Unpopular opinions #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s been a while.

Get in the bleeping bin with your passive aggressive use of emojis, you bleeping don’t want to thumbs me up or hug me you daft cow, you’re being salty….
Less sodium please.

the peace sign and kiss face should come with a case of herpes as punishment

What a weird thing to say, why do you think that you need to know? If you had been close to the person or their family you'd know anyway.
Have some respect for people's privacy.
i bleeping need to know I’m nosey!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Oh yes agree with that too. If I’m going somewhere that hands out crayons to kids and has chicken nuggets on the menu can’t complain about kids actually being there.
Yeah. If you rock up at Pizza Express at 5pm on a Saturday afternoon you have to be prepared to be in kid central.

As for adult only flights, if you've ever had the misfortune to be on an early morning flight with a stag group on their way to Malaga, you'll take crying kids anytime.

I have had many more meals ruined due to over loud obnoxious drunks than children
I had an experience just before lockdown of being in quite an expensive restaurant and there was a group of about 8 adults who were being really loud and obnoxious. They were obviously spending a fortune because there were loads of bottles of wine and booze on the table but they dominated the whole restaurant. They seem to get louder every 10 minutes. You could see that other customers were not happy. The management did nothing even though we complained. Actually, they offered us a free desert but by then we all just wanted to leave.

I hope that group were regulars because we were also a party of 6 and non of us have been back since.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
I think a lot of the thread titles that get voted in are crap and the trite rhymes that people vote for make me cringe sometimes. I think the current Mrs. Hinch thread with no title looks good and sometimes we just shouldn't bother.

The fact that I've never won a thread title when I suggest one may factor in to this opinion.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I think a lot of the thread titles that get voted in are crap and the trite rhymes that people vote for make me cringe sometimes. I think the current Mrs. Hinch thread with no title looks good and sometimes we just shouldn't bother.

The fact that I've never won a thread title when I suggest one may factor in to this opinion.
I take it personally when my thread titles arent picked 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 7

I prefer the Jack Monroe thread title to the rhyming ones everyone seems to do - they're usually a mixture of just funny quotes from people on the thread, or stupid tit Jack has tweeted that's funny out of context. Way better than the forced rhymes!

Reactions: 15
The "oversized" trend is ridiculous and makes everyone look frumpy. I can't wait for it to die.
These awful oversize glasses frames that people are buying now. Even worse when they take a close-up mugshot while wearing them,and post it online- they look like the bloody shop frontage to Debenhams, or something

I prefer the Jack Monroe thread title to the rhyming ones everyone seems to do - they're usually a mixture of just funny quotes from people on the thread, or stupid tit Jack has tweeted that's funny out of context. Way better than the forced rhymes!
Same here! I sometimes try and think of something but give up because it will end up going to "Influencer #32 Ipp Dip Doo Doggy Did a Poo"

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Nando’s.
Never been, never want to, just don’t understand the hype?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Someone on The Royal Family thread took it upon themselves to start a new thread and gave it a title. It had never had a title before just a number.

The problem with that is that the thread is a very mixed bag and the thread title is not particularly complimentary about the Royal Family. Some threads should be left neutral.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Yeah. If you rock up at Pizza Express at 5pm on a Saturday afternoon you have to be prepared to be in kid central.

As for adult only flights, if you've ever had the misfortune to be on an early morning flight with a stag group on their way to Malaga, you'll take crying kids any time
That reminds me of the Inbetweeners movie. I think they're Burnley football fans chanting throughout the whole flight and transfer.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Nando’s.
Over priced. You’re not missing much.

The "oversized" trend is ridiculous and makes everyone look frumpy. I can't wait for it to die.
TOTALLY agree. I also think those looongggg ass coats look ridiculous. Puffy black long coats. Saw one on an advert online, £100!! f that!

Reactions: 5

TOTALLY agree. I also think those looongggg ass coats look ridiculous. Puffy black long coats. Saw one on an advert online, £100!! f that!
When you say long do you mean coats that cover you up until your feet? Because I bleeping love my long coat. I’m such a wimp in “bad weather” that I need to be covered otherwise I will complain all the way walking the dogs

Reactions: 4
Outside of stations, filter coffee prices have increased from 99p to £1.25 in May 2021, and now to £1.40. It is 10p a cup cheaper due to lower operating costs outside of transport hubs.

It has left some loyal customers outraged. One Twitter user said: 'Pret's filter coffee going from 99p to £1.40 has emotionally damaged me beyond repair.'

Could always make coffee at home? 🤪
Those are the types of people I would love to throw boiling coffee in their face 😑

I'm owning up to having one of those coats I love it 😂 hides all my bumps and lumps and mum tum lol

• Haha
Reactions: 3
When you say long do you mean coats that cover you up until your feet? Because I bleeping love my long coat. I’m such a wimp in “bad weather” that I need to be covered otherwise I will complain all the way walking the dogs
I mean the new trend of puffy long slightly chavvy coats. Most “cool” people under the age of 25 seem to have them along with extreme fake tan and those fluffy eyebrows

• Haha
Nando’s.
I quite like it for when I want to have a meal out but want to stick to relatively healthy food. It is expensive for what is it though.

I do find it weird though when people say they don't understand the hype or they don't like something but they've never tried it. Like when people say they dont like a TV show despite never even seeing one episode

Reactions: 10
I absolutely HATED Hamilton! I tried twice because everyone was bleating on and on about it but nah… load of shite (excerpt “Burn” by Philippa Soo, that was nice). I definitely think a lot of celebs felt the need to praise it because of the woke, PC bandwagon

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.