Unpopular opinions #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
UO: Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift, Imagine Dragons, Mumford and Sons, Bastille, Dua Lipa and Adele are all tit and people that exclusively listen to whatever is on the charts baffle me immensely. Especially when they listen to it really quietly and it sounds super tinny. Would rather hear someone take a dump, not even joking
Don't you dare insult Imagine Dragons. Witch be gone!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Unpopular opinion. I think way more people have a drinking problem than we realise. I used to work in a convenience store of a major supermarket. And you wouldn't believe the amount of people who drink excessive amounts daily and think it's normal.
I agree. I try to have two to three glasses of wine a week because it's supposed to be healthier than not drinking (to the point where some health insurers charge more if you do not drink at all) but I only do it on set days because I worry that social drinking would cause me to lose control

It reminds me of a French anti drinking campaign where a charity created a fake influencer on Instagram and posted as "her" for several months and then revealed that in every one of her pictures (including at home, etc) she was drinking, which would put her far beyond healthy limits but none of her followers ever noticed because they were so used to seeing it as normal

a lot of chav parents want their kids to have something wrong with them for the extra benefits and support they get offered.

adults like a label because it makes them quirky and unique.

nowadays if you don’t have a mental illness or your not gay/bi/a man trapped in a woman’s body or visa versa
Your boring.
Stupid isn't it. Because I'd give anything to be boring and normal and not suffer with anxiety and panic disorder. Knock on wood the last 3 months I've not had either

Reactions: 12
Unpopular opinion. I think way more people have a drinking problem than we realise. I used to work in a convenience store of a major supermarket. And you wouldn't believe the amount of people who drink excessive amounts daily and think it's normal.
I was talking to my flatmate the other day about how i don't think there's anyone I know in America who drinks well not in the close circle of my sober partner and he said he doesn't think he knows anyone who doesn't drink. There's a whole discussion there in itself..

Reactions: 1
UO: White chocolate and orange flavoured chocolate are absolutely rancid.
White chocolate isn’t chocolate. It just tastes of solidified fat and probably is.

- I can tolerate a milky bar, providing it is in button form though, but any other white chocolate is foul.

Reactions: 6
I was talking to my flatmate the other day about how i don't think there's anyone I know in America who drinks well not in the close circle of my sober partner and he said he doesn't think he knows anyone who doesn't drink. There's a whole discussion there in itself..
Don't know anyone that drinks! That does not compute. Pretty much all social events revolve around drinking. You get the odd T totaller who is usually religious or an alcoholic, but to not know anyone that drinks. Weird.

Reactions: 4
Don't know anyone that drinks! That does not compute. Pretty much all social events revolve around drinking. You get the odd T totaller who is usually religious or an alcoholic, but to not know anyone that drinks. Weird.
I think you misread my post.. In America I don't know anyone who drinks. in the UK i and my flatmate don't know anyone who doesnt drink in the UK and he thinks i am weird for wanting to give up for various reasons. You can actually go to a social event and not drink alcohol. "Other beverages are available" I don't think there is anything religious or alcoholic about most of the people I know in America who doesn't drink alcohol - none of them are religious and and only a couple of people say that they had a drink problem before they gave up.

If anything else doesn't compute feel free to ask away... happy to clear up

Reactions: 3
McDonald’s happy meal toys are tit now compared to when I was a child, they seem to be mostly made of cardboard and it barely lasts 5 minutes. Bring back the plastic tat, at least it lasted longer than the cardboard tat.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I think you misread my post.. In America I don't know anyone who drinks. in the UK i and my flatmate don't know anyone who doesnt drink in the UK and he thinks i am weird for wanting to give up for various reasons. You can actually go to a social event and not drink alcohol. "Other beverages are available" I don't think there is anything religious or alcoholic about most of the people I know in America who doesn't drink alcohol - none of them are religious and and only a couple of people say that they had a drink problem before they gave up.

If you have more than 2 glasses of wine in America they want to do an intervention! 😜

Seriously though, my husband doesn't drink at all. Hasn't had a drink in about 30 years. He did occasionally when he was younger but says he just doesn't like it. My daughter hasn't had a drink for about 16 months. Again, she said she just doesn't like it and only previously had a drink as it was expected when going out with her friends.

I make up for both of them :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
everyone needs a label these days to fit in. Its like girls who can’t be tom boys or boys can’t just want to play with dolls, they are ‘non binary’ or trans.

i’m with you on the people who just label. I was in this line of work so i have seen first hand parents who are keen to get an autism diagnosis because their kids aren’t acting in a way they think they should be.
Someone I know is desperate for that label but really she’s a lazy mother. She lets him run riot and doesn’t even attempt to discipline him because “he’s autistic” despite never having seen a doctor. She’d rather be on her phone 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 7

No, I got that you were saying no one you knew in the us drinks. I still think it's weird.

Yes there are other drinks available, but they're pretty pointless. Who wants to sit sipping orange juice all night.

I can understand that some people don't drink often. But to never drink just because, it's strange to me. No champagne at celebrations, no nulled wine in the winter, no wine with a meal, no beer at a festival.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
I work with a guy who never drinks. He says he doesn’t like the taste. I think he’s an alcoholic and therefore can’t drink. I don’t understand ‘doesn’t like the taste’ beer taste completely different to champagne

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I can understand that some people don't drink often. But to never drink just because, it's strange to me. No champagne at celebrations, no nulled wine in the winter, no wine with a meal, no beer at a festival.
I don’t drink because I don’t like the feeling of being drunk. I also have horrendous stomach cramps, the runs, headaches and hot sweats after alcohol. I just don’t like it.

I’m confident enough to not drink and still enjoy nights out just as much as the people who do drink. Alcohol is not the be all and end all of social events.

I don’t have a problem with people who do drink. & I never question them on why they do. But so many people question me on my reasons for not drinking. I find that strange.

People who find non-drinkers strange, are actually the strange ones. We’re just loving life on our OJ’s we don’t give a duck who drinks or not.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I work with a guy who never drinks. He says he doesn’t like the taste. I think he’s an alcoholic and therefore can’t drink. I don’t understand ‘doesn’t like the taste’ beer taste completely different to champagne
Are you basing that on anything other than the fact you don't understand someone just doesn't like it?

Reactions: 16
Make it make sense?!?! I don't like the taste of alcohol and I might have ONE drink a year, normally for Xmas day or NY eve. How do you get to we must be alcoholics?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Isn’t it odd that if someone says they don’t smoke no one questions it, but if they say they don’t drink it’s viewed as weird? Alcohol is arguably every bit as bad for the health as tobacco but in the UK at least it feels almost obligatory.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Make it make sense?!?! I don't like the taste of alcohol and I might have ONE drink a year, normally for Xmas day or NY eve. How do you get to we must be alcoholics?
In fairness the OP didn't say that anyone who doesn't drink is an alcoholic. She said that she thinks that about a particular person she works with

Reactions: 1
Coffee.
It’s vile and stinks.
Coffee shops are over priced and they stink.
Tiramisu is minging.

I’m actually jealous because some cups of coffee look lovely and I see the enjoyment on peoples faces when they drink it, but nope, sorry, it stinks 😷

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Coffee.
It’s vile and stinks.
Tiramisu is minging.

I’m actually jealous because some cups of coffee look lovely and I see the enjoyment on peoples faces when they drink it, but nope, sorry, it stinks 😷
hahahah I completely disagree on everything, except on the over priced part. That is true.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Coffee.
It’s vile and stinks.
Tiramisu is minging.

You need to see your ENT asap. Clearly something wrong with your nose!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.