Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pinkblush

VIP Member
Well I'm up but I haven't done anything yet. Just sitting by the window having a glass of milk and watching next doors two cats shitting all over my garden 💩😞

• Haha
Reactions: 6

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Fed up of life lol
Baby awake from 12-3.45 and a lazy fella
Fella in work at 7.30 and woke us up getting ready. Tired all day now baby won't go sleep now.
Just burst into tears and my boyfriends too busy watching the man united match 😳😳
Nervous breakdown central here

I'm usually more happy go lucky, laugh it off type but I'm struggling to cope 😪 hope I get some sleep and feel better tomorrow

• Heart
  • Sad

Pinkblush

VIP Member
New couch arrived earlier. Kids at nans so will hopefully get to christen it tonight with the fella.

• Haha

Maid22

VIP Member
Went Xmas food shopping, won't have to go for 2 weeks
My oh was still looking for a job (he was laid off 2wks ago)hasn't been out of work for years, he's worried about money, I keep saying we can cope, anyways we ended up on a long dog walk, did us all good.

Pinkblush

VIP Member
In some ways I enjoy boxing day more than xmas day. The house right now is totally silent. Kids knackered from yesterday so still asleep. The good thing about covid is there will be no visitors or visits and all that standing in ceremony stuff. Just going to have a nice chilled family day.

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Had a lovely walk round the park with the baby and got him on the swings. He loves them. Another 4 steps today 🤩 he'll be proper walking in no time. When we got in from the park we had butties and just relaxed. Mr watermelon sugar watched the game and I had a nice 90 mins just me and the baby

• Heart

aimzalicious

VIP Member
@SavvyBee I thought it'd be boring too, but I find it really nice to hear what everyone's been up to!

Today I had my second job interview at midday and at half 4 got a call to say I'd got it!!! I am over the moon having been unemployed since the first lockdown. Not only this but it's a job I am genuinely passionate about, my best friend has also just got a job there and it's an excellent pay rise. I'm still in shock. But very happy!

I also made some tomato and chilli soup for my lunch (it wasn't that good, 4 chillis is too much, even for me)
I did my first volunteer shift back at the RSPCA since Christmas, and met all the new cats who had arrived since I've been gone
I am going to have my favourite Aldi BBQ jackfruit pizza as a treat and watch more of The Night Manager then have a blueberry muffin and a cuppa before bed.

What a great day 🥰

• Heart

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Not much!

Sorted the babies room out! Sort of! Still a bit left. He's nearly a year old and he's still in with us!
I'm sooooo clingy, ill miss him 😂
I turned his pram round to face out and I miss seeing his cute little face when I take him for walks

Went for a walk with the pram, popped in Poundland and got him some books!

The little mite has just got to sleep. Two hours after his bedtime

Might stay up and eat some choccy

lemonlime

VIP Member
Could not get out of bed until 10am, the motivation I have to be a functioning person is decreasing by the minute. I don't have much work to do today, I just had a call and and some emails in the morning and I need to write a short brief before 6pm but that's pretty much non-work. Tattled and wasted time on the interned pretty much the entire day so far. Having a coffee now and I'll probably go on a walk because I've been sedantary all week apart from short walks. I also want to buy crisps for a treat this evening but I know that if I start eating them, I'll want more. I just have this urge to make impulse purchases which I guess boils down to boredom and cabin fever. Desperately need to dust my bedroom but I've been staring at the hideous shelves for 10 days without lifting a finger. Please someone send some willpower to get my to-do list done today. *lies down to groan*

• Heart

Mulholland Drive

VIP Member
Tattle seemed to have stopped notifying me of updates on this thread but I just caught up. Was thinking of you this weekend for your flight @Mulholland Drive , I'm glad you finally got home ❤ Welcome back to freezing cold England!! Have you got any nice plans with your gf for after the 10 days?

Today was my first day at the new job
4 zoom meetings back-to-back this morning, lots of meeting people, and a long phone call to IT to set up the work laptop they sent me
Made halloumi salad for lunch which was very nice
Did some work for my new manager which she seemed happy with
Realized that I was still having technical issues on the work laptop by the end of the day but thought "I'm not working late on my first day" and logged off 😂 will fix with the IT man tomorrow morning
Made a snack and did an upper body workout
Washed my hair and trimmed my fringe which I like. It's shorter, but not too Lord Farquaad-y. I feel very ✨arty✨ with this fringe
Cooked dinner
Going to watch more Haikyuu now and read my Anthony Kiedis autobiography before bed

All in all, a quite successful day, looking forward to tomorrow
Thanks for the nice thoughts:). Yes,it is good to be back here despite it still being winter (compared to summer in SA).

My G/f tested covid-positive about 3 months ago, so when my 10 days are up we're both going to have separate PCR tests just to make sure we are "clean", and then she can come over to my place for a week or two and play catch up on a few things ;)

• Heart

SavvyBee

VIP Member
Drove to see Husband’s children on their driveway (we stay in car they stand 2m away - they’re older so understand)
Drove 5 mins away to MILs and dropped her a couple of shopping items she had needed. She shuts her doors to her conservatory and we let ourselves in via the garden so we don’t have to stand in the cold, she stays in the main house with the doors closed and we sit in the conservatory like zoo animals but we can hear each other through the small windows at the top. She lives alone so could be our bubble but this is all she feels comfortable doing. It’s hard work though! Plus she hadn’t switched the heating on in the conservatory so I was frozen! We then drove home via our new property which is being built at the moment to check progress. Home, bubble bath, dinner in the oven and waiting to open a bottle of wine!

PS I thought this thread would be really dull but it’s actually interesting seeing how people are filling their days!

• Heart
Update on what I'm doing today wanker turned up with stepdaughter for me to look after till Friday. I'm the only person with this week off to look after her 😒 not on speaking terms yet and have been looking in selling today and he brings her knowing I won't say no great week off roll on the 5.30 can we get up now

• Sad
  • Heart

under the ivy

VIP Member
Woke up at 8
Had a shower etc, made an effort as I had a presentation to give via Zoom
Had a coffee, too nervous to eat because of said presentation
Did my presentation at 1 and the meeting lasted 2 hours - it was for my PhD progression which I passed my 1st year!
Had another shower, put pyjamas on
Made tea - chicken with roast sweet potato and veg
Now in bed with a cookie 🙂

Got woke up about a hour before my alarm. Stepdaughters birthday he had to get up to go see her open her presents and take her to school (fair enough but went down after her bedtime last night to set up and didn't get in till 11.30 and went at 6 this morning) might as well of slept there.
Asked for a photo of her enjoying her morning about 8.45 heard nothing back. Worked till 6 have heard nothing from partner. Walked home come in to fridge wide open and a toilet full of shit (so he's been home).
Tidied up going in bath. Don't mind being left out its her birthday but gets to me that he will turn up or ring when he's 20minutes away for me to put tea on

• Sad
  • Angry

DuckDuck

VIP Member
Breakfast , tattle , mumsnet , lunch , tattle, Instagram , mumsnet , dinner , now in bed relaxing and tattling ,might head over to mumsnet , yknow for a change

• Haha

petitspois

VIP Member
I've finally tidied my dining room completely back to a dining room, it's been a home office since March. Out of office is on and I'm ready for a break. Fajitas tonight then watch Grand Tour with the kids.

• Heart

Petulant_vlogger

Got up at 5am did an hours yoga then went for a two mile run, came back and had a smoothie.

Did I heck!!

Had a lay in. Bacon sandwiches for breakfast.
Bought a coat and boots from m&s for my mum
Housework plus a zillion house plants to water
Bit of a lazy afternoon before getting the dinner ready
Watched tv
You got me! I proper rolled my eyes reading that first line 😂😂

• Haha

under the ivy

VIP Member
Just cleaned the bathroom / living room. Having a pyjama day today - will have a pamper session this afternoon (wash /blow dry hair, do gel nails, dye eyebrows, tan) I literally haven’t done this in months so going to treat myself. And put my new Christmas Eve pyjamas on!

Then will spend rest of day lounging about, eating, watching TV, Tattling!

bolimepipi

VIP Member
Got home from work about 1 should of been 12.15 (short staffed and busiest night of year 😔) . Put the presents under the tree partner left if for me to do even though said he would. Could of cried with state of kitchen after him preparing Xmas Dinner early. Partner sleeping in spare room and stepdaughter sleep in our bed for some reason got in her bed found out why 🤣 she had weed the bed took her pj bottoms off and found nearest empty bed. Put stocking on door and shared with her wasnt going to wake mardy arse. Got a crying little girl at 6.30 saying santa probably didn't come because she weed bed didn't notice stocking. Got her to go wake daddy up all got in bed opening stocking loved everything but soon tossed aside. Went downstairs tossed aside presents like nothing then helped me open mine from her and daddy what I wrapped myself lol. Played with the presents watched grinch, pampered her in Bath and painted nails till dinner was ready. One thing my partner is good at and its dinners pulled loads of crackers and party popper had a dance and pudding. Partner takes daughter back to mothers. No word from him since 2 and hasn't really spoke to me since yesterday mornings arguement apart from playing games. I tidy up and cracked open my Christmas rum now its Christmas lol
i'm sorry i know this is not a thread to give advice and it's not my place to comment, but i've been reading your last couple of posts and i am sure you don't deserve this kind of treatment!! you should confront him. sending lots of love ❤