This Is Us

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just finished the finale this morning šŸ˜­ I really loved The Train and I think that would have made a great finale , especially with ā€œHeyā€ at the end to one another. That could have been it and I would have been happy with that. This was a simple, quiet episode that ended things really nicely though and Iā€™m sad itā€™s over! I binged the hell out of it during one of the lockdowns. Season 5 was disappointing but it really picked up again this season. Iā€™m going to miss watching it.

Reactions: 9
like the previous poster said it was very Randal centric, but truly loved his reaction to hearing he was having a grandson. My family had a similar situation and it was genuine and heartfelt like when it happened to us.

Iā€™ve had a love hate relationship with the whole show. The self centric behaviours of the characters at times really irritated me. But it was a nice ending. I didnā€™t find it as gut wrenching as some previous episodes though. I found Miguel dying sadder then rebecca, I thought they really did him good in that episode.

Wow , itā€™s over ! šŸ„¹

I really liked that ! It didnā€™t make me bawl like last week but I tested up at the end when Rebecca squeezed Jackā€™s hand . Randallā€™s reaction to having a grandson was adorable and so sweet , and I did like it a lot . Agree with other posters who said it was Randall-centric . Would have loved a bit more with adult Kevin & Kate too .

For those who didnā€™t understand the deep fried Oreo (and please if you are American correct me if I am wrong but this is how I interpreted it) - Iowa is where the presidential nomination race starts . There is a caucus in each state where who is going to run for president for each party is decieded and the Iowa caucus is the first one . Randallā€™s ā€œpeopleā€ want to send him to the Iowa state fair to get him known there (and trysome deep fried oreos !) and see how well he fares with locals . He said to K&K that he was talking it over with Beth about whether it was the right next move , and I guess ā€œdeep fried Oreoā€™sā€ was their code for ā€œrunning for presidential candidacyā€ , if that makes sense ?

nice to see Jack also had a child when he grew up too - I donā€™t think we knew that before !

Loved the nod to William too . The fact Deja saying she didnā€™t know him but knew him because of Randall tied so nicely to what Jack said to Rebecca about death in the caboose !

Overall a good series finale , Mandy Moore was right when she said it felt like a hug !

Reactions: 10
I've just spent the last two weeks with the Pearsons. I'm going to miss them. ā¤

Reactions: 5
I think there was a bit more Randall in this one as he had already lost so many parents and we've had a lot of focus on Kate and Kevin in this series already.
So, in years to come Randall might be President, Kate will have a chain of education centres and Kevin will be building homes?

I agree with @Dancing_in_the_dark in that there's quite a lot about the series that I don't like. Kevin and Kate have been pretty dislikable for most of it and the whole family need to get over themselves in many ways but I think it's a combination of great storytelling and the nostalgia of the 80s that gets me.

Reactions: 7
I canā€™t believe they really went there with the presidential thing but tbf they did kind of set it up with young Randall saying to the policeman he wanted to run for president someday. I just personally found Randall really self centred and pompous throughout the series so I wasnā€™t rooting for him that much but then tbf I felt like that a bit about Kevinā€™s never ending love life issues too! The big 3 def needed to get over themselves but I love Jack and Rebecca so much and I love that the series ends with them really as much as it first started with them. I SOBBED when they were laying on the bed together at the end omg! that being said, I felt like Miguelā€™s was the standout episode of this season. It was just so well crafted and had the biggest emotional punch for me. It was very memorable. What a great series all round. Never seen anything like it, so clever and emotional.

Reactions: 10
Enjoyed the last episode. It was nice but to me it didnā€™t really feel like a finaleā€¦. It would have been nice to have seen small insights into the future - like Deja & Malik with the baby boy and Randal as a grandfather, and older Kevin & Sophie with adult children - just something a bit more. It ended just with Jack & young Randal making eye contact. It just felt a bit unfinished for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I think there was a bit more Randall in this one as he had already lost so many parents and we've had a lot of focus on Kate and Kevin in this series already.
So, in years to come Randall might be President, Kate will have a chain of education centres and Kevin will be building homes?

I agree with @Dancing_in_the_dark in that there's quite a lot about the series that I don't like. Kevin and Kate have been pretty dislikable for most of it and the whole family need to get over themselves in many ways but I think it's a combination of great storytelling and the nostalgia of the 80s that gets me.
Yes that familiarity and association of your own childhood is quite a nice feel about it. But character wise they were a bit much at times

Reactions: 2
Enjoyed the last episode. It was nice but to me it didnā€™t really feel like a finaleā€¦. It would have been nice to have seen small insights into the future - like Deja & Malik with the baby boy and Randal as a grandfather, and older Kevin & Sophie with adult children - just something a bit more. It ended just with Jack & young Randal making eye contact. It just felt a bit unfinished for me.
Yes, I felt the same. Maybe it's been left like this deliberately open for a future series.

Just finished watching the finale, was a nice episode just meh for me. I think they should of switched the last 2 episodes around. The train was such a lovely way to finish it off! X

I loved it and I canā€™t stop crying but I do agree would of loved to see the grandkids and kids in the future

Reactions: 3
Yes, I felt the same. Maybe it's been left like this deliberately open for a future series.
Iā€™m pretty sure the creator has been pretty firm on the fact this is the end and how he always imagined it to be , heā€™s ruled out any future spin offs too

I loved it. Very fitting ending, not too sad, but still got all the feels in there.

Last episode was fine but I still think The Train with them saying hi at the end wouldā€™ve been a better ending šŸ˜”

Reactions: 6
Just watched the final episode. Canā€™t believe thatā€™s the end
Whilst I Loved it I have mixed emotions about it I feel the train episode was a much better finale then tonightā€™s episode but I still really enjoyed it.
Over all this season was probably my favourite.
I will miss this show so much the writers done an incredible job.

Agree, but only because I love all of the characters so much, not because it felt unfinished - I want to see what the future held for them. Loved the glimpse earlier in the series of ā€˜oldā€™ Kate and Toby with their new partners happily together at Jackā€™s gig and would have loved more scenes like this covering all of the grandkids. The flashforward showing Jack Jr and his wife pushing their little girl in the swing was beautiful.

The Train actually broke me, every time I read an article or a reaction to it online I just burst out crying again. So beautifully done and would have been absolutely amazing as an ending. I didnā€™t know what to expect from the final episode; I liked the simplicity but would have liked more scenes from the funeral and to hear the detail of the eulogies / reflections. Mandy and Sterling both posted a copy of the order of service on insta and I think scenes showing this would have been heartwarming and breaking in equal measure ā¤ The flashbacks to the teenage lazy Saturday were lovely and a real reflection of the content of the first few series which was lovely.

I feel content with the way it ended but I just want more from The Pearsons!!! So sad to see it end and think Iā€™ll probably go and rewatch at some point šŸ„°

Agree, but only because I love all of the characters so much, not because it felt unfinished - I want to see what the future held for them. Loved the glimpse earlier in the series of ā€˜oldā€™ Kate and Toby with their new partners happily together at Jackā€™s gig and would have loved more scenes like this covering all of the grandkids. The flashforward showing Jack Jr and his wife pushing their little girl in the swing was beautiful.

The Train actually broke me, every time I read an article or a reaction to it online I just burst out crying again. So beautifully done and would have been absolutely amazing as an ending. I didnā€™t know what to expect from the final episode; I liked the simplicity but would have liked more scenes from the funeral and to hear the detail of the eulogies / reflections. Mandy and Sterling both posted a copy of the order of service on insta and I think scenes showing this would have been heartwarming and breaking in equal measure ā¤ The flashbacks to the teenage lazy Saturday were lovely and a real reflection of the content of the first few series which was lovely.

I feel content with the way it ended but I just want more from The Pearsons!!! So sad to see it end and think Iā€™ll probably go and rewatch at some point šŸ„°

I honestly thought we would hear some of their speeches considering some of the snippets of the show showed her mass booklet etc And the build up of Randal writing his speech.

Reactions: 1
Beth has always been one of my favourites but loved her worst case scenarios in the final episode, she's so funny. I didn't think it was as good as last week, can't believe it's over, I need a new show to watch!

Reactions: 8