Unpopular opinions #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Flat caps on guys under 60.. No you don't look cool and V Peaky Blinders... you look like a Northerner from the 1900's who's lost his whippet
I like men in flat caps, before peaky blinders. Now you've got twatty 20/30 year olds thinking their gangsta or Derek Beckham 🤢

Reactions: 4
Flat caps on guys under 60.. No you don't look cool and V Peaky Blinders... you look like a Northerner from the 1900's who's lost his whippet
Oh my god this is my husband! And he’s never even watched Peaky Blinders he’s just somehow under the illusion that flat caps are cool. I keep telling him he looks like a farmer 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Very UO: the Russian/Ukraine war is on, I feel total sadness and distress for innocents, anger at there being yet another conflict in modern times, BUT personally I'm not going to follow every news item and panic and I don't mean this dismissively, there's nothing I can I do, what will be, will be ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 15
People crying over Ukraine,

Now, I do feel bad for them, like I feel bad for the homeless people who are sleeping in their cars tonight because the lockdown has left them unemployed, but I’m not they type to waste tears on people I don’t know, not when we’ve all suffered so much in the last 2 years,
nor do I believe anyone posting about their heartbreak is either, it’s just something that makes you look good, your tears are for you and how it will impact you.

I feel like everyone cares about how it will impact them and I for one don’t blame them, and I believe we would all probably do anything to keep the refugees out of our own countries,
But it’s not socially acceptable to say that so we all just pretend we care and post online to make ourselves feel better 😏

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Been seeing a lot of Ukrainian flags on peoples profile pictures on social media. Pointless virtue signalling to make themselves look good.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
People crying over Ukraine,

Now, I do feel bad for them, like I feel bad for the homeless people who are sleeping in their cars tonight because the lockdown has left them unemployed, but I’m not they type to waste tears on people I don’t know, not when we’ve all suffered so much in the last 2 years,
nor do I believe anyone posting about their heartbreak is either, it’s just something that makes you look good, your tears are for you and how it will impact you.

I feel like everyone cares about how it will impact them and I for one don’t blame them, and I believe we would all probably do anything to keep the refugees out of our own countries,
But it’s not socially acceptable to say that so we all just pretend we care and post online to make ourselves feel better 😏
yes exactly . Every time I see a post on my IG i'm sorry but it just screams performative at me..unless i know for certain you have done something other than post on social media, then your words mean nothing

Been seeing a lot of Ukrainian flags on peoples profile pictures on social media. Pointless virtue signalling to make themselves look good.
if you do it on FB you get banned apparently according to something I read on my feed

Reactions: 7
If you change your profile photo to a flag you should automatically be charged £20 which is sent to help said country.
I guarantee if they brought that clause in Facebook would be flag free.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I feel like the flag on profile thing softens the whole thing up in peoples mind. Like it's a cutesy facebook trend going around. This is why some people are so disconnected from actual events these days.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I'm a hard old cow but have to admit I've cried a few times over the last couple of days over this. It might seem stupid to others but when I see everyday normal people queing to be given weapons and talking about what they need to do it makes me sad. Also thinking of all the animals and small children plus the men who can't leave even if they want to. And all of this because some old man probably sitting in his bunker threw a temper tantrum

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
American influencers can get in the bin, all sharing links to donate to Ukraine as if they cared when they never bat an eyelid when their beloved country invades and kills civilians.

Reactions: 19
I'm a hard old cow but have to admit I've cried a few times over the last couple of days over this. It might seem stupid to others but when I see everyday normal people queing to be given weapons and talking about what they need to do it makes me sad. Also thinking of all the animals and small children plus the men who can't leave even if they want to. And all of this because some old man probably sitting in his bunker threw a temper tantrum
Agree with this. Also I'm pregnant so the hormones probs aren't helping but I can't help worry about what tit show of a world I'm bringing a child into

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.