Unpopular opinions #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do believe that most people do find it funny but, because it's not a socially acceptable behaviour, people act all disgusted and treat it as a tabu.

I do find it funny as well btw 🤣
We had a dog who once jumped on the sofa. Whilst doing so, he let out a massive fart! We used to have another who when he farted, gave you a dirty look. It was so funny.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
We had a dog who once jumped on the sofa. Whilst doing so, he let out a massive fart! We used to have another who when he farted, gave you a dirty look. It was so funny.
I had a dog who used to let out silent stinkers then get up and walk out of the room leaving the smell behind!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Unpopular opinion but I think artificial grass looks absolutely shite and I would almost go as far as to say quite tacky in people's gardens.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
I won’t, only about 000.3% of what I donate will get there, most will go on the celebs fees.
I don't and won't ever donate to Children In Need after my dad who was a Headmaster told me he had heard of a school in his area where they used money they had received from them to do up the staff room with a microwave etc. Tell me how this is helping children in need

I do believe that most people do find it funny but, because it's not a socially acceptable behaviour, people act all disgusted and treat it as a tabu.

I do find it funny as well btw 🤣
nope it's disgusting and uncouth.. can someone explain what makes it amusing?

Reactions: 9
I don't and won't ever donate to Children In Need after my dad who was a Headmaster told me he had heard of a school in his area where they used money they had received from them to do up the staff room with a microwave etc. Tell me how this is helping children in need

nope it's disgusting and uncouth.. can someone explain what makes it amusing?
I know of a school that raises money that was matched by the lotto charity for a new swimming pool. When the money came through they used it on a new cafeteria. But there was no way what they did would have cost the same as an indoor swimming pool with changing facilities.

This might be an UO but in my opinion anything thats funded through chairtys or tax is full of back handers and embezzlement. Town councils and schools are the worst.

Reactions: 16
I know of a school that raises money that was matched by the lotto charity for a new swimming pool. When the money came through they used it on a new cafeteria. But there was no way what they did would have cost the same as an indoor swimming pool with changing facilities.

This might be an UO but in my opinion anything thats funded through chairtys or tax is full of back handers and embezzlement. Town councils and schools are the worst.
It's like all these people collecting for Ukraine. it's worrying as so many are corrupt and also individuals collecting.. During covid, there was a local person collecting lots of things from an amazon wish list for our Hospital the hospital never got it and their own wishlist didn't collect much because this other one was shared everywhere every day.

All my local groups have lots of different appeals . I bet not much will get to where its needed.

Reactions: 10
Okay... I first read this UO as taking a sh*t actually in public, like in a park or something, and was like, that's a bit extreme!:oops:

But if you mean in a public loo then I'm 100% with you!
Oh god, that's how I read it too! Thank you for clarifying 😂 😂

Back to the UOs...a lot of the current unofficial 'fundraising for Ukraine' will either end up lining the pockets of those supposedly collecting, or z(in terms of goods donated) not end up anywhere near the Ukraine. Just on our local FB groups there are at least 5 people independent of each other volunteering to collect donated items or receive cash donations...

Reactions: 8
Oh god, that's how I read it too! Thank you for clarifying 😂 😂

Back to the UOs...a lot of the current unofficial 'fundraising for Ukraine' will either end up lining the pockets of those supposedly collecting, or z(in terms of goods donated) not end up anywhere near the Ukraine. Just on our local FB groups there are at least 5 people independent of each other volunteering to collect donated items or receive cash donations...
Yep same, now imagine that all over the UK and around the world.

Reactions: 5
It's like all these people collecting for Ukraine. it's worrying as so many are corrupt and also individuals collecting.. During covid, there was a local person collecting lots of things from an amazon wish list for our Hospital the hospital never got it and their own wishlist didn't collect much because this other one was shared everywhere every day.

All my local groups have lots of different appeals . I bet not much will get to where its needed.
This reminds me of a while back when there was a woman on TikTok called Debbie who was trying to raise money for her medical transition after claiming she needed this money immediately and was desperate as her gender dysphoria was really bad. However, it turns out she had multiple gofundmes asking for hundreds of thousands of dollars all together and, as pointed out by another trans American woman, medical transitions are covered by insurance and would never cost as much as she was asking for. It turns out this money was to fund her Beverley Hills apartment and other expenses and she took everyone for fools. What made it worse was she would be really rude to commenters who’d wish her well or comment for engagement, saying their comments aren’t going to help and they should actually give her money. Thankfully gofundme do refunds, but it just goes to show how easy it can be to make people think you’re desperate, only to blindside them. Especially on social media where people believe everything they see.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
The GoFundMes generally don't sit well with me, because so many are dodgy! There's a thread on here about fatgirlfedup, a weight loss account where. -if you believe what she says- she originally lost about 300lb through diet and exercise. Since then she's put quite a bit back on and after being very quiet on her social media for a while (and not addressing her gain at all) she suddenly popped up -or allegedly her husband did posting on her behalf -saying she was seriously ill and they had no medical insurance and had a $150k hospital bill. Next thing a GoFundMe was set up...then they were saying she needed a kidney transplant 😯🙄 whole thing is dodgy as hell but I think she ended up getting over $100k very quickly through the GFM. I think a lot of people just rush to donate without much thought.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I think GoFundMe should be shut down, it’s full of scammers, beggars and illness fakers.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I think GoFundMe should be shut down, it’s full of scammers, beggars and illness fakers.
IDK if anyone here has read any of my gripes before but the guy in NYC i know is now over in London. He's been to the theatre 8 times .. so far... had a bespoke dinner at Dinner at Heston Blumenthal, afternoon tea with champagne at the Savoy(looked it up its £90), a trip to Northampton. I heavily suspect he hasn't once put his hand in his pocket so this has all been at the expense of the person he's staying with who apparently is Finance Director for a private hospital ( so they are definitely raking it in on a disgusting level as she's been doing all this too)

Meanwhile I fully expect his BS kickstarter/venmo /whatever else he's doing to beg to start the second he gets back.. this is mere days after hes like on FB begging for help to pay his rent etc.. I am sick to death of the entitlement.. where do people get the idea that it's ok to expect someone else to fund a lavish lifestyle? I almost choked on my value ramen seeing some of his checkins... People disgust me they really do

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
IDK if anyone here has read any of my gripes before but the guy in NYC i know is now over in London. He's been to the theatre 8 times .. so far... had a bespoke dinner at Dinner at Heston Blumenthal, afternoon tea with champagne at the Savoy(looked it up its £90), a trip to Northampton. I heavily suspect he hasn't once put his hand in his pocket so this has all been at the expense of the person he's staying with who apparently is Finance Director for a private hospital ( so they are definitely raking it in on a disgusting level as she's been doing all this too)

Meanwhile I fully expect his BS kickstarter/venmo /whatever else he's doing to beg to start the second he gets back.. this is mere days after hes like on FB begging for help to pay his rent etc.. I am sick to death of the entitlement.. where do people get the idea that it's ok to expect someone else to fund a lavish lifestyle? I almost choked on my value ramen seeing some of his checkins... People disgust me they really do
Has anyone notified any of his donors about his activities, funded by their money? I’d be livid if I donated to what I thought was a charitable cause, only to discover it was being pocketed by someone with no moral compass.

Reactions: 6
Has anyone notified any of his donors about his activities, funded by their money? I’d be livid if I donated to what I thought was a charitable cause, only to discover it was being pocketed by someone with no moral compass.
I'm not sure admittedly but as he does a lot of his begging on FB where he's also posted his London activity I suspect if anyone there has been fool enough to give him any money they might have seen. Pus I suspect said Finance Director has been one of the main donors.. she defo sent him a big box of stuff for his birthday that looked about several feet high on which the postage alone must have been astronomical (cost me 10 quid to post a tiny light box to Sweden recently for comparison) I know I got the gist of his grifting on there after I'd see posts in my feed about how he struggles for rent and groceries interspersed with posts where he bought dolls, cushions, booze and expensive joints of meat and baked cakes etc.. it's the damn inconsistency too. He's rabid about mask wearing and Covid and rants regularly on the subject to the point of tedium but he's been maskless hugging and kissing people all this week.

I have just checked his fb to see what's going on her and I am disgusted to see he is claiming to be hard of hearing to get disabled access discounts at UK theaters- something I didn't even know existed - doesnt seem to affect the tone deaf karaoke he did the other day or the continual tip jar rattling singing piano playing streams he does..

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 3
I'm not sure admittedly but as he does a lot of his begging on FB where he's also posted his London activity I suspect if anyone there has been fool enough to give him any money they might have seen. Pus I suspect said Finance Director has been one of the main donors.. she defo sent him a big box of stuff for his birthday that looked about several feet high on which the postage alone must have been astronomical (cost me 10 quid to post a tiny light box to Sweden recently for comparison) I know I got the gist of his grifting on there after I'd see posts in my feed about how he struggles for rent and groceries interspersed with posts where he bought dolls, cushions, booze and expensive joints of meat and baked cakes etc.. it's the damn inconsistency too. He's rabid about mask wearing and Covid and rants regularly on the subject to the point of tedium but he's been maskless hugging and kissing people all this week.

I have just checked his fb to see what's going on her and I am disgusted to see he is claiming to be hard of hearing to get disabled access discounts at UK theaters- something I didn't even know existed - doesnt seem to affect the tone deaf karaoke he did the other day or the continual tip jar rattling singing piano playing streams he does..
Obviously completely amoral. Karma will bite him on the arse in due course.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Unpopular opinion but I think artificial grass looks absolutely shite and I would almost go as far as to say quite tacky in people's gardens.
I agree and I’ve got it! My garden is the size of a postage stamp since the husband built his man shed so it made sense to have it. But if I had a proper decent sized garden I’d keep a lawn.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.