This Is Us

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Watching it now on Disney plus! Do they not do a free trial anymore? I’d be tempted to sign up so I could watch immediately for the last few episodes 😂

! I’m furious! They did Miguel so dirty - he got less time with her than the doctor?? He should’ve been the one guiding her through the train.

She also completely forgot about baby Kyle

It was okay - I think I really overhyped it in my mind! I shed more tears at Adam Sandler dying in Click!

• Sad
Reactions: 10
That was a great episode, it could have been a disaster but they did it really well.

A couple of points - it must have been a little weird for the young grandkids as they only really knew her with pretty full on dementia

Also odd to arrive to say goodbye then start munching into a big meal.

I still think Joni Mitchell is a tit singer.

Reactions: 1
Omg that was emotional, I’m glad Kate made it. Shame there wasn’t more Jack in it!

also not sure what the point was in the story with the other family who had a car crash?

Reactions: 6
Omg that was emotional, I’m glad Kate made it. Shame there wasn’t more Jack in it!

also not sure what the point was in the story with the other family who had a car crash?
I'll put it in a spoiler just in case ....

I took it to show how life can change in an instant, to see the bigger picture of life and death and how some good always comes from bad (to quote Jack). The son, Marcus, was badly injured and the Dad had a chat with Jack in the waiting room. Jack then went on to unexpectedly die but the boy grew up to be a brilliant scientist in Alzheimer's research. A real life example of good coming from bad.

I did initially think Miguel had been shafted but, if you think about it, Rebecca has dementia so is remembering a time before she was ill. That's why she recognises her children more when they are kids on the train as opposed to adults.

(

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
I have to say I’m a bit disappointed in the episode.. not sure what I was expecting but the whole train metaphor also feels like it’s been done a thousand times before in other shows/movies? Meh.. enjoyed the Miguel episode way more

Reactions: 3
Cried.... but not as much as the Miguel episode

I have a feeling the final episode will be a let down

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Just to add to a @Petitpois ‘ points
Jack told Marcus’ dad about life giving you lemons. That became their family catchphrase which motivated Marcus to keep going when he was upset in the restaurant about his funding being halted.

He then went on to develop a drug for Alzheimer’s - potentially one that gave Rebecca more time.

It shows that all lives are interconnected somehow and things happen for the greater good. It’s actually a beautiful way to look at life

I will never get over Miguel though 😂

I’m also SO invested in Malik and Deja! I feel they almost need a spin off! Hopefully we’ll know more next week

Reactions: 12
Cried.... but not as much as the Miguel episode

I have a feeling the final episode will be a let down
I’m sure I remember reading that apparently the final episode is just an “ordinary day”. Personally I think, had they extended this episode, it could’ve been a good finale

Reactions: 4
Holy ducking tit .. I haven’t cried so much at a TV episode for a long long time

My only criqtiue is how Dr K and William got more time with her than her husband of 20+ years and carer , Miguel

the “hey” line wrecked me …

the Marcus thing was so sweet , not what I was expecting but I loved it , great nods to the earlier seasons too which was awesome

I just … wow … speechless … classic This Is Us , amazing .. hope now the finale doesn’t fall flat

Reactions: 5
I am in pieces.

when she said she was waiting for someone and then Kate came I- christ. Ron Cephas Jones is a tremendous actor. I do wish she had a bit more time with Miguel. The actor who plays Randall is really good too. Oh Christ.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
It was such a highly anticipated episode it was always going to be a mixed bag.

Two things I love about the contrast of Rebecca death in contrast to Jacks for The Big 3.

Firstly was that they had time to come to terms with it and process it and be there with her compared to Jacks where it was sudden and unexpected and he died alone

And also that Rebecca waited for Kate. Could you imagine if Kate had guilt associated to both parents deaths? She obviously already believes (wrongly so) that she’s the cause of jacks death so imagine if she had to live with guilt for missing Rebecca’s passing too.

I love the train. I was really nervous about them doing an afterlife/meeting Jack scenario as I wasn’t sure how they’d navigate religion (especially since I don’t believe the Pearsons are religious?) but I thought that was great. Completely inclusive of different beliefs and religions.

I love that it wasn’t some cheesy “bright white light” scenario.

• Heart
Reactions: 12