What have you done today?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Arrived in Johannesburg at around 11:30am SAST time (9:30 UK). Good flight, no problems with security or PCR.
Parents waited for me at airport and drove me back to their place near Roodepoort
Unpacked in my lovely spare bedroom
Had lunch on the patio, and had a paddle in their small pool
Glorious sunshine, temps at the moment 24C, with more to come over the next few days
3:30pm now, and I think I will hit the sack for a couple of hours
Hope all is well in the UK x

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Bugger all today, just relaxing after a real hard week at work, with luck the xmas rush is over and the next 4 working days will be a cake walk.

My Mother and I tested out the Henry Hoover I bought for her, storing will be a problem but we are working on that, it's working very well.

Just got back from a motorcycle clothing shop, a couple of weeks back I failed to get a new Jacket because they were sold out however they
managed to locate on in my size from another branch. They knew what I do for a living so I'm thinking they made an extra effort to get one
for me. I wasn't expecting a jacket for weeks because stocks on this jacket are very low due to being very popular.

Home now, soon to chat with a friend online.

Just a quick update on my son! He was seen by a wound care nurse who has applied a special seaweed (?) plaster to hopefully draw out any nasties. He will have to return Tuesday for a dressing change but thankfully, no antibiotics required just yet.

the rest of today is just deep cleaning particularly as my son has been to what I consider a ‘danger zone’ but also I’ve heard the south east is probably going into a tier 4 lockdown. WTF?!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Biiiig lie in this morning, bacon cobs for breakfast. Worked my way through a big pile of ironing, a load more washing.

Tidied up a few bits, played games with the kids.

Now I’m sat waiting for Boris 🙄

Fajitas for tea, biscuits/home made fudge for pudding and Home Alone on the TV.

Reactions: 1
Woke up and got up about 10 am.
Got showered, tidied my room.
Had lunch.
Went out to the supermarket and pet shop.
Home now and waiting for dinner.
Probably going to spend tonight watching TV again.

had a tit couple of days with absolutely nothing working out 😂
yesterday did a lot of prep work for my bf having surgery in a few days (in a town on the other side of the country)
government introduced new guidelines with traveling and spent hours figuring out how he will come back after his operation
then he let me know that he lost some crucial paperwork and spent the next few hours worrying about that
he went back to the hospital and found it there, but at that point i was already way too stressed
had to do some work in the afternoon and evening and then downed a bottle of wine 😂
woke up this morning feeling terrible and very angry at him, for being irresponsible but also projecting my stress onto him haha
spent the morning bickering and then had an hour long cry about everything which gave me a headache that i still have
we then had to go shopping because he leaves on monday and we needed to get some things
during shopping we sort of made up but i had a little cry in every shop we entered 😂
the shopping was successful though and we had a nice picky dinner, had some nugs and some cheesecake
now in bed with tattle and youtube and my cat comforting me

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Ohh I got my hair done today...hello blonde roots!

I also destroyed the gasket on the washing machine door! The wire of my bra came out and has torn through the rubber gasket whilst the washing machine was spinning. 🙈🙄...this was not planned for today.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Ohh I got my hair done today...hello blonde roots!

I also destroyed the gasket on the washing machine door! The wire of my bra came out and has torn through the rubber gasket whilst the washing machine was spinning. 🙈🙄...this was not planned for today.
Bra wires are lethal

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Arrived in Johannesburg at around 11:30am SAST time (9:30 UK). Good flight, no problems with security or PCR.
Parents waited for me at airport and drove me back to their place near Roodepoort
Unpacked in my lovely spare bedroom
Had lunch on the patio, and had a paddle in their small pool
Glorious sunshine, temps at the moment 24C, with more to come over the next few days
3:30pm now, and I think I will hit the sack for a couple of hours
Hope all is well in the UK x
I hit the sack for more like 12 hours rather than just 2. Woke at 8pm SAST last night
Had a light tea with parents and chatted for an hour or two
Spent time getting used to TV channels, radio stations etc
Did a Google for what restrictions we have in South Africa in general, and J'Burg in particular
Went to bed at midnight, and woke at 8am SAST (6am UK)
had breakfast with parents, read the news that the UK has a new Tier and Christmas in cancelled :eek:
Text g/f in England and sent her lots of love & support, as well as texting other friends and neighbours
Plan to have a long walk and familiarise myself with Roodepoort
the weather is just what the doctor ordered - currently 23C, and will hit 29C later today :LOL:
Doesn't feel like Christmas at all even though some homes do have trees and lights up
Love to all Tattlers xx

Reactions: 3
Yesterday it was my sisters birthday so I met her for a walk and we went for a coffee. Then I met my fella and we finished off our Christmas shopping. Bumped into our friends in the Entertainer and they asked if we wanted to go for some tea. So we went to tea, sat on separate tables
When we got home me and my boyfriend had an argument 🙄 cos he couldn't be bothered putting the baby to bed so it escalated and I ended up falling asleep while waiting for baby to fall asleep 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Yesterday I had to get the 8 yr old tested for COVID, today I think we’re just going to watch Christmas fils and maybe a board game or two, not much else we can do but that’s ok. Oldest kid popped off to work at 5:30 so he can maybe pick us up some lunch on his way home ( no rules being broken, if you’ve had COVID and recovered and have no ongoing symptoms you are allowed out even if someone now has it in your home, myself and oldest had it back in October.)

Well I'm up but I haven't done anything yet. Just sitting by the window having a glass of milk and watching next doors two cats shitting all over my garden 💩😞

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Well yesterday was a massive stress. Once the rumours of no Christmas bubbles started my mum phoned me and told me to drive back home then (I live in a house share so would have been awful to spend Christmas there). I was very hesitant because I’m a stickler for rules but after some convincing from the COVID tattle thread and my mum we decided that me going 3 days earlier than planned posed absolutely no more risk when I was only going to be seeing my parents who are both healthy. So within an hour I was packed and driving home 🤣

having a quiet day today enjoying spending time with my parents for the first time in a long long time. Some Christmas films on and going absolutely nowhere.

Reactions: 3
So far this morning Ive...

washed the dishes
put dishes away
cleaned worktops
emptied the bin
wiped out fridge
now Im just having a cuppa and tattling before I get ready to go food shopping.

Yesterday:
Got up at 6am and got ready.
7am hit asda to do the Christmas food shop - as we have a Christmas Eve tradition of having my parents and sister and her OH round for food and drinks.
also went to aldi.
then went for breakfast with my cousin to do a Christmas gift swap - seated outside.
went home and spent the afternoon cleaning and pottering.
Watched Boris and realised a load of money well spent in the morning on all the food and drink for Christmas Eve 🙄
Watched the strictly final - so glad Bill won,
Then watched our fave Christmas film - it’s a wonderful life with drinks and food. We usually go to a little independent cinema around this time and go for a meal first, but sadly the picture house was a victim of the pandemic so couldn’t do that and interpreted it at home instead

Woke up early with a stomach on fire. I guess painkiller on an empty stomach was a terrible idea after all, I just haven't felt it last night.
Had breakfast, hoping some bread would fix the situation but didn't help much. Looked for Rennie all around the flat but I've done an expired medicine clearout a month ago and it was bare bones. Took out some thicker jumpers, put away the odd warm weather clothes that managed to sneak away from my autumn wardrobe change. Had pasta and some ginger ale for lunch which did help the stomach, thankfully. I'll now have a banana, sort out my possible reading list for the new year, wrap the couple of gifts I still have lying around and see if I can write today. Also trying to find an easy, fool-proof recipe for cut out cookies for tea, if I can be arsed.

Not feeling festive at all, I guess 2020 has taken a toll on me after all.

Got are you awake off of stepdaughter at 4.30 this morning told her to get in bed with me and try to sleep kicked in the ribs till 5 gave up at 5.30 painted her nails and toe nails red and gold surprised I managed to see nail at that time in morning. Talked about Christmas got her ready for day so her daddy only has to feed her breakfast and rebrush teeth. Got ready for work partner took me to work. Stepdaughter cried. Nice 8 till 7 today. Don't know what doing later.. but tomorrow another 8-7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.