Unpopular opinions #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People who show off their cleaning regime and hoover lines in their carpet.
Why?!
We all clean our homes, who gives a duck!

Reactions: 22
This will be an unpopular opinion on a gossip forum about influencers but some people really need to take a chill pill and step away from threads.

We’re all here to chat tit about them but some are like rabid dogs salivating at the mouth at the smallest things, they’re hatred is very clear to see. I think some of the response say a lot more about the poster than it does about the influencer in question.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
TikTok has made people way too insensitive. In relation to a previous conversation about people asking how other people have died, whenever someone alludes to having lost someone the comments are flooded with story time requests. Then people get annoyed if the person does one but takes a little while to get into explaining or doesn’t go into enough detail. I’ve also seen way too many jokes about the war between Ukraine and Russia. Kids in Britain and America are posting stupid tit like “first was kinda nervous” as if people in Ukraine aren’t genuinely terrified at the prospect of losing everything’s.
I also think the way it’s so easy to build a platform on TikTok has meant the term influencer means nothing now since people can make a living by making random content. I know YouTube is similar but there is an element of skill and planning that goes into the most successful YouTuber’s videos which is why it’s so much harder to build a platform and stay relevant.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I find people who push human attributes onto animals vomit inducing.

“Fur baby” - Get in the bin with that!

You are not a mother because you own a dog/cat. You are a pet owner.

My childrens step mum calls herself a rat mama. 🤢 Yes rats make wonderful pets but you’re still just a rat owner. Stop humanising them. (she does have actual human children too). Quite frankly I feel like telling people like this to grow the hell up!
i said this on a thread ages ago, and got the obvious replies of ‘well i can’t have children’ so my dog is my child.. like sorry about your circumstances but you’re still not a mother to that pet and they are not your child.

comparing pets to children is always funny to me cause you always get the replies of well i love them like my children blah blah but being a mother to humans and pets is not the same, sorry if that offends anyone but its the truth.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
This will be an unpopular opinion on a gossip forum about influencers but some people really need to take a chill pill and step away from threads.

We’re all here to chat tit about them but some are like rabid dogs salivating at the mouth at the smallest things, they’re hatred is very clear to see. I think some of the response say a lot more about the poster than it does about the influencer in question.
Have to agree.

Some are obviously here for a good witch and laugh but for others it’s like their main mission in life to bring a particular influencer down and won’t stop until they’ve accomplished what they’ve set out to do. Madness.

Reactions: 17
I think pets (well dogs mostly) love their human parents owners more then what children love their parents.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
"Travelling" ain't all that and in a similar vein it's completely acceptable to be very happy in your own neck of the woods and have zero desire to "see the world". Being happy with your lot is not a bad thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 45

Ohhhh yes i agree with this. People get way too caught up in the lives of people on instagram. Fair enough if you dislike someone but some of the genuine hatred for some influencers (Mrs Hinch) seems a bit OTT.

"Travelling" ain't all that and in a similar vein it's completely acceptable to be very happy in your own neck of the woods and have zero desire to "see the world". Being happy with your lot is not a bad thing.
Maybe it’s just me but the whole “your 20’s are for travelling” thing I’ve never really got. I never went travelling, none of my friends went travelling, my partner never went travelling. I actually don’t know anyone who spent their 20’s travelling 🤷🏽‍♀️

I also don’t like how some people try and make others feel like tit because they are happy staying in their hometown rather than moving away.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Even though Inbetweeners 2 is pretty crap they did get the cliché of the head traveller perfect.

Reactions: 12
Maybe it’s just me but the whole “your 20’s are for travelling” thing I’ve never really got. I never went travelling, none of my friends went travelling, my partner never went travelling. I actually don’t know anyone who spent their 20’s travelling 🤷🏽‍♀️

I also don’t like how some people try and make others feel like tit because they are happy staying in their hometown rather than moving away.
I feel the same, just entered my 20s and keep seeing people I used to know going off travelling around the world with friends. The furthest me and my best friend have considered going is Alton Towers for a weekend 😆.

• Haha
If you come home from “traveling” with a pair of these trousers and a couple of hair braids saying how amazing it was … you didn’t go traveling. You just had a few weeks in Thailand going to the same beaches and same bars, surrounded by the same style of pretentious boarding school twats.

DCF2BD80-BB5A-4F41-BB9B-23EC46849503.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 28
It’s weird for me to see people who don’t like to or don’t want to or don’t care about travelling.
I can remember even as a young kid being an explorer and wanting to see the world. My biggest wish has always been to have a passport full of stamps and now they don’t even do stamps anymore 😂 Although I always ask for one and only an American pasport controller ever said no

• Heart
Reactions: 5
If you come home from “traveling” with a pair of these trousers and a couple of hair braids saying how amazing it was … you didn’t go traveling. You just had a few weeks in Thailand going to the same beaches and same bars, surrounded by the same style of pretentious boarding school twats.

View attachment 1085289
And say stuff like "Ummm yeah don't really consider myself a 'traveller', more a citizen of the world"

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I regret not travelling before having kids. Not necessarily the backpacker way, even just going on holiday more. I wish I did more with my free time 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.