Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lilliepad

VIP Member
Miguel just wanted to drink wine!!!

The fact that Mandy Moore plays so many different age points so well is a credit to her. I listened to her first album while doing my dishes in tribute 🤣 mad to think that teeny bopper is this accomplished actress now

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I find Randall a bit tricky , I think he has a bit of a superiority complex now and thinks he has moral superiority over his siblings .. I found the episode where Kevin and him had that weird day where they came to terms with Randall’s race a bit weird .. it just felt very preachy .. Kevin was trying and Randall was so dismissive

I don’t know , I do like him and find him funny and love how he is with the girls but I just hate when he interacts with Kate and Kevin .. it just feels so weird now which it didn’t used to
I think Randall’s dismissal of Kevin was representative of how white people who think they’re not racist still are on some level without realising. That was my take on it. Even people who try to do the right thing still get it wrong. It’s a difficult topic. I felt hurt on both Kevin’s behalf and Randall’s while watching.

I have an adopted sister who is a different race to me and it was sort of relatable.

• Heart

scot_nursey003

Agree with what a lot of people are saying - I wish they’d ditch the flashbacks! I used to enjoy them in the earlier series, but just feel they add so little to the overall story now and are getting quite boring. (Apart from the odd episode like Laurel’s story - really enjoyed that ep.)

Would love to see more of Kate and Toby’s marriage unravelling, and some more flash forwards. It would’ve been good if in this series the “present day” were the flashbacks providing the basis for all of the flash forwards.
Also generally more Nicky time!!

Bol85

VIP Member
You can have more than one ‘true love’. Surely we are not 16 & believing it’s one real love only like the movies? Love is love. It’s not some magical power. It’s an emotion you can feel more multiple people. If you lose someone tragically early, you can go on to have love just as wonderful as the first. Of course you can. You don’t stop loving the person who is gone but your heart can love infinitely. I love my children & my husband beyond words. There is room & then some for them all.

Back to the show, I really hope they don’t do a heaven sequence. It would be so horribly cheesy!

• Heart

Cloff

VIP Member
Yes she was happy when younger and with Jack and younger children, she was also happy with Miguel in different circumstances and in a different way. I really liked the Miguel moment on the train and still can’t decide if we were seeing them as before they ever got together, I don’t actually mind not knowing, all I know it is it would have been an awful shame if her relationship with Miguel was shown as ‘inferior’ to that she had with Jack. She was 80 when she died, 32 years after Jack’s death, who’s to know when she was at her happiest, I would say she certainly got more support from Miguel, Jack was a wonderful father but at times I felt he fell under the St Jack status which so many think he was. When was she happiest .. didn’t know, I actually think it’s not particularly important to know, ultimately it transpired Rebecca was the absolute core of the show so I just enjoyed my journey via her.
Oh god - Jack was SO high and mighty - I was so relieved he was hardly in this season and when he was, actually showing him to be a bit of a bellend (sleeping through Rebecca’s sleepless nights and being nasty about her hair)

But then at the end! The ultimate achievement for Saint Jack - indirectly inventing a cure for Alzheimer’s!

• Haha
  • Heart

Happyvalley

VIP Member
I think the whole Kate and Toby situation is being played out quite well…you can literally see and feel their relationship unravelling and them drifting apart. You can really feel how over the whole Pearson clan Toby is.

Love finding out more about Miguel and Rebecca.

Cloff

VIP Member
I just joined one on the back of you saying this and I’m already feeling like I can’t continue with the comments. People thought that Kate at the end with her firefly in a jar was Kyle 🤪
Omg those groups are hilarious! The questions they ask are always covered in the episode! They just don’t pay attention.

I commented on one post saying that I thought it was a bit odd that Toby was there as he had moved on and probably never saw Rebecca since the divorce. This guy replied calling me an idiot and he was the father of her grandchildren so of course they had a relationship!

My Dad hasn’t seen my Nan since I was 5 but okay mate!

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Lollypad

VIP Member
Also, don’t get me wrong Jack comes across as a great man and a great father, and it’s clear that his death was not only tragic but a formative experience for the whole family. However they (particularly Kate) make Jack out to be the greatest human to ever exist and it feels a bit unfair on Rebecca really, who had to rebuild her whole life and her children’s lives. Just feel like they sometimes do Rebecca a bit dirty.

Love the series, just want to know:
- how Miguel and Rebecca actually got together
- if Malik is still in the picture and the father of Deja’s future baby
- if Madison and Kevin end up together

Yellow_brick_road

Chatty Member
I think it was that his drugs have given Rebecca longer than she would have had and Jack inspired their family and he lost his life while they were saving the young boys. I thought it was a lovely episode. X

like the previous poster said it was very Randal centric, but truly loved his reaction to hearing he was having a grandson. My family had a similar situation and it was genuine and heartfelt like when it happened to us.

I’ve had a love hate relationship with the whole show. The self centric behaviours of the characters at times really irritated me. But it was a nice ending. I didn’t find it as gut wrenching as some previous episodes though. I found Miguel dying sadder then rebecca, I thought they really did him good in that episode.

Lilliepad

VIP Member
Am I dead inside if I admit I wasn’t moved by Kevin and Sophie? I just don’t care about him lol he was a little shit as a kid, self involved as a teenager and didn’t seem to really think much further than his next move as an adult.

I understand why Randall grates on people but he’s just trying to be super present for his family, something he wasn’t afforded as a kid. He’s just annoying with it lol.

Looking forward to seeing Miguel’s story. Thought him and Rebecca were weird at the beginning, but appreciated him standing up for her with his kids, especially as it appeared he was divorced long before their relationship started.

Barbs89

Chatty Member
I feel like my vision has been clouded after being told about Kate and Toby and now every episode I’m looking out for it, and they’re making it really obvious. So that’s kinda ruining it all about for me.

• Sad

BonBon27

VIP Member
I’ve seen the final episode so PLEASE don’t read this until you’ve seen it (unless you’re someone who loves spoilers; then you crack on!)

I liked it. Simple, covered a nice day with the younger Pearsons, not too emotional at the funeral as I think we went through more than enough of that last week! I cried at William and at Rebecca and Jack together on the train at the end. I did however have one little complaint - thought it was a bit Randall-centric. I used to love him, then he really annoyed me for a while, now I’m indifferent to him but it does annoy me when they make out that he’s the main one for having feelings and missing the parents. Plus Deja is not the only grandkid. But other than that, I thought it was a nice way to end it all. Uncle Nicky was a bit of comic relief, Toby had a cute moment and Beth was her usual legend Beth self!

Gillybean42

VIP Member
Its been bugging me for weeks and I only just got round to googling but I just couldn’t figure out where I had seen Philip before! He was a teacher on Waterloo Road! I was surprised I think I just didn’t expect someone from there to end up on a hit American series lol but good for him!

Its been bugging me for weeks and I only just got round to googling but I just couldn’t figure out where I had seen Philip before! He was a teacher on Waterloo Road! I was surprised I think I just didn’t expect someone from there to end up on a hit American series lol but good for him!
Ok I just looked properly and he’s been in loads of stuff, not just Waterloo road 😂 I’ll just get my coat!

• Haha

Happyvalley

VIP Member
I was against this because I thought so cliche and I don’t feel we have seen enough of her to care, but in this episode I could feel the chemistry so I’ve warmed to it. Hope Kevin can finally be happy with his lot.

Can’t wait for Miguel’s episode ❤

I’m feeling sad it’s all coming to an end, this programme got me through the first lockdown.

• Heart

imsohungry

Y’all need to join the Facebook groups for this show. People act like the characters are actually friends and families - it’s wild how heated people get 😂

If you go in there and say “I don’t think Sophie is Kevin’s soul mate” you cause a riot 😂😂😂

• Haha