Unpopular opinions #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Ukraine/ Russia conflict is not your own personal tragedy to constantly beat your chest over.

Reactions: 16
People crying over Ukraine,

Now, I do feel bad for them, like I feel bad for the homeless people who are sleeping in their cars tonight because the lockdown has left them unemployed, but I’m not they type to waste tears on people I don’t know, not when we’ve all suffered so much in the last 2 years,
nor do I believe anyone posting about their heartbreak is either, it’s just something that makes you look good, your tears are for you and how it will impact you.

I feel like everyone cares about how it will impact them and I for one don’t blame them, and I believe we would all probably do anything to keep the refugees out of our own countries,
But it’s not socially acceptable to say that so we all just pretend we care and post online to make ourselves feel better 😏
Yep. I have sympathy but on the other hand I'm also thinking how many Refugees we going to be forced to take 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 5
Yep. I have sympathy but on the other hand I'm also thinking how many Refugees we going to be forced to take 🤷‍♀️
I absolutely hate how full this country feels sometimes with the constant building of small new builds, we just feel all packed in a tiny space. However, if we were invaded and needed to escape, I would hope another country would take us in so I think it’s only right we do the same.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I absolutely hate how full this country feels sometimes with the constant building of small new builds, we just feel all packed in a tiny space. However, if we were invaded and needed to escape, I would hope another country would take us in so I think it’s only right we do the same.
I don’t think another country would.

This country is far too small to be taking in more refugees. There is way too many homeless and green belt land being built on to accommodate. Though I am sure Ukrainians would be more compatible with the UK than the last influxes of “refugees” we have had over the past couple of decades.

Reactions: 14
On Pancake day the pancakes should ALWAYS be the thin crepe-type ones. If you're having thick American style ones then you're doing it wrong.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
On Pancake day the pancakes should ALWAYS be the thin crepe-type ones. If you're having thick American style ones then you're doing it wrong.
And if you come at me with your protein powder pancake mix, kindly bag up your tit and leave. There is no place for you on Pancake Day!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I do proper thick Scottish pancakes (aka dropped scones).

I tried making the thin ones but they were crepe.
I don't care how nice they are, you're a wrong un! Thin pancakes only on Pancake day!

Bravo on the pun though 😂😂😂

And if you come at me with your protein powder pancake mix, kindly bag up your tit and leave. There is no place for you on Pancake Day!
Yes! And I'm adding Slimming World "they're just like the real thing" 🤥🤥🤥 oat pancakes to the list. Take your head out your arse and eat some proper pancakes.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Adults who go nuts over pancake day need to grow up. You can have them any other day of the year, it's not a law.

• Haha
Reactions: 28

This country is far too small to be taking in more refugees. There is way too many homeless and green belt land being built on to accommodate. Though I am sure Ukrainians would be more compatible with the UK than the last influxes of “refugees” we have had over the past couple of decades.
my sentiments exactly. I am kind and decent and generous and feel for any human in crisis.. But we seem to be always asked to put our hands in our pockets for other countries and our governments are taking part in other people's wars etc.. I always wonder if any other country would come to our aid should anything happen over here and I always feel like they wouldn't. I think the UK is universally hated unless you have a vested interest . we only have to look at the Eurovision voting etc.. I was speaking to someone about this very topic yesterday and citing the fact that look how long it took the US to get involved in WW2..it was practically over before they decided to help us.. I'm sure there's other examples that aren't coming to me right now

This country is far too small to be taking in more refugees. There is way too many homeless and green belt land being built on to accommodate.
There's a lot of things we could do to stop this.. Brown belt land is not often used and also there are so many disused buildings and empty massive office blocks that could be turned into housing. Though in our area we seem to be building like mad using old department stores and even current ones. Sadly we lost our great Morrisons for a Morrisons express so they can use this for more housing.. what we need to examine is not the lack of housing but the lack of affordable housing. I don't live in an affluent area but the flats and homes that are being built around here are upwards of 300 and 400 K. I always ask the question but where will the normal people live??

if you are me your American BF was horrified that I bought mine that he taught me how to make both kinds.. for some bizarre reason it never sticks in my head. He's taught me about 5 or 6 times over the years and now I am too embarrassed to ask again

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.