Unpopular opinions #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Adults who go nuts over pancake day need to grow up. You can have them any other day of the year, it's not a law.
Being a real grown-up comes with the realisation that you can go to the shop and buy cake whenever you feel like it.

Reactions: 16
my sentiments exactly. I am kind and decent and generous and feel for any human in crisis.. But we seem to be always asked to put our hands in our pockets for other countries and our governments are taking part in other people's wars etc.. I always wonder if any other country would come to our aid should anything happen over here and I always feel like they wouldn't. I think the UK is universally hated unless you have a vested interest . we only have to look at the Eurovision voting etc.. I was speaking to someone about this very topic yesterday and citing the fact that look how long it took the US to get involved in WW2..it was practically over before they decided to help us.. I'm sure there's other examples that aren't coming to me right now

There's a lot of things we could do to stop this.. Brown belt land is not often used and also there are so many disused buildings and empty massive office blocks that could be turned into housing. Though in our area we seem to be building like mad using old department stores and even current ones. Sadly we lost our great Morrisons for a Morrisons express so they can use this for more housing.. what we need to examine is not the lack of housing but the lack of affordable housing. I don't live in an affluent area but the flats and homes that are being built around here are upwards of 300 and 400 K. I always ask the question but where will the normal people live??

if you are me your American BF was horrified that I bought mine that he taught me how to make both kinds.. for some bizarre reason it never sticks in my head. He's taught me about 5 or 6 times over the years and now I am too embarrassed to ask again
This is happening in the town I live. Every bit of spare land within town is being turnt into luxury small apartments that cost a fair amount in comparison to the average sized family home. I’ve seen house prices almost triple in the 9 years I have lived in this once quite modest Northern town. Family homes are being built on the green belt surrounding and again mainly private the ones they negotiate with the council are often given straight to refugees wether via council or bond scheme to line the pockets of property investors rather than a British family who have been overcrowded and on the list for many years. So many new homes have been added yet little change in infrastructure - no new/bigger schools, hospital remains the same, along with public transport. Refugees should rightly so be at the back of the queue.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
So many people in the UK making the Russia / Ukraine war about themselves.
Nothings happened here.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Unpopular opinion, Adele is boring as duck and her performances are mediocre at best. If you've heard one of her songs, you've practically heard them all. No Adele I won't "go easy" on you and neither should your fans.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Unpopular opinion, Adele is boring as duck and her performances are mediocre at best. If you've heard one of her songs, you've practically heard them all. No Adele I won't "go easy" on you and neither should your fans.
This 🤞🏼👏🏼
She bores the tits off me 😴

Reactions: 16
So many people in the UK making the Russia / Ukraine war about themselves.
Nothings happened here.
Colleague said he's going to boycott all Russian products 🙄. Apart from vodka I don't know of many mass produced Russian goods sold here 😜

(He hasn't abandoned anything from Chyna)

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Colleague said he's going to boycott all Russian products 🙄. Apart from vodka I don't know of many mass produced Russian goods sold here 😜

(He hasn't abandoned anything from Chyna)
In that case he should stop using fuel and gas

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I agree. Very boring woman, very dreary songs.

I feel the same way about Ed Sheeran too. Bore of a man.

Reactions: 14
Balenciaga footwear.

The most horrendous looking trainers I’ve ever seen, why do people pay good money for them?

They even have your size on the front of the shoe, why???

They are UGLY, too many people are 🐑 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Balenciaga footwear.

The most horrendous looking trainers I’ve ever seen, why do people pay good money for them?

They even have your size on the front of the shoe, why???

They are UGLY, too many people are 🐑 🤦🏼‍♀️
Those Kanye West trainers are awful to and have now started trend for really ugly knitted trainers in big space man soles.

Give me a classic trainer anyday.

Reactions: 8
Those Kanye West trainers are awful to and have now started trend for really ugly knitted trainers in big space man soles.

Give me a classic trainer anyday.
Yep the those are fugly aswell! Crazy that people think
that because something is expensive it must be good.

Not with those on your trotters it’s not 😂

Reactions: 7
Wedding vow renewals are stupid.

Wedding vows are supposed to be forever. 'Til death do us part and all that. Not " 'til we fancy another party."

I know of 2 couples planning to renew their vows this year, both in their 30s, one married less than 10 years, the other less than 5 years.

The <5 year couple had a lovely wedding, about 3 weeks before she gave birth to their baby, parents and siblings only. They didn't tell anyone else until the next day. She claimed she hadn't wanted a big wedding because it was her second marriage, she'd done the big white wedding the first time and been miserable.

Now she's planning something to rival a royal wedding. Big white dress, classic cars, the whole shebang. It's just ridiculous.

Wedding vow renewals are stupid.

Wedding vows are supposed to be forever. 'Til death do us part and all that. Not " 'til we fancy another party."

I know of 2 couples planning to renew their vows this year, both in their 30s, one married less than 10 years, the other less than 5 years.

The <5 year couple had a lovely wedding, about 3 weeks before she gave birth to their baby, parents and siblings only. They didn't tell anyone else until the next day. She claimed she hadn't wanted a big wedding because it was her second marriage, she'd done the big white wedding the first time and been miserable.

Now she's planning something to rival a royal wedding. Big white dress, classic cars, the whole shebang. It's just ridiculous.
I agree with this. We got married in October 2020, after postponing twice and it looked very different to the wedding we had planned. At the time we spoke about having a “party” at another date when it was safe to do so, but we honestly really haven’t felt the need.

We used the little money we had left to buy baby furniture (he’s 14 weeks old now!) and have a really nice holiday in Cornwall for the week.
IMO, and having been through it, the main wedding (as lovely as they are!) aren’t worth the money and I certainly wouldn’t be paying a fortune to do it again when .. like you said… vows are forever.

Reactions: 7
Said this before but Weddings are more of a display for the guests than for the actual couple themselves. However a majority of wedding guests couldn’t give a rats arse about anything other than the sausage rolls. Weddings are a waste of money - especially when you see that couple who are scrimping and saving for a deposit on a house and they manage to pluck a 20k or more wedding out of their arse!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Said this before but Weddings are more of a display for the guests than for the actual couple themselves. However a majority of wedding guests couldn’t give a rats arse about anything other than the sausage rolls. Weddings are a waste of money - especially when you see that couple who are scrimping and saving for a deposit on a house and they manage to pluck a 20k or more wedding out of their arse!
Ohhhhh yes I agree with this! I know someone that spent £10,000 on food alone. WTF?

I don’t want 100 people at my wedding and I certainly don’t want to pay for their food and drink all day no thank yooouuuu

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Renewing of vows just screams to me that there has been some infidelities. Like if not, what’s the point? Nobody else actually cares.

Renewing of vows just screams to me that there has been some infidelities. Like if not, what’s the point? Nobody else actually cares.
My husband and I considered vow renewal but only because a very close relative died immediately before our wedding (the funeral was the day before) so it was a slightly weird day. We were only going to have us and the children there though. We never got around to it and we're getting divorced now so I'm glad we didn't waste the money 😆.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
what's with girls from the UK and fake tanning? can anyone explain 😂 every influencer I follow from there looks the same, I don't know but these girls look ORANGE, how's that a good look? genuine question haha
WhatsApp Image 2022-02-27 at 19.05.44.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-02-27 at 19.04.39.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-02-27 at 19.05.18.jpeg

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.