Unpopular opinions #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All those contouring techniques come from drag. It looks great in a photo but in real life they look like they have mud smeared all over face.
I had a trial done at a department store for a wedding (I was a bridesmaid) with contouring. It looked OK when they showed me so I happily left it on and swanned around town shopping etc. I did get a few looks which made me a bit paranoid but even the young guy in the cafe literally laughing out loud when he saw me didn't ring any major alarm bells. I'd seen my face, I looked OK, better than normal, I could pull off confident.

I got home, looked in the mirror and promptly died. I quite literally had orangey brown stripes all over my face in big thick grease pen.

They didn't get the wedding gig thank goodness and I can now laugh as I picture the lad in the cafe's face but ahhh man the cringe was real at the time.

• Haha
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I had a trial done at a department store for a wedding (I was a bridesmaid) with contouring. It looked OK when they showed me so I happily left it on and swanned around town shopping etc. I did get a few looks which made me a bit paranoid but even the young guy in the cafe literally laughing out loud when he saw me didn't ring any major alarm bells. I'd seen my face, I looked OK, better than normal, I could pull off confident.

I got home, looked in the mirror and promptly died. I quite literally had orangey brown stripes all over my face in big thick grease pen.

They didn't get the wedding gig thank goodness and I can now laugh as I picture the lad in the cafe's face but ahhh man the cringe was real at the time.
This happened to me too! And it cost me a small fortune... I could have achieved the same effect striping my face with a neopolitan choc ice 😕

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I got foundation matched by the Dior stand in a department store. It looked amazing when she showed me in the mirror. Spent £50 on that foundation as I wanted a really nice one and to treat myself. As soon as I was outside in the natural light I looked like an oompa-loompa. 🤣

UO - Never get your makeup done in a department store. The lighting inside is always tit, and they will make you look like tit! (Well maybe this is more advice and not an opinion).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Zelensky is an actor and the majority of images and videos we are being shown actually happened a few years ago .
Putin is not evil
All of what we are being told is not true
I wouldn't say he's not evil, but so is every other Western country and nobody seems to care.

Reactions: 6
We are so use to our slimy scummy politicians who do more bad than good to the country. Zelensky is a breath of fresh air and I think him staying in Ukraine has brought hope to the Ukrainian people.
I think a lot of them are returning home to fight because others have stayed to fight, I believe Ukraine will be OK ❤
Putin is bleeping scum, you're out of your bleeping mind if you think otherwise. I work with Russians, they don't want putin and he has a very low approval rate in Russia not to mention at this stage is an unelected dictator. I swear people would argue Hitler wasn't that bad a guy 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Lots of UO in my head, so I'll begin with an easy one.

Why aren't women demanding equality when fleeing from Ukraine. Why aren't they insisting that equal numbers of men should be allowed on the train.

Once again equality is only for the good things in life, and not for standing in line to be killed.

Yes, I know some women are refusing to leave without their husbands, but in most cases they are leaving.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
We are so use to our slimy scummy politicians who do more bad than good to the country. Zelensky is a breath of fresh air and I think him staying in Ukraine has brought hope to the Ukrainian people.
I think a lot of them are returning home to fight because others have stayed to fight, I believe Ukraine will be OK ❤
Putin is bleeping scum, you're out of your bleeping mind if you think otherwise. I work with Russians, they don't want putin and he has a very low approval rate in Russia not to mention at this stage is an unelected dictator. I swear people would argue Hitler wasn't that bad a guy 🤣
You can't speak for all Russians because you know some, I live in an area that belive the Torys can do no wrong. I moved from an area where Labour ruled.
I don't believe any of them,

I certainly would not believe in anything that was being pushed so hard by all media.

• Sick
Reactions: 5
You can't speak for all Russians because you know some, I live in an area that belive the Torys can do no wrong. I moved from an area where Labour ruled.
I don't believe any of them,

I certainly would not believe in anything that was being pushed so hard by all media.
Trust me I 100% do not believe everything I read/hear. I think our media's biggest problem is what they fail to report, selective reporting.
Putin was popular in Russia for a time and obviously still has some support. I didn't speak for all Russians, I was referring to the Russians I work with which admittedly isn't the whole country but they aren't happy with this situation nor were they happy before this all kicked off.
Edit: the Russian I work with are based in Russia, we are partners with a Russian company so it isn't just 1 or 2 Russians living in my country.

Why aren't women demanding equality when fleeing from Ukraine. Why aren't they insisting that equal numbers of men should be allowed on the train.

Once again equality is only for the good things in life, and not for standing in line to be killed.

Yes, I know some women are refusing to leave without their husbands, but in most cases they are leaving.
A lot of women are staying to fight too!
I do not know about the sex ratio on the trains but I think when people are fleaing a country I doubt gender equality is on their minds 😅
I think now men of a fighting age aren't actually allowed to leave Ukraine.
Have you seen the African students not being let on trains over Ukrainians and also being turned away/sent to the back of the que at the polish border? Some people are saying it's fake news but I don't think it is.

Last edited:

Why should it be up to women to demand equality for men?

• Heart
Reactions: 23

All of the footage I’ve seen of women they mostly have children, are currently pregnant, or have elderly relatives with them.

Reactions: 18
The leaders of Australia, New Zealand and Canada are a bigger concern to me and the future of humans than putin.
As per thread I expect posts in disagreement but also per thread I won't be arguing the finer points. It's just an opinion dump ✋

• Haha
  • Wow
Trust me I 100% do not believe everything I read/hear. I think our media's biggest problem is what they fail to report, selective reporting.
Putin was popular in Russia for a time and obviously still has some support. I didn't speak for all Russians, I was referring to the Russians I work with which admittedly isn't the whole country but they aren't happy with this situation nor were they happy before this all kicked off.
Edit: the Russian I work with are based in Russia, we are partners with a Russian company so it isn't just 1 or 2 Russians living in my country.

A lot of women are staying to fight too!
I do not know about the sex ratio on the trains but I think when people are fleaing a country I doubt gender equality is on their minds 😅
I think now men of a fighting age aren't actually allowed to leave Ukraine.
Have you seen the African students not being let on trains over Ukrainians and also being turned away/sent to the back of the que at the polish border? Some people are saying it's fake news but I don't think it is.
As I mentioned previously I am of south indian origin, and there are a lot of South Indian students there, in the first two days many were turned back at border, but the latest news is that they are a bit more lenient now.

All of the footage I’ve seen of women they mostly have children, are currently pregnant, or have elderly relatives with them.
They were not virgin births, the kids could just as easily leave with their fathers.

Why should it be up to women to demand equality for men?
Same reason why men should demand equal rights for women.

• Angry
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
As I mentioned previously I am of south indian origin, and there are a lot of South Indian students there, in the first two days many were turned back at border, but the latest news is that they are a bit more lenient now.

They were not virgin births, the kids could just as easily leave with their fathers.

Same reason why men should demand equal rights for women.
I saw that too! Some people are arguing it was a citizenship issue, which I can believe to an extent.
This is a huge generalisation but Eastern European men tend to be quite macho and I would say the men of Ukraine would be embarrassed to leave with children and leave the women behind.

Reactions: 3
I saw that too! Some people are arguing it was a citizenship issue, which I can believe to an extent.
This is a huge generalisation but Eastern European men tend to be quite macho and I would say the men of Ukraine would be embarrassed to leave with children and leave the women behind.
Anyone who wants to leave should be able to.

Most of the Indian students are medical students. In a war situation does anyone really look at citizenship.

Anyway latest is they are being let thru the Polish border with some restrictions.

Reactions: 4
World Book Day costumes should be backed up with a book.

Your kid wants to go as a Disney Princess or Marvel character? Fine, if they've got a book with that Princess or Marvel character in that they can take in on the day. The whole point of the day is to encourage kids to be interested in reading and books, not for them to dress up as a film character.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
The leaders of Australia, New Zealand and Canada are a bigger concern to me and the future of humans than putin.
As per thread I expect posts in disagreement but also per thread I won't be arguing the finer points. It's just an opinion dump ✋
I know where you're coming from with this, different levels of questionable leadership.
I suppose the threat of Putin is obvious, what's going on in CA, Aus & NZ is more of a subtle danger/road going somewhere bad.

Reactions: 2
Anyone who wants to leave should be able to.

Most of the Indian students are medical students. In a war situation does anyone really look at citizenship.

Anyway latest is they are being let thru the Polish border with some restrictions.
Ya I think it's fucked up that they are forcing the men to stay.

Reactions: 3
As I understood it they won't let men 18-60 leave in case they are needed to fight. Whether that's morally right is a whole other issue (I would agree that anyone who wants to leave should be able to) but it's true that Ukraine has a very patriarchal culture where they view women as existing to have babies etc thus not suited for fighting/should be protecting children

Reactions: 7
[

Those make up counter girls are the worst. Every time I see them doing somones make up they look awful, thick brown foundation, bright unflattering lipstick. What ever happened to less is more.

When I was young makeup was supposed to enhance your beauty, now it's like a full mask desginged to make you look like a different person. They probably have to wear all the fake tan to match their orange contoured faces.

Reactions: 15
Equality doesn’t mean ignoring the fact women are smaller and weaker than men, and vulnerable to rape and sexual assault by enemy soldiers.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.