Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I changed tables in a restaurant because there were rowdy kids at next table. Husband was embarrassed but we were paying a babysitter to look after our kids, who we quite like. I wasn’t going to spend my Friday evening sitting next to loud Other People’s Kids who I definitely don’t like. I’m not a fan of OPKs even when they’re well behaved 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33

Blue Rose

VIP Member
Parents shouldn’t make their children feel bad for the fact they have to buy things for them. Throughout my childhood I can remember so many occasions when my dad would tell me how much he’s done for me like, keep a roof over my head and clothe me. I know so many people who had the same experience. I understand it’s expensive having children and there are lot of things my parents have done for me that many others don’t. However whenever they’d talk about how they would be a lot better off financially had they not had me and my sisters, I’d never understood why he’d make us feel bad for this.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 32

justheretoread99

VIP Member
I
only cancer crohn's disease and cystic fibrosis in my life, one dead as a child due to the latter, and a stroke that left a family member paralysed, and a few mental health issues 😐
Granted that cancer, chron’s & CF are all physical illnesses. (Sad to read re: the childhood death)

But, BPD & EUPD are mental illnesses that sit under the ‘Cluster B’ umbrella of personality disorders. People with these types of disorders struggle to regulate their feelings which leads to patterns of behaviours others describe as dramatic, unpredictable and disturbing.

Most people with a Cluster B disorder will have suffered some kind of trauma, neglect or abandonment as children. Which leads to the development of the disorder.

Not all people with BPD/EUPD are simply just a bitch. And people who are simply just bitches don’t always have personality disorders. (Most of the time they don’t) Mental illnesses are complex, so to suggest they aren’t real illnesses sadly invalidates the real sufferers.

I know this is the unpopular opinion thread (& most of the time it’s a laugh) but it’s really sad to see such stigma and ignorance around mental health.

• Heart
Zelensky is an actor and the majority of images and videos we are being shown actually happened a few years ago .
Putin is not evil
All of what we are being told is not true
Putin, we see right through you. You're not the first person trying to infiltrate Tattle :LOL:

• Haha

justheretoread99

VIP Member
I can understand that some people don't drink often. But to never drink just because, it's strange to me. No champagne at celebrations, no nulled wine in the winter, no wine with a meal, no beer at a festival.
I don’t drink because I don’t like the feeling of being drunk. I also have horrendous stomach cramps, the runs, headaches and hot sweats after alcohol. I just don’t like it.

I’m confident enough to not drink and still enjoy nights out just as much as the people who do drink. Alcohol is not the be all and end all of social events.

I don’t have a problem with people who do drink. & I never question them on why they do. But so many people question me on my reasons for not drinking. I find that strange.

People who find non-drinkers strange, are actually the strange ones. We’re just loving life on our OJ’s we don’t give a fuck who drinks or not.

• Heart

DiscoBiscuit

VIP Member
While I was dropping my dressed-as-a-penguin kid off at school this morning, a Mum on the playground announced that her kid was the only one in his uniform because "he dunt read so what's the point?"

These are 5 and 6 year olds. If your kid "dunt read" then it's up to you to encourage them to do so. These are the kids World Book Day is most important for.

This also brings me onto another opinion. It's about time this trend of "who can be the slackest parent" died off. It seems like if you make no effort with your kids it's seen as something funny, whilst those who do make an effort are labelled as smug. It's all backwards.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Babies or screaming unruly children should be allowed on "family friendly" flights only. I do not want to listen to your kid screaming not for 1 hour and certainly not for 12

• Haha
  • Heart

Rainbow1

VIP Member
Am I the only Woman that doesn’t give a hoot that’s it’s ‘International Woman’s Day’ 🤷‍♀️

BattleAxing

VIP Member
Trans should not be included in “international womens day”. If they want a day, they can make one of their own. Doesn’t mean I will acknowledge it though.

Hang on, don’t they get an entire month of Pride!? Where we all have to suffer rainbows shoved up our arses? They need to pipe the hell down.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Sea

VIP Member
UO: I hate forum cliques. You're not my friend (nor foe), if I like what you say some thread doesn't mean I'll like your views always and fawn over you.
Also goes for the opposite too, if I disagree with you doesn't mean I'll disagree with you always.

• Heart

thegirlscout

VIP Member
International Women’s Day shouldn’t be about trans women. So fed up of everything being ‘but what about the trans women’.
Equally men who scoff and say ‘what about international men’s day?’ and get angry for Jess Phillips for reading out the names of murdered women in parliament. I dunno, maybe you could campaign with your local MP to have the list of men killed in DV read out in November? Maybe you could get off your arse and actually do something instead of expecting women to do it for you.

• Heart

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I think tattle is a bit obsessed with Trans in general (not saying there's not issues etc)

I've just noticed it always seems to find its way into other threads and every unpopular opinion thread so far
because it’s the one topic or “movement” that’s AGGRESSIVELY forced down your neck on every other platform around.
Sarah Everards murder, what community poped up to say they experience worse.
But it’s similar to BLM, say anything negative and you’re “racist/homophobic”

• Heart

Not_another_flogger

My UO is that people can kindly fuck off condemning others for shopping in the likes of Penneys (or Primark for those of u not from Ireland 😅) because of fast fashion. The majority of clothes I buy, even from these cheaper stores, I keep and rewear for years! Not everyone can afford to buy from expensive boutiques and to wear items of clothing only once!

• Heart

Jesus

We are so use to our slimy scummy politicians who do more bad than good to the country. Zelensky is a breath of fresh air and I think him staying in Ukraine has brought hope to the Ukrainian people.
I think a lot of them are returning home to fight because others have stayed to fight, I believe Ukraine will be OK ❤
Putin is fucking scum, you're out of your fucking mind if you think otherwise. I work with Russians, they don't want putin and he has a very low approval rate in Russia not to mention at this stage is an unelected dictator. I swear people would argue Hitler wasn't that bad a guy 🤣

• Heart