What have you done today?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another great day!
•woke up at 6:30am and had half hour to myself. I listened to a podcast and had coffee
•7am woke everyone else up.
• made breakfast (bacon sarnies)
• hubby took the older kids back to their mum and went shopping. He took the baby so I had 90 mins of Mummy time!
• during which I tidied the living room, clean the kitchen, kitchen floor, Hoover throughout, bathroom and bathroom floor, stripped the big kids beds. Listened to a podcast while doing all this.
• hubby and baby came home. I made lunch (spinach and tomato pasta)
• did the stockings and Christmas eve box
• Made dinner (burrito bowls)
• had a bath with baby
• cleaned the kitchen again
• played with baby for a few hours
• baby bedtime
• wrapped presents
• now in bed on tattle 😂

Reactions: 4
Woke up with the worlds worst migraine, took some pain which got rid of the pain but my head still felt hella sensitive 🤢
Boyfriend went to Tesco’s to pick up some last minute drink for sis in laws, drove to mums to pick up some presents then we did a present drop to sis in law and MILs house. Stood on their driveways talking for well over an hour, weather was minging so it was bloody freezing. Worth it though as we miss them, especially our nieces and nephews. Kids got to see their cousins for first time in well over 7 weeks.
Got McDonald’s on the way home as it was nearly bedtime and we hadn’t eaten, littlest went to bed while biggest played with his new toy from Gma and I scrubbed the kitchen. All good intentions to scrub the house top to bottom tonight but fell asleep at 8:30 with my eldest and I’ve just woken up with the baby so here we are! I can’t believe it’s Christmas Eve!

finally having a lovely day! :love:
the last few days have been a mess as my bf was in hospital in another city 10 hours away for an operation
but they did the operation early and released him early and everything went well so he arrived home last night!!
got up early this morning to pick something up from the pharmacy for him, then the bakery for fresh bread and the shop before it closes
made a huge breakfast spread and another batch of cookies
we had a lovely breakfast together and then i did some washing and tidying afterwards
now on the couch chilling and waiting for lunch later, i have already made it so that i can relax today
later in the afternoon having a zoom with bf's parents to open their presents and they will open ours
tomorrow we are doing the same thing with my parents :)
and then a picky feast in the evening with some christmas movies!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Well I'm sorted than I every will be. Plans for today haven't really gone to plan. Had a massive argue with partner this morning about our relationship being a joke. He has finally realised the only time we get on is when we have his daughter. The rest of the time we hardly talk. Honestly stopped trying to talk about anything other than his daughter he stops listening if conversation turns.
He storms off to work at 7. I've been to co op first thing get bread and a few random bits. Changed all the beds moved the presents for it to be easier for him to put under tree when stepdaughters in bed. Hoovered clean oven clean sofas and kitchen etc. Amazing how much I can get done in a mood.
Cleaning bathroom now then going for a soak. Partners massage don't ruining christmas for his daughter if your going to be a mardy witch after working till midnight. Boss rang to see if I can come in early 1 team members not turned in on day shift and 2 of the 7 members of staff have phoned in sick for tonight. So the extra 2 put on to make close down easier we haven't got on one of the busiest nights of year. Going in at 3 instead of 5 and dreading it

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Had a long awaited telephone consultation with my surgeon. Not positive news really; will need to have some further tests but it appears my kidneys are f&@£ed alongside a few other things. I’m normally a strong person (have to be) but I wasn’t expecting this today. Regardless, life has a habit of throwing me my fair share of curveballs; I’m not throwing in the towel yet. Have an eight year old who needs his mum.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
I’ve done my last clean for tomorrow. Did a post office run for an eBay sale and ended up waiting an hour in the car as they were shut taking in a delivery 😖

I’m off to have a big soak in the bath, do my nails etc. Tonight is pizzas and a film.

Reactions: 1
Not much really.

Woke at 7am - dressed and went for a 6 mile run
had breakfast with my parents
Finished off dressing the Christmas tree
spent the morning on the sunlounger, or dipping my feet in the pool of my parents' back garden
Had lunch - just a BLT
Emailed a few - genuine - friends around the world.
Back on the sun lounger looking forward to our Christmas BBQ in an hour's time

Just cleaned the bathroom / living room. Having a pyjama day today - will have a pamper session this afternoon (wash /blow dry hair, do gel nails, dye eyebrows, tan) I literally haven’t done this in months so going to treat myself. And put my new Christmas Eve pyjamas on!

Then will spend rest of day lounging about, eating, watching TV, Tattling!

Reactions: 6
Well I'm sorted than I every will be. Plans for today haven't really gone to plan. Had a massive argue with partner this morning about our relationship being a joke. He has finally realised the only time we get on is when we have his daughter. The rest of the time we hardly talk. Honestly stopped trying to talk about anything other than his daughter he stops listening if conversation turns.
He storms off to work at 7. I've been to co op first thing get bread and a few random bits. Changed all the beds moved the presents for it to be easier for him to put under tree when stepdaughters in bed. Hoovered clean oven clean sofas and kitchen etc. Amazing how much I can get done in a mood.
Cleaning bathroom now then going for a soak. Partners massage don't ruining christmas for his daughter if your going to be a mardy witch after working till midnight. Boss rang to see if I can come in early 1 team members not turned in on day shift and 2 of the 7 members of staff have phoned in sick for tonight. So the extra 2 put on to make close down easier we haven't got on one of the busiest nights of year. Going in at 3 instead of 5 and dreading it
How do you feel about your relationship?
Had a long awaited telephone consultation with my surgeon. Not positive news really; will need to have some further tests but it appears my kidneys are f&@£ed alongside a few other things. I’m normally a strong person (have to be) but I wasn’t expecting this today. Regardless, life has a habit of throwing me my fair share of curveballs; I’m not throwing in the towel yet. Have an eight year old who needs his mum.
Sorry to hear that, you have a great attitude 😊

Everyone- stop cleaning and enjoy Christmas!!! xx

• Heart
Everything that I can do in preperation for tomorrow is done. I refuse to spend the whole of xmas eve in the kitchen. Just prepared a little buffet of snacks and we are about to settle down and watch polar express and then national lampoons christmas vacation.

• Heart
Today I got up around 7, had a coffee, went back to bed until 9ish. Then got up, and did a les mills class in the living room (body attack #90 is the best thing ever!). Chilled for a bit, then had lunch. Just popped out for a couple of essentials, mostly Christmas dinner and a new toy for the world most spoilt kitten.
Now on the way home to bake a Camembert and for afternoon snack and then bake the ham for tomorrow... all while keeping everything crossed that my mums covid test is negative!

• Heart
Working 8:30-4, literally done nothing work wise since 8:45 as all the clients and management are off.

So I’ve hoovered everywhere and wrapped the last couple of presents. Been in the living room watching tv ever since.

Went to the park with the kids and dog, kids bathed the dog and actually did a decent job. Got a toastie from Costa for lunch. Tidied up a bit and now we are all shamelessly plugged in as our broadband came back on line last night after almost a week out.

Curry for dinner then a bit more wrapping and then organising kids presents so they look equal.

• Heart
Hey, I’m really sorry to hear this.
Over the past 2 years I’ve had a couple of operations on my left kidney to remove a stone that my surgeon thought had been in there since childhood, I found out a few weeks ago (also on the phone) that basically my left kidney no longer functions. It wasn’t such a shock but still obviously worrying. If you ever want to chat just reach out. I hope you and your boy have a good day tomorrow x

• Heart
Hey, I’m really sorry to hear this.
Over the past 2 years I’ve had a couple of operations on my left kidney to remove a stone that my surgeon thought had been in there since childhood, I found out a few weeks ago (also on the phone) that basically my left kidney no longer functions. It wasn’t such a shock but still obviously worrying. If you ever want to chat just reach out. I hope you and your boy have a good day tomorrow x
I may hold you to that. Just trying to get my head around it all. Doesn’t help that the husband is acting like a child because he can’t see his parents tomorrow 💕

Walked the dogs this morning fell over got covered in mud. Had a chippie lunch, bathed the dogs, made chocolate treats with the kids and now cracking open the alcohol and watching the crime channel on tv😂. Merry Christmas all 🥂

5:50 start but we moved
Up and about with baby then when fella got up we had a latte each and got started. Wrapped a load of presents then walked into town for a couple final bits. Went to his Mums my MIL after that and exchanged gifts. We had a Chinese for tea and watched the soaps. I'm just dying to know who Al is cheating with and who whacked Adam Barlow over the head. My Christmas will be made once I know them. Got back at like half 9 and had a Baileys whilst wrapping all the babies presents. Dunno why we put so much effort in cos he's 10 months old and he won't have a Scotby doo what's going on! Tucked up in bed now. Looking forward to tomorrow :)

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.