What have you done today?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For the first time in a long time I spent the day doing nothing. The most strenuous thing I did was go for a swim. It was a much needed relaxing day.

Reactions: 1
got up around 9, tidied up a bit, prepared breakfast and coffee for me and bf while he was slowly waking up
fed the cat and played with her a little bit, then we woke him up by me placing her on his head
had breakfast with bf, then went to shower and wash my hair, dried my hair and tidied up the house a bit more

we then slowly started preparing for tonight's dinner, we made homemade mexicaner shots, something like mini bloody marys
we also made some dips and spreads and laid everything out so we ready for later
i put all the leftover christmas cookies on one pretty platter ready for dessert

i changed the linen on all the beds and rearranged some of my clothes
that way i made some space in the spare bedroom to make it more functional as an office
tidied up the desk in there and now i can't wait to get back to work 😂

we translated a board game so that everyone tonight can understand it and made some tweaks to the party playlist
it's only my sister and her boyfriend coming over but we're trying to make the most of it 😂

i'm already on the wine and hopefully i won't be able to update you until sometime tomorrow in the evening 😂
happy new year everyone!!!! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Up at 4am, went for a 11 mile run (not easy with a mask - which is now mandatory)
Showered and dressed
went to the local store for some supplies (booze is still banned)
spent an hour on the patio sunbathing and Tattling
Had some brunch
Did some IT work - backups for 2020/2021 rollover
Zoomed girlfriend in England - she wants to know when we can get married now that we're engaged. (Hmmm)
Watched Interstellar - good film
Updated my blog, took a few photos, weighed myself, checked my height etc.
Feeling pangs for England
Sunbathing right now, and thinking of 2021...

got up around 9, tidied up a bit, prepared breakfast and coffee for me and bf while he was slowly waking up
fed the cat and played with her a little bit, then we woke him up by me placing her on his head
had breakfast with bf, then went to shower and wash my hair, dried my hair and tidied up the house a bit more

we then slowly started preparing for tonight's dinner, we made homemade mexicaner shots, something like mini bloody marys
we also made some dips and spreads and laid everything out so we ready for later
i put all the leftover christmas cookies on one pretty platter ready for dessert

i changed the linen on all the beds and rearranged some of my clothes
that way i made some space in the spare bedroom to make it more functional as an office
tidied up the desk in there and now i can't wait to get back to work 😂

we translated a board game so that everyone tonight can understand it and made some tweaks to the party playlist
it's only my sister and her boyfriend coming over but we're trying to make the most of it 😂

i'm already on the wine and hopefully i won't be able to update you until sometime tomorrow in the evening 😂
happy new year everyone!!!! ❤
..not only do you have a "sinister" avatar, but I still can't pronounce your name here :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Got up at 9, dragged myself to the gym. Did leg workout & cross trainer.
Walked back home, slobbed about watching 2 episodes of gossip girl. Did a quick tidy up.
Had a shower & washed hair. Put new pyjamas on I got for Christmas. New year new pyjamas eh!
Going to have some party food later with my Mum & brother.

Hope everyone has a safe evening x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Well I managed to wake with my alarm this morning but still didn’t get out of bed. That’s fine, baby steps 😂

Up just before 10ish after a cuppa in bed. Came down with son and we both had breakfast. Sorted out some clothes for the ironing pile so I can stay up to date with it. Son sorted out his presents and put in two piles and then the things he’s not yet played with are in a gift bag so he can work his way through them and they’re not just put away and forgotten about.

All got dressed and in the car to pick up the food shop and get food for tonight. We always have a 3 course meal. Tonight is duck wraps to start, roast chicken with baby potatoes, carrots and tender stem and then chocolate brownie with ice cream 😋

On the way home we drove to a new housing development to have a nosey and we’re strongly considering buying a house next year. Makes me feel excited although, it’s at the expense of probably not rearranging our wedding that will have already been cancelled twice by then.

Still feeling a bit mardy from yesterday and I do think it’s because Christmas is over and it’ll be back to the real world again from Monday. As much as I feel like I can continue to watch and listen to the news, most of it is bloody depressing isn’t it?!

Anyway, to try and solve that issue I’ve run a nice hot bath and I’m living my best pamper life. Gonna do my hair, nails and make up afterwards for an evening at home with my boys. We have our food, going to play some games and then watch the Disney fireworks at midnight... if the boy manages to stay up as he says he is!

Worked 8 till 5 a hour early finish. Walking home feel on my arse on ice. Got in with face on because I hurt. Ate some cheese, had a shower and I'm now in bed happy new years dont have a clue where he is and don't give a tit

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Worked 8 till 5 a hour early finish. Walking home feel on my arse on ice. Got in with face on because I hurt. Ate some cheese, had a shower and I'm now in bed happy new years dont have a clue where he is and don't give a tit
I really hope 2021 is much better for you ❤

Up at 9.30 am to watch a live stream of my cousin's wedding in Luxembourg!
Had rough sleep last night so went for another hour once the stream ended.
Got up, had breakfast, cleaned my room and got myself ready.
Got a new record in the post so was listening to that plus other records in my collection.
Cracked on with some coursework then did some journaling.
Dinner
Washed my hair and prepared my outfit for tomorrow.
Spending the evening in bed watching TV, waiting for the stroke of midnight and the fireworks display a neighbour always puts on.

Baby woke me up at 5.50 😴 all 3 of us laid in bed til 6.30
Fella got up for work then the work got cancelled, gutted. We had a nice day though
When baby napped I did a BIG tidy up cos the health visitor was coming
She Was meant to be coming between 10.30-12.30 but she didn't come til 1.30!!
All was good, she said baby was advanced in his motor skills and not worried about his speech! I cried for some reason haha
She left, baby napped I cant even remember what I did
When he woke up went to asda to get some bits. I got these lovely glasses that had koala bears on
We bought loads of party food for the 2 of us tonight
Got back, gave baby his tea, we bought him a little truck from Asda and we built it for him. He's so cute he buzzed off it 🥺
My fella was proper going on saying he wanted some fudge so I started making him a crispy m&m fudge in the slow cooker
Baby bathed and bed
We had our picky tea, watching soaps and tit telly with a wkd because im wiiiiiild 🥂 happy new year guys x

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Had a disturbed sleep thanks to a lingering headache, so stayed in bed for as long as I could. Eventually got up, showed, dressed, then had cereal and a coffee. Swept and cleaned the kitchen and living room, then headed out to town to get some food in Asda. Last stop was Greggs to get my free pizza thanks to the app and a cappuccino. Sat on a bench in town to eat and drink, then headed home. Watched the TV, came in here for the 100th time 😂, played with the dogs, then cooked an omelette, watched the soaps and that's that. 😊

I have just finished all of my university work for the rest of the year (until October when the new academic year starts). 2 pieces due in January and the rest due in May all finished!

20 minutes to go until midnight (hour in front of the UK here) and I will go into the new year with no university work to do!! 🎉

The relief you would not believe!

Happy New Year Everyone 🥳

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Last shift of 2020. Had my last birth of 2020. Not a bad way to see the year out and a reminder that life continues no matter what the world throws at us. Happy New year x

• Heart
Reactions: 8
last night i achieved two things: i assembled my best ever cheese board and i got monumentally drunk

for a while i was sleeping like a rock, didn't hear my boyfriend talking on the phone or my cat running all over me apparently
but then i woke up at 5 am with a terrible headache so i got up to get some pain
also used that chance to take my make up off and brush my teeth and drink lots of water - this helped so much as well as the pain
i stayed up a bit longer to give my cat a snack and play with her a bit because she was so good last night, even watching fireworks, not scared at all
then went back to bed until about 9 and then couldn't sleep anymore
cured my hangover by tidying up the whole apartment and felt great after it but very tired
then bf also woke up and we made some sort of brunch lunch thing from leftovers
for dinner i will also make a smaller cheese board from the other leftovers
now we're on the couch watching the old indiana jones movies and not planning to do much else

happy new year everyone, i hope you had a nice start to it ❤

Stayed up until 2am - we couldn't celebrate, fireworks banned, curfews in force; no drinking of alcohol allowed. So the NY here was a bit of an anticlimax
Woke at 7am and went for a 6 mile run
Showered, dressed in shorts and t-shirt, had breakfast while reading news
Relied to a number of text and voice messages, and then had a clear-out of my wardrobes
Decided to buy a performance bike from local store (when it opens). Bored of running
Zoomed girlfriend for 30 minutes
Was going to spend some time sunbathing, but its just started to rain
Haven't had any alcohol for 3 days now - slowly starting to unravel
Am now watching The Crown in my bedroom

Stayed up until 2am - we couldn't celebrate, fireworks banned, curfews in force; no drinking of alcohol allowed. So the NY here was a bit of an anticlimax
Woke at 7am and went for a 6 mile run
Showered, dressed in shorts and t-shirt, had breakfast while reading news
Relied to a number of text and voice messages, and then had a clear-out of my wardrobes
Decided to buy a performance bike from local store (when it opens). Bored of running
Zoomed girlfriend for 30 minutes
Was going to spend some time sunbathing, but its just started to rain
Haven't had any alcohol for 3 days now - slowly starting to unravel
Am now watching The Crown in my bedroom
how did they ban alcohol altogether? are people not allowed to drink what they already have at home?

how did they ban alcohol altogether? are people not allowed to drink what they already have at home?
People can drink inside their homes but not in public places or even private gardens. We can't buy booze online, and trying to import it requires loads of paperwork and blah blah.

Of course if you know someone who knows someone, you can probably get hold of some illegal booze, at a hefty price!

• Wow
People can drink inside their homes but not in public places or even private gardens. We can't buy booze online, and trying to import it requires loads of paperwork and blah blah.

Of course if you know someone who knows someone, you can probably get hold of some illegal booze, at a hefty price!

wow from what i've read there, they are veeery strict!

wow from what i've read there, they are veeery strict!
The police here certainly do mess about. No softly softly approach, they just give you a brief verbal warning, and if you still don't comply they'll go in batons swinging - as some folk found out to their cost last night.

Anyway, it has finally stopped raining, and the sun is out, with a nice temperature of 28C - might go for a stroll.

Last edited:
Spent the NYE with my parents and I woke up around 8 this morning, but had a lie in and spent some time on my phone. Had a nice brunch with my parents, watched the Vienna Philharmonic's New Year concert on TV and enjoyed some homemade vishnovka along with it. Went out for a short walk for about an hour since the weather is quite forgiving today. After stretching my legs, I'm now spending some time on the couch, tinkering with Goodreads and considering my possible to-read list (as if I'll stick to it). Hopefully the rest of the day will be just as uneventful.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.