Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Rxt156

VIP Member
I don’t think it’s disrespectful to ask how someone has died when you find out they’ve passed away

Reactions: 60

unfinishedsentenc

VIP Member
Unpopular opinion but I think artificial grass looks absolutely shite and I would almost go as far as to say quite tacky in people's gardens.

• Heart
Reactions: 54

Pinkii

VIP Member
This will be an unpopular opinion on a gossip forum about influencers but some people really need to take a chill pill and step away from threads.

We’re all here to chat shit about them but some are like rabid dogs salivating at the mouth at the smallest things, they’re hatred is very clear to see. I think some of the response say a lot more about the poster than it does about the influencer in question.

• Heart
Reactions: 52

emerald

VIP Member
"Travelling" ain't all that and in a similar vein it's completely acceptable to be very happy in your own neck of the woods and have zero desire to "see the world". Being happy with your lot is not a bad thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 45

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
99% of people who claim they have anxiety are talking shite.
It’s yet another buzzword that’s been jumped on as an excuse to get out of doing things they don’t want to do.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 42

unfinishedsentenc

VIP Member
Unpopular opinion, Adele is boring as fuck and her performances are mediocre at best. If you've heard one of her songs, you've practically heard them all. No Adele I won't "go easy" on you and neither should your fans.

• Haha
  • Heart

DiscoBiscuit

VIP Member
World Book Day costumes should be backed up with a book.

Your kid wants to go as a Disney Princess or Marvel character? Fine, if they've got a book with that Princess or Marvel character in that they can take in on the day. The whole point of the day is to encourage kids to be interested in reading and books, not for them to dress up as a film character.

• Heart
I'm a hard old cow but have to admit I've cried a few times over the last couple of days over this. It might seem stupid to others but when I see everyday normal people queing to be given weapons and talking about what they need to do it makes me sad. Also thinking of all the animals and small children plus the men who can't leave even if they want to. And all of this because some old man probably sitting in his bunker threw a temper tantrum

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 41

Happy Lady

VIP Member
New to this thread so apologies if already discussed.

I hate it when I'm in a restaurant and parents allow their kids to shriek, walk around, or run about. Whilst everyone else has gone out for a relaxing time to enjoy their food and wine, the last thing we all need is to feel that we're sitting in a play group!

• Heart
Reactions: 40

Hmmm?

Chatty Member
UO - those long fake eyelashes that are so big that you can’t even see their eyes. They are so chavy and look ridiculous. I don’t understand how the person wearing them thinks they look good 👀

Reactions: 39

CheshireLove

VIP Member
Lots of UO in my head, so I'll begin with an easy one.

Why aren't women demanding equality when fleeing from Ukraine. Why aren't they insisting that equal numbers of men should be allowed on the train.

Once again equality is only for the good things in life, and not for standing in line to be killed.

Yes, I know some women are refusing to leave without their husbands, but in most cases they are leaving.
Women don't have their voices heard in times of relative normality John, what makes you think they will be listened to when fleeing for their lives with babes in arms? Would you like them to form a human barricade until men are let onto the trains? You clearly know nothing of the confusion and horrors of times of war.

And god forbid women leave, with their babies and elderly parents. Would you like them to make a point and stay, so their children are killed and the women are raped? Sexual violence is a weapon of war - against women.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

DiscoBiscuit

VIP Member
Some of the BPD chat has made for difficult reading. My Husband was diagnosed with BPD before we got married. He's medicated for the depression, anxiety, and OCD that have come with it, and did have some therapy at one point.

He's previously been quite impulsive. Things like tattoos and piercings, big purchases like a car, booking holidays without asking me first. We now have a rule that he has to stop and think "can we afford it?" And "what would my wife think about this?" And generally he does stick with it.

He finds it hard to keep friendships going, because as soon as he gets comfortable with people his brain tells him they're not really his friends, and they don't really like him. He's pushed friends away in the past, because in his head that's easier than them abandoning him.

He doesn't drink or gamble at all, because he knows that once he starts there's a chance he won't be able to stop.

Despite all the issues, he's a good man, and a wonderful father. He's worked so hard to make sure he is more than his diagnosis. Not once in the 16 years since we met have I known him to use his mental health as a weapon, or a tool to excuse his behaviour. He would be devastated if he thought anyone was judging him because he has BPD.

I'd say that anyone who is enough of a dick to brush off their dickish behaviour with "I can't help it coz I've got this diagnosis" would still be a dick without that diagnosis.

• Heart
  • Sad

emerald

VIP Member
I think a lot of the thread titles that get voted in are crap and the trite rhymes that people vote for make me cringe sometimes. I think the current Mrs. Hinch thread with no title looks good and sometimes we just shouldn't bother.

The fact that I've never won a thread title when I suggest one may factor in to this opinion.

• Haha
  • Heart

Rxt156

VIP Member
You can disagree with someone’s outfit without being jealous and or a weirdo !

• Heart
Reactions: 36

DiscoBiscuit

VIP Member
On Pancake day the pancakes should ALWAYS be the thin crepe-type ones. If you're having thick American style ones then you're doing it wrong.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35

Ruby’s mum

VIP Member
Isn’t it odd that if someone says they don’t smoke no one questions it, but if they say they don’t drink it’s viewed as weird? Alcohol is arguably every bit as bad for the health as tobacco but in the UK at least it feels almost obligatory.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
If you're vain enough and stupid enough to fly to an unregulated clinic in Turkey to have your arse injected with cement then I have no sympathy if it goes wrong.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33