Unpopular opinions #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Some of the BPD chat has made for difficult reading. My Husband was diagnosed with BPD before we got married. He's medicated for the depression, anxiety, and OCD that have come with it, and did have some therapy at one point.

He's previously been quite impulsive. Things like tattoos and piercings, big purchases like a car, booking holidays without asking me first. We now have a rule that he has to stop and think "can we afford it?" And "what would my wife think about this?" And generally he does stick with it.

He finds it hard to keep friendships going, because as soon as he gets comfortable with people his brain tells him they're not really his friends, and they don't really like him. He's pushed friends away in the past, because in his head that's easier than them abandoning him.

He doesn't drink or gamble at all, because he knows that once he starts there's a chance he won't be able to stop.

Despite all the issues, he's a good man, and a wonderful father. He's worked so hard to make sure he is more than his diagnosis. Not once in the 16 years since we met have I known him to use his mental health as a weapon, or a tool to excuse his behaviour. He would be devastated if he thought anyone was judging him because he has BPD.

I'd say that anyone who is enough of a dick to brush off their dickish behaviour with "I can't help it coz I've got this diagnosis" would still be a dick without that diagnosis.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
You’re all boring banging on about personality disorders. duck sake start a thread of your own instead of killing this one.

Give us some good UO’s. Like Brad Pitt is ugly and there is only two sexes despite what some people claim

Broccoli is amazing but cauliflower can go straight in the bin along with bacon and cheese

Pancakes are best with cinnamon and sugar or lemon

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I just don't get this attitude at all. Some people just don't like it or like the effect it has on them. Some people don't like cheese. I think that's weirder :ROFLMAO:

Here's an UO, if your non drinking friend is driving to a get together don't automatically think they can be your personal taxi. Nothing pisses me off more than someone saying 'Oh you're driving, can you give me a lift home?' . I hate it because if I'm driving and want to leave I feel obliged to perhaps stay longer because the other parties 'aren't ready to leave yet' and it inevitably is out of my way and makes my night longer. If I offer, that's one thing but don't think 'ooh Fenella's driving, That's my ride home sorted so I can get pissed' :mad:
Oh yes this is so true! I used to be more easily swayed, whereas now I just tell the people who want a lift when I'm planning on heading off. I usually say it about 15 mins before I'm gonna go, so they have time to finish their drinks and say their goodbyes, etc.

If they're not ready, then I'll just go. They're usually too drunk to remember by the next day, so they never try to guilt me for it. 😂

Reactions: 2
People who try to guilt me for still fondly remembering the music of a convicted pedalo or the show of another one while they still not only watch the BBC but pay to do so. Piss right off hypocrites
I am ashamed to admit that I played Gary Glitter's greatest hits CD for pass the parcel and musical chairs for my child's 5th birthday. The kids loved it and sang and danced along. However, this was way before the man took his computer to PC World and was discovered to be a repulsive human being. Even though his music is good sing-a-long pop, I would never willingly listen to it now. I hope he dies in prison.

Reactions: 3
You’re all boring banging on about personality disorders. duck sake start a thread of your own instead of killing this one.

Give us some good UO’s. Like Brad Pitt is ugly and there is only two sexes despite what some people claim

Broccoli is amazing but cauliflower can go straight in the bin along with bacon and cheese

Pancakes are best with cinnamon and sugar or lemon
Pancakes are horrid but not as horrid as Yorkshire puddings.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 22
Everybody enmasse should cancel their TV licence. It is easily done by removing all implied rights of access. Nobody should be paying for it.
Genuinely curious, maybe I’m thick 🤷🏼‍♂️ but do you not get letters and stuff about it? What does the removing all implied rights of access thing mean? Would love to not pay every month.

I am ashamed to admit that I played Gary Glitter's greatest hits CD for pass the parcel and musical chairs for my child's 5th birthday. The kids loved it and sang and danced along. However, this was way before the man took his computer to PC World and was discovered to be a repulsive human being. Even though his music is good sing-a-long pop, I would never willingly listen to it now. I hope he dies in prison.
I do miss 'Another Rock 'n' Roll Christmas' though.

I can get onboard with the Yorkshire Puds. Vile little things and misnamed. I thought I was getting pudding 😢
They're just a doughy mess.

Genuinely curious, maybe I’m thick 🤷🏼‍♂️ but do you not get letters and stuff about it? What does the removing all implied rights of access thing mean? Would love to not pay every month.
It basically means you can just refuse to let them in when they come knocking, or even just close the door on them.

Reactions: 3
Nobody ever mentions Bowie when talking about the paedos of pop. Always glossed over when it comes to him

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Nope I don’t hear a peep! Maybe every few years I might get a letter asking if my circumstances have changed but I just return it as non applicable to me and remind them I’ve removed implied rights of access. Which anybody can do verbally by phoning them.

I don’t really watch any telly that isn’t internet based via my chrome cast these days anyway. The detector van is an absolute myth. They just go by a list of addresses that do not have a licence. It’s as simple as that. You also do not have to let a TV licence bully into your home, by law they have no rights. I would suggest if you do not wish to pay, then simply cancel, give them a call or write to them just saying you will no longer be paying for the licence and state you are “removing implied rights of access”. You can also put a sign on your front door stating the fact if you so wish.

Everybody enmasse should cancel their TV licence. It is easily done by removing all implied rights of access. Nobody should be paying for it.
I cancelled mine before Christmas.
Had a knock at the door in January from the TV licensing people. Luckily husband answered and said I deal with it and I was ill in bed with Covid so they went on their merry way.
I did reset the DD…can they actually fine or prosecute if you don’t have one but watch live TV?

Reactions: 1
Some boring UOs for you:
- Mainstream/mass produced designs, adverts, cartoons and things like that seem a lot less creative nowadays....
- Rose gold isn't nice.
- BLT, chicken salad and chicken mayo sandwiches are :sick::sick:...

Reactions: 7
I cancelled my TV license online a few years back. It was super simple and they refunded the amount that was remaining for the year, if memory serves. We exclusively use streaming platforms and never watch live TV 🤷🏻‍♀️ Don’t miss it at all and never had any hassle from them.

Some boring UOs for you:
- Mainstream/mass produced designs, adverts, cartoons and things like that seem a lot less creative nowadays....
- Rose gold isn't nice.
- BLT, chicken salad and chicken mayo sandwiches are :sick::sick:...
I really dislike rose gold and it's bloody everywhere.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.