Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Cloff

VIP Member
I was thinking about Miguel and how little time he got but realised it’s because she simply doesn’t remember the Miguel we know. The one she saw on the train was very casual “hey you” and she almost seemed a bit surprised to see him. So it could’ve been Miguel before he moved to Houston.

I then thought about that amazing Billy Joel song that they used in Miguel’s episode. It’s not a sad song about losing a loved one. It’s a sad song full of regret about being in a one sided relationship and I guess in the end, that was how it was for Miguel ….. just to add more tragedy to his story!!

• Heart
Reactions: 17

a.pain

VIP Member
I cried all the way through Rebecca's episode, even though i think miguel's was better executed really (the editing, music, acting, writing, relative lack of schmaltz). I think it's just hitting me that these characters and stories i've invested in for literally years are drawing to an end. I thought some of the messages were a bit heavy handed and wasnt crazy about the train analogy but tbf they've built that up for a long time with the flashbacks to her childhood and the caboose thing, so kudos for that, it was a bit of nice payoff.

I also thought grownup deja and malik and even annie really resembled the child actors! So that was OK with me.

Not ready for next week at all....

oh but i also thought not including Kyle was a shame, he has totally been overlooked in the series. What if young Jack had met young Rebecca at the end with little kyle? ohh my heart...
I saw a comment on fb about how it would be bloody typical as a woman to spend your life raising triplets and then as soon as you pass and earn your eternal rest you get handed a newborn

• Haha
Reactions: 15

Fiona18

I cried the most when Beth went in and told Rebecca she would take Randall the rest of the way. As a mother myself that hit me hard.

Reactions: 15

Bol85

VIP Member
No, I agree re-Kevin & Sophie. I thought I didn’t like them but I realised actually, I just don’t care about them. I have zero emotional connection to their story! They haven’t shown enough for me to get invested. They tried enough times to make it work that it seems unrealistic really. But mostly, I just don’t care 😂

I’m so excited for Miguel’s story. I love him & Rebecca. Took me a while but over the show, I’ve grown to love him. He’s the nicest character, he was tear jerkingly kind to Jack when they were young. He looked after Rebecca and the kids at their biggest time of need. He lets his own kids treat him like shit because he loves them. And he loves Rebecca, plain as day.

Im clearly over invested 😂

Reactions: 14

petitspois

VIP Member
Omg that was emotional, I’m glad Kate made it. Shame there wasn’t more Jack in it!

also not sure what the point was in the story with the other family who had a car crash?
I'll put it in a spoiler just in case ....

I took it to show how life can change in an instant, to see the bigger picture of life and death and how some good always comes from bad (to quote Jack). The son, Marcus, was badly injured and the Dad had a chat with Jack in the waiting room. Jack then went on to unexpectedly die but the boy grew up to be a brilliant scientist in Alzheimer's research. A real life example of good coming from bad.

I did initially think Miguel had been shafted but, if you think about it, Rebecca has dementia so is remembering a time before she was ill. That's why she recognises her children more when they are kids on the train as opposed to adults.

(

Last edited:

BonBon27

VIP Member
No spoilers but how amazing is the lad who plays baby Jack?? They seriously need to give him all the awards!
Loved past Rebecca in this episode 🤣 And Beth, as always, cracking her jokes and being lovely!

• Heart

Mrcooper

Chatty Member
I do feel like Miguel will somehow die before Rebecca and Kate will have to make the decision.

Speaking of that… there’s no way she would have chosen Kate in the real world. She would have chosen Randall.

• Sad

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
Enjoyed the last episode. It was nice but to me it didn’t really feel like a finale…. It would have been nice to have seen small insights into the future - like Deja & Malik with the baby boy and Randal as a grandfather, and older Kevin & Sophie with adult children - just something a bit more. It ended just with Jack & young Randal making eye contact. It just felt a bit unfinished for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Lollypad

VIP Member
I love This is Us! I get a bit bored on Jack flashbacks (like the war bits) and I didn’t find any of the early Nicky story interesting, so season 3 was a low point for me. But season four was back up on top, Beth is an absolute queen, love Randall most of the time. Kevin has had some great growth, and I like Kate when she’s not being whiny - I’m really pleased she accepted baby Jack’s condition and just got on with it rather than moping.

Reactions: 13

a.pain

VIP Member
Ok so I’m finished. Crying floods. I thought it was brilliant and I think the other family’s storyline did add to it, it’s always been the shows’s style to add in seemingly unrelated or loosely related characters that end up showing us something, how ordinary people live these extraordinary lives that impact us all in different ways, like a pp said we are all connected. Made perfect sense to me, the pearsons never knew about that family yet they lived their lives by words said to them by jack on his dying night.
The waiting for someone being Kate not jack- beautiful.

Beth’s goodbye to Rebecca was moving, when she told her she would ‘take him the rest of the way’

I would have liked a bigger reference to baby Kyle but not sure how that could have been done nicely.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

disneys

VIP Member
Yes exactly this, at different times of our life we are different from what we were before. I remember the episode when Miguel departed to go to Texas after Kevin was abysmally unkind, he couldn’t explain to Rebecca why he was going. One of the siblings (can’t remember which one) reported later that day “that she’s still up in her bedroom, where she’s been crying all day”. So yes, a second great love, whatever anyone else may think Miguel loved her, possibly the only person in his whole life he did love who loved him in return.
And he cared for her almost until his dying day , even on days when she didn’t remember him or asked about Jack , that’s a selfless kind of love .

I think it would be a disservice to Miguel if she reunited with Jack but not with him

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
I thought it was a very lovely episode.

The storyline with Marcus & his family was there to
Draw a parallel between them and the Pearsons. Jack died that night and Marcus lived; Marcus then went on to work in medicine and find drugs to help those with Alzheimer’s. It’s showing how interconnected we all are; even when we don’t know it.

I hate that they have changed out the actors playing Deja & Malik. They could have kept the same actors and just aged them both up. There was always a great on screen chemistry between the actors playing Deja & Randal which has been lost now with the new woman playing Deja.

• Heart

imsohungry

It was such a highly anticipated episode it was always going to be a mixed bag.

Two things I love about the contrast of Rebecca death in contrast to Jacks for The Big 3.

Firstly was that they had time to come to terms with it and process it and be there with her compared to Jacks where it was sudden and unexpected and he died alone

And also that Rebecca waited for Kate. Could you imagine if Kate had guilt associated to both parents deaths? She obviously already believes (wrongly so) that she’s the cause of jacks death so imagine if she had to live with guilt for missing Rebecca’s passing too.

I love the train. I was really nervous about them doing an afterlife/meeting Jack scenario as I wasn’t sure how they’d navigate religion (especially since I don’t believe the Pearsons are religious?) but I thought that was great. Completely inclusive of different beliefs and religions.

I love that it wasn’t some cheesy “bright white light” scenario.

• Heart

Cloff

VIP Member
Just to add to a @Petitpois ‘ points
Jack told Marcus’ dad about life giving you lemons. That became their family catchphrase which motivated Marcus to keep going when he was upset in the restaurant about his funding being halted.

He then went on to develop a drug for Alzheimer’s - potentially one that gave Rebecca more time.

It shows that all lives are interconnected somehow and things happen for the greater good. It’s actually a beautiful way to look at life

I will never get over Miguel though 😂

I’m also SO invested in Malik and Deja! I feel they almost need a spin off! Hopefully we’ll know more next week

Hattieliz

I thought the same. It's too close to the end to dedicated a whole episode to Kevin and his love life, in my opinion at least.
I have to disagree. It’s the end of the show so we needed to know who Kevin ended up with, it’s been a main part of his storyline throughout.

I also am totally in love with him so more Kevin the better haha!!

Reactions: 11