Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

megsmagoo

VIP Member
To me it wouldn’t have added to the story to have Kyle included, if anything it would have been a bit strange, he isn’t really referred to throughout the show

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Mooordgirl

VIP Member
Baby Jack is adorable.

I thought Randall should have gotten himself and Kevin out of Toby and Kates argument, rather than stepping into it.

Beth is an absolute gem!

Drunk Rebecca was great 🍹

Marilyn345

VIP Member
It’s a bit deep but I like the idea that Rebecca can have two great loves. One was snatched away from her but that doesn’t make the other less great. The right person at the right time for her.
Yes exactly this, at different times of our life we are different from what we were before. I remember the episode when Miguel departed to go to Texas after Kevin was abysmally unkind, he couldn’t explain to Rebecca why he was going. One of the siblings (can’t remember which one) reported later that day “that she’s still up in her bedroom, where she’s been crying all day”. So yes, a second great love, whatever anyone else may think Miguel loved her, possibly the only person in his whole life he did love who loved him in return.

• Heart

Belulah

VIP Member
I think the adoption storyline is a bit far fetched. There’s no way that someone unhealthy with morbid obesity and with a very young child with extra needs would be approved to adopt.
My friend is adopting and she is a size 14 and she is having to diet to meet eligibility. I wondered if it was different in America.

• Wow

disneys

VIP Member
I loved that episode

Kate did bug me though and I am usually a Kate fan ! I thought she was wrong for completely pooping on the day that Toby had spent time and money planning , I thought that was kind of mean . I also don’t think she should have talked to him about old Toby , lest we forget that Toby was terribly depressed and a lot of the things she said she loved about him were coping mechanisms for his depression !

I think Toby was wrong springing the house on her and also wrong not telling her about the LA job , but by perusing a new job herself without talking to Toby first makes her look like a huge hypocrite

I love this show and how realistic s it is - no fault in this marriage breakdown lies solely with one of them . They’ve both just evolved and don’t really fit together anymore .. they say you either grow together or grow apart and the latter has happened here

blueberriesarenice

The ending song (billy Joel) was so perfect. Ughh that last flashback to Miguel and Rebecca, him as a boy, speaking Spanish. And the parts before that which I don’t know how to put under a spoiler but especially the part with Kevin and m’s son in Puerto Rico. I watched it again and cried again!

• Heart
Reactions: 10

blueberriesarenice

I can’t believe they really went there with the presidential thing but tbf they did kind of set it up with young Randall saying to the policeman he wanted to run for president someday. I just personally found Randall really self centred and pompous throughout the series so I wasn’t rooting for him that much but then tbf I felt like that a bit about Kevin’s never ending love life issues too! The big 3 def needed to get over themselves but I love Jack and Rebecca so much and I love that the series ends with them really as much as it first started with them. I SOBBED when they were laying on the bed together at the end omg! that being said, I felt like Miguel’s was the standout episode of this season. It was just so well crafted and had the biggest emotional punch for me. It was very memorable. What a great series all round. Never seen anything like it, so clever and emotional.

Cloff

VIP Member
! I’m furious! They did Miguel so dirty - he got less time with her than the doctor?? He should’ve been the one guiding her through the train.

She also completely forgot about baby Kyle

It was okay - I think I really overhyped it in my mind! I shed more tears at Adam Sandler dying in Click!

• Sad

clt1992

Chatty Member
Does anyone else watch this?

It’s my absolute favourite show at the moment, I hope the UK get season 5 soon after the US I hate having to wait so long for us to get the new seasons!

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
What ends are we left to tie up now?

I feel like a lot of the storylines have now been brought full circle. We know who Kevin ends up with, we know how Kate & Tony ended up, we know what happens to Miguel, we know Randall and Beth are ok, Uncle Nicky is happy…. We’ve already flashed forward to seeing baby Jack as an adult/happy with a baby of his own and incredible music career so I feel like that’s completed. The only outstanding thing I can think of is

- what happens to Deja/Tess & Annie (as we have seen Deja in medical school and we know she’s pregnant in the flash forward)

I think the last episode is going to be a huge flash forward to us seeing baby Jack/Deja/Tess/Annie/Kevin’s kids - basically the next generation of the Pearsons - all as older adults with their own kids/family - showing how family just goes on and on long after the original ones have gone?

I hope we see more young Jack & Rebecca with the big 3 as babies/little kids. I liked the storylines set in the 70s and 80s

Lollypad

VIP Member
I love This is Us but I don’t feel like that episode gave me anything? I’ve never wondered what happened to Jack’s Mum, I’d much rather know how Rebecca and Miguel got together…

disneys

VIP Member
Wow , it’s over ! 🥹

I really liked that ! It didn’t make me bawl like last week but I tested up at the end when Rebecca squeezed Jack’s hand . Randall’s reaction to having a grandson was adorable and so sweet , and I did like it a lot . Agree with other posters who said it was Randall-centric . Would have loved a bit more with adult Kevin & Kate too .

For those who didn’t understand the deep fried Oreo (and please if you are American correct me if I am wrong but this is how I interpreted it) - Iowa is where the presidential nomination race starts . There is a caucus in each state where who is going to run for president for each party is decieded and the Iowa caucus is the first one . Randall’s “people” want to send him to the Iowa state fair to get him known there (and trysome deep fried oreos !) and see how well he fares with locals . He said to K&K that he was talking it over with Beth about whether it was the right next move , and I guess “deep fried Oreo’s” was their code for “running for presidential candidacy” , if that makes sense ?

nice to see Jack also had a child when he grew up too - I don’t think we knew that before !

Loved the nod to William too . The fact Deja saying she didn’t know him but knew him because of Randall tied so nicely to what Jack said to Rebecca about death in the caboose !

Overall a good series finale , Mandy Moore was right when she said it felt like a hug !

Gillybean42

VIP Member
Well I’ve just the watched the finale and I have to say I’m disappointed. It focused too much on Randall and I think it was unnecessary to go back to the past again. A jump to the future would have been better imo.
A fantastic show, just a shit ending I thought lol

• Heart

Quite Contrary

VIP Member
Arghhhh I am massively Kate to the thread… I’ve binge watched it all in 2 months, done S6 in 10 days and just finished The Train in time for season finale… I am a broken woman 😭😭😭😭😭 I feel like I’ll need this chat afterwards ❤💔❤💔❤💔 I’m so not ready for it to end!

• Sad
  • Heart

scot_nursey003

Oh my god that episode broke me. I feel like it made you reflect on life and marriage and getting old in general, it’s made me feel so sad!

Happyvalley

VIP Member
I think the best parts of the show were the earlier seasons with William in, loved him and felt like we were getting more of a story.

Bol85

VIP Member
I LOVE Rebecca & Miguel almost as much as Rebecca & Jack. I’m obsessed with Miguel, he’s a brilliant character. I can’t wait to see their story ❤

I think Jack being on a pedestal is purposefully like that. The only information we have on Jack is through memories of his loved ones. When someone dies, we tend to rose tint their memories and that’s what we see with Jack. Whereas the characters that are still alive are shown as flawed in both past & present because the memories are more real and raw.

I’ll be heartbroken when this show ends. It’s just brilliant. I could lose Randall though. He’s SO annoying 😩

BonBon27

VIP Member
I loved it. I cried loads. Thought it was really well done, and very emotional. I did feel a bit bad for Miguel but I think it was appropriate that he got his own episode, which was lovely, and we saw how much Rebecca needed him when she was older. The train Rebecca needed Jack.
Having lost my mum to cancer a few years ago and having been called to be with her at the end I found it really heartbreaking but strangely comforting 💔😭
And I love William and Beth. Always my favourites.

• Heart
I think my problem with Randall is that he doesn’t recognise his own privilege. Yes it must have been unbelievably difficult growing up as a black child in a white family, and yes Kevin was a bit of a shit to him but he had parents who loves him beyond measure, an excellent education that gave him lots of opportunities, a wife who loves him unconditionally and lets him follow his every whim even to her own detriment, beautiful girls who look up to him, and he was able to forge a very loving and close relationship with his biological father before his death and still he never happy with his lot.

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
I think Kate is being kind of unreasonable…. Toby moved to work in San F because he lost his job during covid. He’s got a better job now, more money but also more prospects/he feels valued etc, you can see that he’s been telling everyone there all about Kate & the kids, and he’s spent time planning the weekend for her. He’s trying to build them a life and she’s just shitting all over it.