What have you done today?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
how are your parents about you going back earlier than planned?
They are disappointed of course. I had hoped of staying in SA until at least May, with a view to staying here permanently.

However, as you maybe aware, I'm an alcoholic, but there is a nation-wide ban on booze, which has been extended indefinitely. Moreover, I have already been arrested for trying to buy wine illegally; add to that the rather draconian rules that make those in England look like a walk in the park!

So I am going cranky and agitated and totally pissed off because I can't have a drink. Not my parents fault of course, but I just need my "fix", and England seems to be the best place to placate that.

Politicians just don't have a clue sometimes!

Reactions: 3
I havent done a lot today...

got up made a cuppa and checked tattle
made breakfast
had a shower and got ready
cleaned the kitchen
went to the supermarket
came home had lunch
popped back out to do a few errands
came back now Im having a cuppa and some biscuits while catching up on here.
Later Im going to put away the dried washing and have dinner ( no idea what yet though).

Reactions: 1
got up quite early and started working right away
did a lot of emails then had breakfast and coffee
tidied the house a bit, treated myself to a round of a videogame
got ready and went out for a long walk with 3 friends
turned into a big bitching about our jobs
came back home and worked with some clients
had an ever bigger wish to quit and started looking for jobs
told my boss i can't have any more tasks until i finish the ones i have
she called me and kind of apologized
that made me feel a bit better
had dinner and now i'm resting
have a terrible headache

So the baby fell asleep at 9pm finally last night and he slept through the whole night 🥳🥳 he's never done that before. Im not getting too excited though 🤣 so I had a lovely sleep and woke up feeling refreshed
Fellas work got cancelled today so he was in with us all day. It rained all day so we just stayed in and had a lazy day/played
I've been getting messed around by my doctors 😡 told I was getting a prescription and ive been to get it 4 times to be told it's not there... had a right argument with the receptionist 😂
Tea and the soaps. Then bed 😄

• Heart
Worked from 9.30 til 4pm, in pyjamas.
Had a shower and washed hair etc.
Made tea.
Now back at my desk making a PDF file :rolleyes: Aiming to get in bed by 9pm to finish Series 5 Gossip Girl. Hoping tomorrow will be made a bit less boring with it being my birthday, even if it is in lockdown 🥳

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Worked from 9.30 til 4pm, in pyjamas.
Had a shower and washed hair etc.
Made tea.
Now back at my desk making a PDF file :rolleyes: Aiming to get in bed by 9pm to finish Series 5 Gossip Girl. Hoping tomorrow will be made a bit less boring with it being my birthday, even if it is in lockdown 🥳
Happy birthday for tomorrow 🥳🥳

• Heart
Woke at 5, went for a 14 mile run
Showered, dressed and had breakfast with parents
Tattled and checked work email
Zoomed G/f for 15 minutes
Drove to Pretoria for my PCR Test. Should get results tomorrow
Did some shopping and then returned home
IT work for 2 hours
Had a 30 minute doze
Had lunch - bacon and egg sarnie
IT Work
Tattled

• Heart
It’s my birthday today 🥳 28 years young

Woke up, sent a few work emails
Showered/got dressed
It’s snowing really heavy where I live, went for a snowy walk. Good to get out!
Going to order a takeaway later & open my presents with my family. Quite cool having a lockdown birthday!

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Showered/got dressed
Going to order a takeaway later & open my presents with my family. Quite cool having a lockdown birthday!
Happy birthday!

Slow day. Work was pretty much non-existent apart from a couple calls and emails so I got to chill. Watched the news, some day time TV, had breakfast and sorted out my laptop a bit. Went for a walk in the afternoon and did the grocery shopping (kind of, I just bought bread and a bar of dark chocolate), came home, had a late lunch/early dinner and enjoyed some chocolate with my tea. I'll spend the rest of the evening doing what I have done earlier in the day, rewatch some videos I like, call dad, and probably have more tea and read.

Last edited:
Happy birthday @under the ivy !

I sent off a project today for the final stage of a job interview I feel really excited for. It's the first time in ages I've felt passionate about a company I've applied for, so I hope I do well.

Now I'm going to make some blueberry muffins, prep for my final Zoom interview tomorrow and continue rewatching The Night Manager on iPlayer!

• Heart

Showered/got dressed
Happy birthday! 🥰

My birthday is in June and last year I remember hoping that I too, had a lockdown birthday like my partner and son did just so I could experience it 😂

• Haha

Showered/got dressed
happy birthday!!! ❤ ❤
nice to hear you're seeing the positives, sounds like a lovely day and i'm very jealous of your snowy walk!!

i got up around 9, did two rounds of laundry, made breakfast and coffee
did some work emails and started getting extremely anxious again
bf woke up, had sex, this helped with the anxiety 😂
then showered, shaved, washed hair, dried hair, fixed nailpolish
did some more work and lunch prep, then had a client zoom call at 2 pm
the call went great, made lunch of creamy mushroom gnocchi right after
then bf and i played some videogames before tidying up a bit together
now doing some more work emails on the couch, trying to relax

• Heart

Showered/got dressed
Golly gosh, I'll be 28 in just a few days time!

Happy Birthday. Shame its snowing. But if it helps its 25C and sunny here in SA ;)

Have a great evening ❤

• Heart
Other than doing the washing, watching a bit of TV and preparing dinner, I have spent the day from 11am texting and phoning my daughter as she struggled through the snow driving back home from work after everyone was sent home. Normally would take about 20minutes, today over six hours. 😳

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Rained all day till about 4pm so stayed in till then. When the rain stopped we went for a walk. Nipped in Asda for a few bits. Came home, had a brew. Baby was supposed to go to bed at 7.30 but only just gone to sleep
Had a bit of a tiff with my boyfriend. Feeling a bit crappy

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
I had annual leave today so was at home. To be honest it’s been a bit boring. The kids did their school stuff. Wanted to have a walk but it was pissing down. Boring day.

• Heart
Changed the bed, did 2 loads of washing, prepared lunch, went on a 2 hour walk, browsed online

Had a lie-in this morning, woke at 6:30. Didn't bother with a run, couldn't be arsed
Had brekkie with parents, showered and dressed
Tattled, checked work email, Zoomed g/f
Got my PCT test results back - negative.
Checked with KLM that my flight was still on for tomorrow (lots of cancellations lately)
Found out that not only do I need to show a print out of my PCT test results to KLM bods, but also I have to have a "Negative Rapid Test" at the airport just before departure! Just another bit of stress to add to my journey!
Did some IT work, but heart really isn't it in.
Started some early packing
Had lunch (salad)
Desperate for a drink (has been 3 weeks since my last glass of wine)
Zoomed G/f again, and told her I should be back in England by Sunday. Although I won't be able to see her for a further 10 days due to having to SI.
Sent her a filthy and deplorable email involving what I would like us to do when I do finally meet up
Sad to be leaving parents and J'Burg 4 months earlier than expected - especially the gorgeous weather.
Feeling quite sexually aroused at the moment.
Counting the hours..........

• Heart
got up around 8 and started working right away
worked until 12, got a lot of stuff done
tidied a bit and played a video game until 13
then went with bf for a walk and some grocery shopping
came back and had some brunch lunch creation
continued working a bit and now waiting for 6 pm client call
after that just relaxing finally on a nice friday evening

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.