This Is Us

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How did Deja's son meet Jack, was he also a time traveller 😂 Marcus was nothing to do with Deja, I think they did edit it to look as though he was the father as she said he was always working then switched to Marcus working but it was just to keep you guessing the connection.
Yes and it was a clever twist! I immediately felt sad thinking oh no deja and malik didn’t last but was sceptical the whole way through as I knew they’d put a twist in somewhere 😂

Reactions: 2
Yes and it was a clever twist! I immediately felt sad thinking oh no deja and malik didn’t last but was sceptical the whole way through as I knew they’d put a twist in somewhere 😂
Yes! And then the tears came AGAIN. Suing this series for emotional damage.

Reactions: 1
Just watching it now and I'm already crying 😢

Side note I don't like how Kate looks when older. I can't pin point it but she looks so weird 🤣

Just watching it now and I'm already crying 😢

Side note I don't like how Kate looks when older. I can't pin point it but she looks so weird 🤣
I thought Kate looked awful in the scene when she was on the plane on FaceTime with the boys and when she arrived to see Rebecca off. The actress looks bigger than ever and it’s really showing on her face.

Reactions: 3
I loved it, but I’d have had the littlest versions of the big 3 on the bed with Rebecca and Jack as she fell asleep.
Didnt actually destroy me as much as Miguel’s did though! Really nicely done.
And so pleased Deja and Malik made it 😭

I cried all the way through Rebecca's episode, even though i think miguel's was better executed really (the editing, music, acting, writing, relative lack of schmaltz). I think it's just hitting me that these characters and stories i've invested in for literally years are drawing to an end. I thought some of the messages were a bit heavy handed and wasnt crazy about the train analogy but tbf they've built that up for a long time with the flashbacks to her childhood and the caboose thing, so kudos for that, it was a bit of nice payoff.

I also thought grownup deja and malik and even annie really resembled the child actors! So that was OK with me.

Not ready for next week at all....

oh but i also thought not including Kyle was a shame, he has totally been overlooked in the series. What if young Jack had met young Rebecca at the end with little kyle? ohh my heart...

Reactions: 5
I thought Kate looked awful in the scene when she was on the plane on FaceTime with the boys and when she arrived to see Rebecca off. The actress looks bigger than ever and it’s really showing on her face.
I think they've done something with her hairline that really didn't help the shape of her face. I don't even think it makes her look older, she e just looks really weird.

Anyway I finished it. Whilst I did enjoy it and really liked how it shows that we all are connected in some way or another. I think I built it up more in my head 😂 I love the idea that we're all on this train journey of life but I just felt like something was missing. I've still given myself a headache from crying 🤣

Hate that they changed the characters, Deja kinda resembled the younger version. But Annie was like a whole different person

I quite liked it. The train thing and thought the last scene was lovely with Jack. I wish he was in it more though. The bit with Kate made me quite sad. I’m glad she got there. Agree with the above poster that said it could’ve been a good finale episode if it was a bit longer

Reactions: 4
I don’t like to say it but my partner watched it with me this week and he hasn’t watched it for a few years and he commented on how much weight she had put on

I don’t like to say it but my partner watched it with me this week and he hasn’t watched it for a few years and he commented on how much weight she had put on
Agree. I’m not trying to be rude but the fat under her chin is crazy. Definitely put weight on.

I think something must have been done with Kate's cheeks as her eyebrows were superlifted.

I cried all the way through Rebecca's episode, even though i think miguel's was better executed really (the editing, music, acting, writing, relative lack of schmaltz). I think it's just hitting me that these characters and stories i've invested in for literally years are drawing to an end. I thought some of the messages were a bit heavy handed and wasnt crazy about the train analogy but tbf they've built that up for a long time with the flashbacks to her childhood and the caboose thing, so kudos for that, it was a bit of nice payoff.

I also thought grownup deja and malik and even annie really resembled the child actors! So that was OK with me.

Not ready for next week at all....

oh but i also thought not including Kyle was a shame, he has totally been overlooked in the series. What if young Jack had met young Rebecca at the end with little kyle? ohh my heart...
I saw a comment on fb about how it would be bloody typical as a woman to spend your life raising triplets and then as soon as you pass and earn your eternal rest you get handed a newborn

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I saw a comment on fb about how it would be bloody typical as a woman to spend your life raising triplets and then as soon as you pass and earn your eternal rest you get handed a newborn
Hahahaha … I love that !

Lol I hadn’t thought of that but so true! Probably one of the more intelligent fb comments!

Some wild theories along with the Malik/Marcus confusion. Second screenshot shows exactly what I was thinking, hate to bring race into it but I actually think some of these people just can’t tell the difference between two black men who look vaguely similar
This makes no sense to me, the adult malik was played by a different person, so of course they can't tell the difference. Personally, I knew Marcus wasn't malik when people called him Marcus 🤣🤣 it was deliberately misleading, and has nothing to do with being racist!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
This makes no sense to me, the adult malik was played by a different person, so of course they can't tell the difference. Personally, I knew Marcus wasn't malik when people called him Marcus 🤣🤣 it was deliberately misleading, and has nothing to do with being racist!
Yes, I get that initially we were led to think this but there were people who watched the whole episode thinking the two different actors (grown up Marcus, and grown up Malik) were the same person, and using all kinds of crap to explain their thinking ranging from ‘I heard deja say Marcus was the dad when talking to Randall!’ (Didn’t happen) to ‘maybe Marcus is his given name and he just goes by Malik’
But to be fair these people are probably just stupid rather than racist, and that’s why they confuse nelson Mandela with Morgan freeman or Lenny Henry with ainsley Harriot

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I’m going to be honest…

I thought the guys in the car crash were Deja, husband and kids. I also thought the dad was seeing Jack as a ghost 😂😂😂😂
But then it all made sense as I went on to watch it, and I feel no shame in what I thought about Jack being a ghost and Kate being dead 😂