Unpopular opinions #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thats a nice idea. It ties in with bedtime stories too.
They brought that in about 3yrs ago ,the kids think it's great getting to wear their PJ's to school lol .

My daughter has gone to world book day as a character from Dork Diaries who wears jeans, hoodie and trainers with her hair in a ponytail. So this is how my daughter dressed! Upon entering the classroom her teacher said that she should have come in a costume and not mufti 😡

My unpopular opinion is that sometimes schools create a dislike for reading by being pushy. My daughter reads every single evening and loves books, but apparently this doesn't count as the books she reads are not from the scheme!
Do they have accelerated reading in english schools , I actually think that takes away from the enjoyment of the books too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
My daughter has gone to world book day as a character from Dork Diaries who wears jeans, hoodie and trainers with her hair in a ponytail. So this is how my daughter dressed! Upon entering the classroom her teacher said that she should have come in a costume and not mufti 😡
That’s out of order. One of my kids hates dressing up. He just won’t do it. And why should he? I always send him in normal clothes with a spurious nod to the theme 🤣 If a teacher told him off I would be furious. Not all families can make or buy fancy costumes. Some kids have sensory issues and can’t bear things like nylon. And some just plain don’t want to!

While I was dropping my dressed-as-a-penguin kid off at school this morning, a Mum on the playground announced that her kid was the only one in his uniform because "he dunt read so what's the point?"
Sadly proves my point that WBD isn’t going to reach the families that don’t value education. Poor kid doesn’t stand a chance.

Reactions: 10
World book day is just another elf on the shelf.
I wish they’d stop making up these ridiculous days and events.

Reactions: 17
Sadly proves my point that WBD isn’t going to reach the families that don’t value education. Poor kid doesn’t stand a chance.
I think the optimist in me just hopes that the activities the school have planned, and seeing his friends getting excited about the day, will spark something in him that will encourage him to pick up a book.

Reactions: 5
Any sort of costuming event makes me, an adult, feel tired tbh. They happen at work quite a lot and I never take part and just show up in uniform, I can't be fucked with that nonsense as a grown woman 😂

"It's just a bit of fun" nahh it's effort mate. Let me get my dollar a day in peace 😂😂

World book day is just another elf on the shelf.
I wish they’d stop making up these ridiculous days and events.
when it started as World Book Night there was special events etc and was designed for anyone who doesn't read / to improve literacy.For several years I gave out books until for some reason one year I got rejected after several successful years.. after that I gave up bothering with it

• Sad
Reactions: 7
my unpopular opinion is some of the humour on influencer/guru/instagrammer etc threads is so tit. don't understand how some things get hundreds of reactions it wasn't that funny. also some ppl clearly want reactions to be validated like ur just as bad as influencers mate
I agree! Some of the thread recaps are ridiculous and waaaaaaaaaaay too try hard.

World book day. When parents spend hours making costumes for their kids when they could read with them.

Reactions: 17
So apparently they did dress up at my daughter's pre school, just no one told me. I didn't even know it was WBD until today from online.

Has anyone else noticed schools act like you should know everything by don't actually tell you anything.

Seems to me from looking at FB pictures that everyone just guys a costume. So WBD is just another coperate greed event. The kids should have to make the outfit at school as part of DT or whatever

Reactions: 9
Has anyone else noticed schools act like you should know everything by don't actually tell you anything.
God yes! It's Red Nose Day in a couple of weeks. I'd be expecting to be told around now what the theme is, and if we need a costume/donation/etc. Judging by last year we'll probably find out less than a week before.

Our school also have a habit of sending out last minute "reminder" messages for things they'd never told us about in the first place.

Reactions: 8
God yes! It's Red Nose Day in a couple of weeks. I'd be expecting to be told around now what the theme is, and if we need a costume/donation/etc. Judging by last year we'll probably find out less than a week before.

Our school also have a habit of sending out last minute "reminder" messages for things they'd never told us about in the first place.
But then they give you attitude like youre a bad parent for not knowing.

Reactions: 3
I bleeping despise World Book Day with every fibre of my being. I love reading, I love books, peoples feral offspring should read books… but I do not want endless pictures of peoples kids dressed up for no reason at all except to indulge themselves with likes and delude themselves that their kid is cute and everyone is interested in seeing said pictures… FYI. We are not.

Reactions: 16
I can't like this enough! I'm the same and have never met anyone else that can't burp.
On the very very very rare occasion one comes out it's as loud as an ant might burp 😂 The whole street must hear me very loudly and proudly announce that I burped though 😂
oh my god this is literally me 😂 I so rarely burp that I’m a bit jealous of people who can. And when a little one comes out once a year I’m like ‘I BURPED!’ 😁

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Unisex toilets should not be allowed
If there is only 2 cubicles, toilets should be Unisex. I'm not waiting in a queue for the ladies when the mens is empty, I'll use the mens.

Reactions: 2
Unisex toilets should not be allowed
Except in certain circumstances it’s unisex or nothing. My library doesn’t have space for single sex toilets neither does my church or many of the local cafes. They all have all one self contained toilet and sinks many are also designed to be accessible for wheelchair users with a space for a changing table.
The removal of single sex toilets in schools and various other public settings is however wrong. But if I’m busting for a wee all I care about is if the toilets are clean with paper.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.