me my fair share of curveballs; I’m not throwing in the towel yet. Have an eight year old who needs his mum.

• Heart
  • Sad

Mulholland Drive

VIP Member
Thanks for the warm welcome back comments (y)

I went to bed at 8:30pm last night and didn't wake up again until 9am this morning!
I went to the loo in the middle of the night but my addled brain was confused and I thought I was still at my parent's house and ended up walking into my storage cupboard!
Because I'm being a good law-abiding person I didn't go out for my usual run this morning and continued to self-isolate
Managed to get a Morrisons delivery for Wednesday at 9pm, so ordered a shedload of stuff
My friend came round and dropped off my car she'd been looking after in my absence. She also handed me a bag full of essentials such as milk and bread while we chatted through my kitchen window
Opened all my mail, parcels and the odd Christmas present
Text my g/f to say I was safely back home. She wanted to come over but I told her she won't be able to for another 10 days.
Stripped the bed and did a shedload of washing
Went into my back garden to top up the bird feeders, and then quickly realised I was definitely back in England because it was friggin' cold!
This time last week it was 34C in J'Burg, and yet this morning here in the Lake District it was just 1C at 10am
It was so cold in fact that I'm sure my nipples dropped off and rolled down the garden path! :LOL:

• Haha

aimzalicious

VIP Member
Tattle seemed to have stopped notifying me of updates on this thread but I just caught up. Was thinking of you this weekend for your flight @Mulholland Drive , I'm glad you finally got home ❤ Welcome back to freezing cold England!! Have you got any nice plans with your gf for after the 10 days?

Today was my first day at the new job
4 zoom meetings back-to-back this morning, lots of meeting people, and a long phone call to IT to set up the work laptop they sent me
Made halloumi salad for lunch which was very nice
Did some work for my new manager which she seemed happy with
Realized that I was still having technical issues on the work laptop by the end of the day but thought "I'm not working late on my first day" and logged off 😂 will fix with the IT man tomorrow morning
Made a snack and did an upper body workout
Washed my hair and trimmed my fringe which I like. It's shorter, but not too Lord Farquaad-y. I feel very ✨arty✨ with this fringe
Cooked dinner
Going to watch more Haikyuu now and read my Anthony Kiedis autobiography before bed

All in all, a quite successful day, looking forward to tomorrow

Maid22

VIP Member
Tbh, the last few days have merged into one, but thought today make an effort, so cleaned house, took dogs out, then out of the blue my oh was offered a job ( he was laid off 3 weeks before Xmas, it's been a struggle) he starts next Monday, I am soo relieved!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 8

caterday28

Chatty Member
Yesterday was a horrible depression day. I got up at 8 but spent the day on the sofa, didn't get dressed or showered or bother with food. Today feels better! I've had a cup of tea and will get up shortly to pop to the shops. I will have a bath later and consider that my achievement!

• Heart
Reactions: 8