What have you done today?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Home school this morning. We managed about 3 things before he got bored (he’s in reception, please tell me that’s normal)
Have worked all day, about to cook dinner and go for a walk. My back is killing from being inactive this lockdown!!

Reactions: 2
Got up, logged son onto home schooling for the day. Did some of my own work on the laptop but wasn’t in a motivated mood today so haven’t done as much as I should have 🤦‍♀️ Made some lunch, cleaned and mopped the kitchen. Tattled and now need to think about tea and perhaps do some more work this evening. Groundhog Day 🙄😭

Reactions: 1
@nbt i've been keeping an eye out for your posts for a while and you sound like such a nice and patient person 💛

got up around 7:30, kitty was very chatty so was laughing at her a bit, fed her, changed her water, litter, etc.
got ready for the day, had yoghurt and coffee for breakfast while tattling and reading online newspaper
started working around 9, did a looot of emails with clients and somewhere in between those did a load of laundry
bf let me know he was told by the doctor that everything is okay post-op (it was a benign tumor that he took out) and he's allowed to start working again, and that he was on his way to take the bus back home! he arrives back this evening 🧡 we're finally done with that story
tidied the house a bit, deep cleaned the kitchen and started doing some prep for a nice dinner tonight
continued working, then had lunch and after lunch went out to take out the trash and get some fresh air
when i came back i sat on the couch a bit tattling, feeling tired because of my allergies going wild so i had another 2 hour nap
woke up, had a sandwich and made myself some tea, played with the kitty
now just chilling and soon i'll finish up dinner so that it's ready for when bf is home

• Heart
Reactions: 5
@nbt i've been keeping an eye out for your posts for a while and you sound like such a nice and patient person 💛

got up around 7:30, kitty was very chatty so was laughing at her a bit, fed her, changed her water, litter, etc.
got ready for the day, had yoghurt and coffee for breakfast while tattling and reading online newspaper
started working around 9, did a looot of emails with clients and somewhere in between those did a load of laundry
bf let me know he was told by the doctor that everything is okay post-op (it was a benign tumor that he took out) and he's allowed to start working again, and that he was on his way to take the bus back home! he arrives back this evening 🧡 we're finally done with that story
tidied the house a bit, deep cleaned the kitchen and started doing some prep for a nice dinner tonight
continued working, then had lunch and after lunch went out to take out the trash and get some fresh air
when i came back i sat on the couch a bit tattling, feeling tired because of my allergies going wild so i had another 2 hour nap
woke up, had a sandwich and made myself some tea, played with the kitty
now just chilling and soon i'll finish up dinner so that it's ready for when bf is home
That’s such a kind thing to say, thank you so much 🥰

I’m pleased everything went well with your BF, that must have been such a worry. I bet you’re so relieved.

• Heart
thank you! we are so relieved as it has been going on for so long and we can't believe it's finally done and he's okay now!

also, may i add to my day that i changed my avatar in celebration of becoming a vip member and consider this a personal accomplishment 😂

Woke up for class 3 minutes before it was meant to start, class ended up starting 15 minutes later than usual so I had time to wake up.
After that class ended I attempted to get more sleep but failed so got up, sorted the pile of clothes I got from my brother and washed my hair.
Sat down for my next class, and worked until 5 before finally handing my assignment up.
I'm planning on typing up whatever else I'm missing although I'm not feeling too good right now.
Tonight is just relaxing as much as possible.

Did first at-home leg workout in weeks. It felt pretty great actually, except my right hip joint feel very tight as per 🙄
Signed contract for new job, yay! I start next Monday.
Spoke to my friend and her bf on video call, met their new kitten, a British Shorthair kitten. He is called Moon and is very sweet
Spoke to my other friend who's car got broken into, poor sod
Went for an hour long walk, my right hip joint was giving me grief by the end. I will do a big stretching session on it tomorrow which should help.
Washed my hair
Attempted to clean the flat (failed). Will try again tomorrow
Made spaghetti and veggie meatballs
I'm now going to soak in the bath and start reading the Anthony Keidis (singer from Red Hot Chilli Peppers) autobiography

• Heart
Woke at 6 under a hot glaring morning sun
Went for 11 mile run, this time joined by a fellow runner from out of nowhere
Showered, dressed, breakfast
Tattled, checked emails
IT work for a couple of hours
Booked another PCR test in Pretoria on Wednesday
Zoomed G/f in England. The more I talk to her the more I realise I want to be with her.
Watched some X Files for an hour
Lunch - more rabbit food
An hour sunbathing on the patio
More IT work
3:30pm now, and I think I'll go for a drive to J'burg central
.... faffed about J'burg Central for a couple of hours, had coffee and a bagel
Returned home, spent 20 minutes in the pool, but a bird flew over and crapped in it!
Had dinner with parents
showered, dressed down to t-shirt and short skirt
Tattled, checked emails
Watched some X-Files
Gone 10pm now, and time for bed I think
Another day done, but not a great one

Not much!

Sorted the babies room out! Sort of! Still a bit left. He's nearly a year old and he's still in with us!
I'm sooooo clingy, ill miss him 😂
I turned his pram round to face out and I miss seeing his cute little face when I take him for walks

Went for a walk with the pram, popped in Poundland and got him some books!

The little mite has just got to sleep. Two hours after his bedtime

Might stay up and eat some choccy

Reactions: 6
Got up at 7.30 am.
Showered and washed hair.
Put my face on.
Had some breakfast.
Went to a funeral (attended virtually).
Tried to work the rest of the day but found it really hard to concentrate.
Logged off work at 5 pm.
Had a bath.
Had dinner.
Now surfing the Web.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
One week left of holidays before I return to school ( as an English teacher). Girding my loins - the roller coaster is about to begin. Beautiful weather in Melbourne today.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Woke at 6, didn't bother with a run
Had an argument with my mother, and not for the first time either
Didn't bother with breakfast
Fancied a trip to Durban, but seems only essential/business flights from Johannesburg are allowed. And its 5 hours drive, so knocked that on the head.
Spent some time on the patio contemplating things
Had lunch, but didn't eat all of my salad
Another shouting match with my mother
Finding it hard to focus today, and its only just 2:15pm

• Heart
Not much!

Sorted the babies room out! Sort of! Still a bit left. He's nearly a year old and he's still in with us!
I'm sooooo clingy, ill miss him 😂
I turned his pram round to face out and I miss seeing his cute little face when I take him for walks

Went for a walk with the pram, popped in Poundland and got him some books!

The little mite has just got to sleep. Two hours after his bedtime

Might stay up and eat some choccy
I hated it when I turned my sons pram out too, I used to love looking at his little face and making him giggle - now strangers get the benefit of his utter cuteness and they don’t even care! It’s all wrong. 😂

• Haha
Started today with operation “get the important school work bits done and duck the rest because we don’t want to be sat doing it for hours again”.

Did the 3 main bits - English, Maths and Topic... still took about 4.5 hours?! I don’t know what’s changed from the last two weeks 🤷🏼‍♀️ Interestingly though, we’ve also had an email from the school to say to go at our own pace. So we will do that and I’m going to aim for him to be finished by 2.30 the next few days, which will coincide with me finishing work. Then we’ll have a bit of extra time to do something.

This afternoon felt like I was against the clock to try and finally get out for a walk before it got dark. Once he did finish, looked outside and it was raining 🤦🏼‍♀️😂 we drove to Asda for some bits and once we were back it’d stopped, so we just did a 30 min walk round the block. It felt good to get out for some fresh air!

Just had 30 mins to finish my book while he played, now I’m cooking toad in the hole.

Tonight I’m going to catch up on a bit of TV. Might watch a couple of episodes of The Pembrokeshire Murders.

woke up very tired because i barely slept last night and my allergies are still bothering me
but i had a meeting in the morning so i showered, washed my hair, got dressed, styled my hair and actually put some makeup on
tattled and did a few emails while having yoghurt and coffee for breakfast
went to the meeting at 10, it lasted until about 14 and we ordered lunch there, all in all was very productive
came home even more tired so tried to take a nap but couldn't fall asleep so played with kitty instead
after that mainly some videogames and tattle with a few emails in between
now on the couch having a cup of tea and trying to get rid of all my emails so that i can focus on other work things tomorrow

Spent 40 miserable minutes on hold to the council only to find out I have to singlehandedly pay a £200+ council tax bill for a STUDENT PROPERTY because according to my crappy university, you stop being a student NOT at graduation but 5 minutes after term ends.

Considering I didn't even live there and have no money anyway, I'm bloody fuming and it seems really egregious that they're doing this 😠😭

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Angry
Feeling very lethargic today. Wanted to go for a run, but outing down, so no chance.

Got up, breakfast
Ab workout and some yoga
Shower
Did some study for work, even though I'm on holiday
Lunch
Did some more study
Decluttered some drawers
Now making risotto for tea

Got out of bed
Climbed back into bed
Periodically got out of bed for food
As you can all see I have been super productive today!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.