Unpopular opinions #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is your fat ass feeling cold or hot 😂. Get rid of the husband, he can have custody of the kids, keep your dogs in another room and treat yourself to a fabric sofa 🤣
My ass is well insulated, so warm and toasty thanks 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Unpopular opinion but I hate when people wear their shoes around the house and I think you should respect other people's homes and take them off. It's un hygienic and gross otherwise. Slippers for me as soon as I get in the door.
Also people who come home and just sit in their work/school clothes. I keep seeing this mum on TikTok called Jadie, I like her content but it really annoys me how her teenager lies in bed after school in her full uniform. I’ve always come home and immediately got changed, who wants to relax wearing school/work clothes?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I agree fabric sofas are much more comfortable. I’ve never got on with leather sofas, either too hot and sticky or too cold unless you have a throw. We’ve got a suede sofa which is still technically leather but it’s much softer and comfy to sit on. It does have a few marks from the kids over the years but I’ve found most things come out of it if you get to the stain quick enough. I don’t regret it marks and all.

Reactions: 4
On one hand: I despise "antisocial architecture" and anything designed to push people to use public space a certain way. Like benches designed to discourage not just sleeping but sitting - people need to sit, especially if old, pregnant, less mobile etc and I don't care if it doesn't fit some corporation or mogul's idea of what people "should" be doing in public space

On the other: I absolutely hate having buskers, chuggers, etc forced on me in the street and I'd 1000% rather have advertising everywhere than "people should be free to create what they like!" They should be, but I don't want to have to look at it or hear it

Reactions: 9
Is anyone else getting sofa adds now.

I was gonna say, doctors always call off unknown numbers so you can't call them back. Some hospitals cones through on a number that can't receive incoming calls. It's so annoying, you just have to wait and wonder who called from the hospital, for who and why.

Our gp sytem you go online and request a call. They tell you the day they are gonna call. But they only let it ring twice then hang up. Then you can't get back through because their are 30 people in the receptionist queue. It's super frustrating and the doctor should have to go back over the list and call anyone that didn't pick up again. That's what any other organisations would do.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Pancake mix is pathetic. It's what three ingredients. You don't even need scales. How hard is it to Google.
I had no time for making pancake mix or faffing about with pre made pancake mix so I went one even lazier ...
1646135070538.png

They were beaut toasted with butter :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
We are so use to our slimy scummy politicians who do more bad than good to the country. Zelensky is a breath of fresh air and I think him staying in Ukraine has brought hope to the Ukrainian people.
I think a lot of them are returning home to fight because others have stayed to fight, I believe Ukraine will be OK ❤
Putin is bleeping scum, you're out of your bleeping mind if you think otherwise. I work with Russians, they don't want putin and he has a very low approval rate in Russia not to mention at this stage is an unelected dictator. I swear people would argue Hitler wasn't that bad a guy 🤣
I'm just gonna say Zelensky is no saint either. I think people need to educate themselves on these issues and not believe everything media tells them.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I'm not saying kids can't go as Elsa or Spiderman. Buy a shop costume if you want. But it's World BOOK Day, put in some effort with the book part...or a comic, or a magazine, just something they can read. If money is an issue, join the library.

Too many kids don't read enough, and too many parents don't encourage reading enough.
Thing is, it’s just one more non-uniform day in a school year full of non-uniform days and special events. The kids care more about wearing a fun costume to school than the reading promotion aspect of the day. Yes, the point of WBD is to promote books, but that’s lost on a bunch of six year olds, honestly.

I know it’s depressing but I don’t think any initiative will get through to certain demographics who don’t value education and treat school as a place to look after and feed their kids, nothing else.

Reactions: 7
I'm just gonna say Zelensky is no saint either. I think people need to educate themselves on these issues and not believe everything media tells them.
I actually decided to look up what he was like as a president prior to these events. Even his contraversial moments were miniscule compared to what our politicians are doing, you may have come across something I have not read though!
Either way, I admire anyone who is willing to stay and fight for freedom. Some really inspirational people in Ukraine right now, not just the president.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I actually decided to look up what he was like as a president prior to these events. Even his contraversial moments were miniscule compared to what our politicians are doing, you may have come across something I have not read though!
Either way, I admire anyone who is willing to stay and fight for freedom. Some really inspirational people in Ukraine right now, not just the president.
I mean Ukraine has been bombarding Donetsk and Lugansk for 8 years, never seen it in the news once. The truth is the West is to blame for this situation too, and it's also a war of misinformation on both sides. They are going to say what fits their narrative.

Reactions: 4
Moving away from the serious stuff; I find it really weird that people post happy birthday messages to other peoples kids on Instagram, and even more strange that the parent of the birthday child reshares it

Reactions: 12
I mean Ukraine has been bombarding Donetsk and Lugansk for 8 years, never seen it in the news once. The truth is the West is to blame for this situation too, and it's also a war of misinformation on both sides. They are going to say what fits their narrative.
I read up on the two regions, honestly it's pretty complicated and it's hard to know 'who is right'. I saw a documentary before about people who live in this region, I watched it yeaaaaars ago but that is the only bit of news/media I really saw about it.

Our media is terrible for selective reporting. Not necessarily creating fake news but 100% bias and not reporting stuff that goes against the narrative. It'll probably stop reporting on Ukraine when it stops becoming an issue for the West, as with most things they report on.

Reactions: 7
Possibly UO: I loathe selfish men who go to Ukraine looking for wives/girlfriends because they think that Ukrainian women are all beautiful and perfect housewives, etc but have no real care for her family, culture, etc. A lot of them say they want a woman who is "family oriented" yet they expect her to leave her family and move abroad with him, don't even like her family, do not want to support them in any way. Just say "I want a housewife" and leave it at that.

Of course this happens in other countries and in some cases is done by women (anyone watching the current series of 90 Day Fiancé with Ella and Johnny?) But, yeah, in this situation I wonder how many women have family suffering and homes being destroyed in Ukraine and are stuck with some selfish pig that has little to no compassion for it

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Lots of UO in my head, so I'll begin with an easy one.

Why aren't women demanding equality when fleeing from Ukraine. Why aren't they insisting that equal numbers of men should be allowed on the train.

Once again equality is only for the good things in life, and not for standing in line to be killed.

Yes, I know some women are refusing to leave without their husbands, but in most cases they are leaving.
Women don't have their voices heard in times of relative normality John, what makes you think they will be listened to when fleeing for their lives with babes in arms? Would you like them to form a human barricade until men are let onto the trains? You clearly know nothing of the confusion and horrors of times of war.

And god forbid women leave, with their babies and elderly parents. Would you like them to make a point and stay, so their children are killed and the women are raped? Sexual violence is a weapon of war - against women.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Lots of UO in my head, so I'll begin with an easy one.

Why aren't women demanding equality when fleeing from Ukraine. Why aren't they insisting that equal numbers of men should be allowed on the train.

Once again equality is only for the good things in life, and not for standing in line to be killed.

Yes, I know some women are refusing to leave without their husbands, but in most cases they are leaving.
Women generally don't start wars pal. Why should they suffer disproportionately for men's decisions in a society where they're already disadvantaged? Equality =/= participating in the same crappy decisions as men.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Their main weapons are molatov cocktails, do you really think a load of chicks would be any use at throwing bottles. It's also harder for women in the army because the weapons and packs are all designed for men's bodies.

Not everything is about equality and sexisum. Men are gonna be more useful in a fight, fact. Women can stay and figh or provide supportt if they want.

If it was here, I'd want to stay and fight (I was gonna join the army at one point) but my husband would be more useful to the army than me, so I would ultimately be the one to leave with the kids. Its just common sense.
Women are just as capable as fighting as men though. Look at the Kurdish Women's army in Syria who were a massive part in driving ISIS back.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Women are just as capable as fighting as men though. Look at the Kurdish Women's army in Syria who were a massive part in driving ISIS back.
They are, but when push comes to shove do you think a mother is going to choose to stay and fight a rich man’s war over fleeing to get her children to safety? I certainly wouldn’t.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.