This Is Us

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ok so I’m finished. Crying floods. I thought it was brilliant and I think the other family’s storyline did add to it, it’s always been the shows’s style to add in seemingly unrelated or loosely related characters that end up showing us something, how ordinary people live these extraordinary lives that impact us all in different ways, like a pp said we are all connected. Made perfect sense to me, the pearsons never knew about that family yet they lived their lives by words said to them by jack on his dying night.
The waiting for someone being Kate not jack- beautiful.

Beth’s goodbye to Rebecca was moving, when she told her she would ‘take him the rest of the way’

I would have liked a bigger reference to baby Kyle but not sure how that could have been done nicely.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I was thinking about Miguel and how little time he got but realised it’s because she simply doesn’t remember the Miguel we know. The one she saw on the train was very casual “hey you” and she almost seemed a bit surprised to see him. So it could’ve been Miguel before he moved to Houston.

I then thought about that amazing Billy Joel song that they used in Miguel’s episode. It’s not a sad song about losing a loved one. It’s a sad song full of regret about being in a one sided relationship and I guess in the end, that was how it was for Miguel ….. just to add more tragedy to his story!!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I cried the most when Beth went in and told Rebecca she would take Randall the rest of the way. As a mother myself that hit me hard.

Reactions: 15
I completely take onboard and get what lots of you have said about Miguel… but I still feel he was robbed 😂 I like him so much more than Jack.

Reactions: 4
I was thinking about Miguel and how little time he got but realised it’s because she simply doesn’t remember the Miguel we know. The one she saw on the train was very casual “hey you” and she almost seemed a bit surprised to see him. So it could’ve been Miguel before he moved to Houston.

I then thought about that amazing Billy Joel song that they used in Miguel’s episode. It’s not a sad song about losing a loved one. It’s a sad song full of regret about being in a one sided relationship and I guess in the end, that was how it was for Miguel ….. just to add more tragedy to his story!!
Yeah, that's it. She even looked a bit confused when he said she was his favourite person. I reckon she was seeing herself when the kids were about 10 so he was just Jack's friend.

I joined a This is Us fb group and its hilarious. The amount of people that thought Marcus was Malik, that didn't get that Rebecca was waiting for Kate and almost everyone is gutted that a grown up Kyle wasn't waiting for her at the end.

Reactions: 5
I completely take onboard and get what lots of you have said about Miguel… but I still feel he was robbed 😂 I like him so much more than Jack.
I agree . I understand why they did it and I know he got his own full episode a few weeks ago but it did feel a bit sad for him

Yeah, that's it. She even looked a bit confused when he said she was his favourite person. I reckon she was seeing herself when the kids were about 10 so he was just Jack's friend.

I joined a This is Us fb group and its hilarious. The amount of people that thought Marcus was Malik, that didn't get that Rebecca was waiting for Kate and almost everyone is gutted that a grown up Kyle wasn't waiting for her at the end.
I saw comments to a FB article about it and so many didn’t understand the relevance of the Marcus storyline … I actually thought it was nice and didn’t take away from Rebecca’s death whatsoever .. it made me feel more at peace with Jack’s death to be honest !

At first I thought Marcus was someone’s other half - either Deja or Annie - but I liked the way it played out

Reactions: 7
I agree . I understand why they did it and I know he got his own full episode a few weeks ago but it did feel a bit sad for him

I saw comments to a FB article about it and so many didn’t understand the relevance of the Marcus storyline … I actually thought it was nice and didn’t take away from Rebecca’s death whatsoever .. it made me feel more at peace with Jack’s death to be honest !

At first I thought Marcus was someone’s other half - either Deja or Annie - but I liked the way it played out
The whole point of the Marcus storyline WAS that we were meant to assume it was Dejas partner and who she was talking about!!!! It was one of those little twists they have been doing the entire show - leading the audience one way and then changing it up with a reveal at the end.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Miguel mentioned her being his 'favourite person' something he 1st said before they got together. So it does make sense

I loved it. I cried loads. Thought it was really well done, and very emotional. I did feel a bit bad for Miguel but I think it was appropriate that he got his own episode, which was lovely, and we saw how much Rebecca needed him when she was older. The train Rebecca needed Jack.
Having lost my mum to cancer a few years ago and having been called to be with her at the end I found it really heartbreaking but strangely comforting 💔😭
And I love William and Beth. Always my favourites.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

I just joined one on the back of you saying this and I’m already feeling like I can’t continue with the comments. People thought that Kate at the end with her firefly in a jar was Kyle 🤪

• Haha
I just joined one on the back of you saying this and I’m already feeling like I can’t continue with the comments. People thought that Kate at the end with her firefly in a jar was Kyle 🤪
It starts off as quite funny but then you feel like banging your head against the desk. No one knew who Marcus was until quite far into the episode but they do things like that quite often don't they? we also didn't know who the father of Deja's baby was until the end but to think Marcus and Malik were the same person even though they couldn't be plus it was years apart was just Homer Simpson levels of dim.

And the 'why didn't Nicky get to say goodbye?' jeez, they didn't show every single conversation!

• Haha
It starts off as quite funny but then you feel like banging your head against the desk. No one knew who Marcus was until quite far into the episode but they do things like that quite often don't they? we also didn't know who the father of Deja's baby was until the end but to think Marcus and Malik were the same person even though they couldn't be plus it was years apart was just Homer Simpson levels of dim.

And the 'why didn't Nicky get to say goodbye?' jeez, they didn't show every single conversation!
The episode would be hours long if we got to see everyone’s goodbye , some of these people on these pages don’t seem overly bright 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Didn’t Nicky say his goodbyes when we first saw Rebecca in the bed? Was it series 3?
I know he was definitely in the room with her, can’t remember if he said anything though
I’m happy to say I was wrong about Kate 😂 I was so sure Jack was a lot older when she died. And as much as I did dislike kate, I was routing for her to make it, and that bit did make me a little teary 😂

The part about Miguel that i was upset they didn’t show much about kind of made sense, that she doesn’t remember that part of her life with him/she went back to when the big 3 were younger

I’m so glad there’s one more episode left. I think if I knew there was one more, I would’ve enjoyed it a bit more
Thinking it was the last one, I felt it was very meh and didn’t explain much

Reactions: 1
Omg those groups are hilarious! The questions they ask are always covered in the episode! They just don’t pay attention.

I commented on one post saying that I thought it was a bit odd that Toby was there as he had moved on and probably never saw Rebecca since the divorce. This guy replied calling me an idiot and he was the father of her grandchildren so of course they had a relationship!

My Dad hasn’t seen my Nan since I was 5 but okay mate!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Omg those groups are hilarious! The questions they ask are always covered in the episode! They just don’t pay attention.

I commented on one post saying that I thought it was a bit odd that Toby was there as he had moved on and probably never saw Rebecca since the divorce. This guy replied calling me an idiot and he was the father of her grandchildren so of course they had a relationship!

My Dad hasn’t seen my Nan since I was 5 but okay mate!
Some wild theories along with the Malik/Marcus confusion. Second screenshot shows exactly what I was thinking, hate to bring race into it but I actually think some of these people just can’t tell the difference between two black men who look vaguely similar

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Some wild theories along with the Malik/Marcus confusion. Second screenshot shows exactly what I was thinking, hate to bring race into it but I actually think some of these people just can’t tell the difference between two black men who look vaguely similar
Im cracking up at the “Marcus is Dejas son” comment…..! WHAT!!!!!! Are these people not watching the show?! 😂😂😂😁

• Haha
Reactions: 3
How did Deja's son meet Jack, was he also a time traveller 😂 Marcus was nothing to do with Deja, I think they did edit it to look as though he was the father as she said he was always working then switched to Marcus working but it was just to keep you guessing the connection.

• Haha
How did Deja's son meet Jack, was he also a time traveller 😂 Marcus was nothing to do with Deja, I think they did edit it to look as though he was the father as she said he was always working then switched to Marcus working but it was just to keep you guessing the connection.
Someone said they thought that it wasn’t jack, but his ghost. Somehow changed the entire genre of the show

• Haha