Unpopular opinions #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm seeing a lot of posts on my socials esp Instagram about people in the US and UK who may be suffering from anxiety because of the situation in the Ukraine. Aside from any humanitarian sympathy feelings and possible further increases in energy prices. WHY? It really will not affect you as far as I can tell unless you have friends and relatives over there and/or if Putin nukes us all. Why would it cause Charlene from Stoke anxiety?? (Prepared to admit if there is something I am not quite getting here)
There's a few factors here. Fuel prices are going to soar, so you are looking at people potentially not affording heating oil, diesel for cars, electricity, etc, because they are already struggling as it is. That will in turn cause food prices to soar because food producers need fuel (farmers, transport, etc). So cost of living is through the bloody roof! Then you have how close this is all happening to us. High chance people have relations in countries boarding Ukraine that are now trying to protect boarders against potential Russian invasion. So I think the thoughts of not being able to afford to survive, and how close we are to a world war which has started relatively close to us, is causing people anxiety!

Reactions: 15
If you get priority boarding because of small children it should be for parents only. Not four adults for one baby (grandparents wait your turn)
Babies should get on the plane last. The only reason to go first is to get the overhead luggage. You want those kids on the plane for the least amount of time possible.

Babies or screaming unruly children should be allowed on "family friendly" flights only. I do not want to listen to your kid screaming not for 1 hour and certainly not for 12
Legit my kids never cry on planes and have probably been on more flights than most adults. I love giving a told you so smile at the people who have us dirty looks as we board the plane. Adults who drink too much and turn obnoxious are the ones I’d kick to a seperate flight.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Unpopular opinion, the concept of "dressing for your body" is NOT fatphobic.

Dressing for your body doesn't just apply to overweight people. It can apply to short/tall/big/small etc. Fit is a big deal when it comes to clothing.
i was going to mention similar when there was comments earlier regarding people wearing boob tubes etc
ill admit i have a wee bit of envy that i now middle age I no longer have the lovely figure of my youth so i wouldn't dare wear anything skimpy ! but really i do it because basically skin tight or short clothes look tit on overweight and fat people!
Sorry all this body positivity crap ..wear what you like no matter your body shape size sorry UO it makes a lot of people look awful...take Jonathan Ross daughter for example..she would look so much nicer in clothes that fit rather than flab hanging out of cutouts etc

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I agree
I would even go further and say fat people should not wear skimpy clothes. Skimpy and revealing clothes are for showing off a hot body. You wanna wear belly tops, hot pants an cut out dressess - then eat less and get down the gym, and earn the body to wear that stuff.
As a fat witch, I totally agree. I don't wear skimpy stuff because it would look horrendous.

Too many fat people think that it's either skimpy or frumpy, and get offended because they think people expect them to be frumpy. There's a middle ground. You can dress nicely without looking like someone's granny.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
The same way slim people can wear unflattering clothes, so can plus sized people. I do love the confidence of larger women wearing whatever they want though.

Reactions: 14
The same way slim people can wear unflattering clothes, so can plus sized people. I do love the confidence of larger women wearing whatever they want though.
Women of all sizes wear whatever they want with confidence, it doesn't mean what they are wearing suits them or looks well on them. I'm slim and know there are certain styles that look awful on me, even though I love seeing them on other people, there's no way I'd wear it just for the sake of me liking the style when it in no way suits me or my body shape. That's not me lacking confidence 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 6
Women of all sizes wear whatever they want with confidence, it doesn't mean what they are wearing suits them or looks well on them. I'm slim and know there are certain styles that look awful on me, even though I love seeing them on other people, there's no way I'd wear it just for the sake of me liking the style when it in no way suits me or my body shape. That's not me lacking confidence 🤷🏻‍♀️
Theres more ridicule when a larger woman wears something unflattering, something tight, skimpy or revealing etc.

I did say people of any size can end up wearing something unflattering. Fair fucks to them if they want to and feel confident doing it 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 5
Theres more ridicule when a larger woman wears something unflattering, something tight, skimpy or revealing etc.

I did say people of any size can end up wearing something unflattering. Fair fucks to them if they want to and feel confident doing it 🤷🏻‍♀️
Lately I don't know if there is. I see more "give her a burger" comments lately

• Wow
Reactions: 4
UO: I hate forum cliques. You're not my friend (nor foe), if I like what you say some thread doesn't mean I'll like your views always and fawn over you.
Also goes for the opposite too, if I disagree with you doesn't mean I'll disagree with you always.
This very thread is a good example. One subject I can agree wholeheartedly with a poster, next subject complete opposite. We all still manage to get along 16 threads later.

Reactions: 18
This very thread is a good example. One subject I can agree wholeheartedly with a poster, next subject complete opposite. We all still manage to get along 16 threads later.
That is why I like it here. Disagreeing with someone is alright it doesn’t descend (usually) into bunfights and nastiness.

Unlike Mumsnet there’s not a race to have the best put down. It’s grown up enough on here to have a discussion and childish enough to have a good giggle sometimes too.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
There are clothes larger ladies cannot pull off such as cut outs - strung ham springs to mind. On the same hand I think slim, smaller chested women look ridiculous in plunge style wrap dresses. I agree with whoever said wear what you love, but it doesn’t mean it looks great.

On body weight my UO is that I would prefer to be larger than skinny. I once weighed about 7 stone and was a size 8, before I hit my 30s I could eat as much as I liked, was frustrated at not being able to put weight on and I felt like a walking set of golf clubs - my body confidence was so low. I felt much better at a size 12-14.

Reactions: 12
We've done the whole fat shaming/fatphobic thing before, so I dont want to create another smelly pets/breastfeeding/trans thing 😂

• Haha
If you're vain enough and stupid enough to fly to an unregulated clinic in Turkey to have your arse injected with cement then I have no sympathy if it goes wrong.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Parents shouldn’t make their children feel bad for the fact they have to buy things for them. Throughout my childhood I can remember so many occasions when my dad would tell me how much he’s done for me like, keep a roof over my head and clothe me. I know so many people who had the same experience. I understand it’s expensive having children and there are lot of things my parents have done for me that many others don’t. However whenever they’d talk about how they would be a lot better off financially had they not had me and my sisters, I’d never understood why he’d make us feel bad for this.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
Parents shouldn’t make their children feel bad for the fact they have to buy things for them. Throughout my childhood I can remember so many occasions when my dad would tell me how much he’s done for me like, keep a roof over my head and clothe me. I know so many people who had the same experience. I understand it’s expensive having children and there are lot of things my parents have done for me that many others don’t. However whenever they’d talk about how they would be a lot better off financially had they not had me and my sisters, I’d never understood why he’d make us feel bad for this.
Totally agree. Why have them if you’re going to see them as a massive burden?

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I’ve seen Mothers Day cards on Etsy from dogs now 🤦🏽‍♀️ Do some dog owners buy these for themselves and pretend the dog wrote it? Genuine question lol
How tragic!! 🤣🤣🤣
I have dog, I also have toddlers.
Dogs are not equal to children!!!
I HATE it when people without kids try and make it out like they understand cause they have "furbabies".
IT'S NOT THE SAME THING!!!!!!!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.