This Is Us

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m going to be honest…

I thought the guys in the car crash were Deja, husband and kids. I also thought the dad was seeing Jack as a ghost 😂😂😂😂
But then it all made sense as I went on to watch it, and I feel no shame in what I thought about Jack being a ghost and Kate being dead 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
To me it wouldn’t have added to the story to have Kyle included, if anything it would have been a bit strange, he isn’t really referred to throughout the show

• Heart
Reactions: 11
This is deep but here goes...

They say when you go into the 'afterlife' you go back to your happiest, most healthiest time in your 'earth life'. Which makes sense in this story line as Rebecca was at her happiest with Jack and the 3 as kids / before she herself got sick.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

They say when you go into the 'afterlife' you go back to your happiest, most healthiest time in your 'earth life'. Which makes sense in this story line as Rebecca was at her happiest with Jack and the 3 as kids / before she herself got sick.
And also makes sense why Kyle wasn’t there , she didn’t know him , she didn’t see the big 3 as babies because her birth was quite traumatic and having triplet babies was hard work !

Reactions: 4

Yes she was happy when younger and with Jack and younger children, she was also happy with Miguel in different circumstances and in a different way. I really liked the Miguel moment on the train and still can’t decide if we were seeing them as before they ever got together, I don’t actually mind not knowing, all I know it is it would have been an awful shame if her relationship with Miguel was shown as ‘inferior’ to that she had with Jack. She was 80 when she died, 32 years after Jack’s death, who’s to know when she was at her happiest, I would say she certainly got more support from Miguel, Jack was a wonderful father but at times I felt he fell under the St Jack status which so many think he was. When was she happiest .. didn’t know, I actually think it’s not particularly important to know, ultimately it transpired Rebecca was the absolute core of the show so I just enjoyed my journey via her.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Yes she was happy when younger and with Jack and younger children, she was also happy with Miguel in different circumstances and in a different way. I really liked the Miguel moment on the train and still can’t decide if we were seeing them as before they ever got together, I don’t actually mind not knowing, all I know it is it would have been an awful shame if her relationship with Miguel was shown as ‘inferior’ to that she had with Jack. She was 80 when she died, 32 years after Jack’s death, who’s to know when she was at her happiest, I would say she certainly got more support from Miguel, Jack was a wonderful father but at times I felt he fell under the St Jack status which so many think he was. When was she happiest .. didn’t know, I actually think it’s not particularly important to know, ultimately it transpired Rebecca was the absolute core of the show so I just enjoyed my journey via her.
Oh god - Jack was SO high and mighty - I was so relieved he was hardly in this season and when he was, actually showing him to be a bit of a bellend (sleeping through Rebecca’s sleepless nights and being nasty about her hair)

But then at the end! The ultimate achievement for Saint Jack - indirectly inventing a cure for Alzheimer’s!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Oh god - Jack was SO high and mighty - I was so relieved he was hardly in this season and when he was, actually showing him to be a bit of a bellend (sleeping through Rebecca’s sleepless nights and being nasty about her hair)

But then at the end! The ultimate achievement for Saint Jack - indirectly inventing a cure for Alzheimer’s!
Haha I love Jack but this made me laugh out loud !!! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2
A couple of big holes so far for me are that no one tried to contact Nicky when the Mum or Dad died. The parents would have known he was alive so would have tried to get in touch. Rebecca and the kids ended up at the Mum's funeral and no mention of Nicky and no photos around?

Also, what happened to Rebecca's sister?

A couple of big holes so far for me are that no one tried to contact Nicky when the Mum or Dad died. The parents would have known he was alive so would have tried to get in touch. Rebecca and the kids ended up at the Mum's funeral and no mention of Nicky and no photos around?

I’m of the opinion nicky did something terrible in Vietnam (an accident I know) and he didn’t want anyone to contact him/find him so doubt he would have showed up even if they contacted him. They didn’t really show the fallout from it with the parents or have I forgotten!!

Edited to add I don’t know where youve got to and not sure what order they showed everything happening so hope I’ve not ruined the plot 😂

Reactions: 1

Jack always told the family that Nicky had died in Vietnam, I believe (someone may correct me) that Jack thought he had died. Years later Nicky sent a postcard and a letter to Jack and Jack found him in the trailer where he had been living for many years. In 2019, Jack's three children, surprise Nicky when they show up at his trailer, (similar to how their late father had so many years prior). They demand answers from him because their father had claimed his brother had died during the war only to find out that Nicky was in fact alive. He asks if Jack knows they're there, and he hears for the first time that his brother has passed.

So .. guessing when Jack’s mum and dad died no one knew Nicky was alive. Otherwise good point about Rebecca’s sister, think we only saw her once.

Reactions: 2
Jack always told the family that Nicky had died in Vietnam, I believe (someone may correct me) that Jack thought he had died. Years later Nicky sent a postcard and a letter to Jack and Jack found him in the trailer where he had been living for many years. In 2019, Jack's three children, surprise Nicky when they show up at his trailer, (similar to how their late father had so many years prior). They demand answers from him because their father had claimed his brother had died during the war only to find out that Nicky was in fact alive. He asks if Jack knows they're there, and he hears for the first time that his brother has passed.

So .. guessing when Jack’s mum and dad died no one knew Nicky was alive. Otherwise good point about Rebecca’s sister, think we only saw her once.
I don't think the family thought Nicky was dead. I think I remember it was Jack cut him off for what he thought he'd done then decided to maybe give him a chance when he got the letter (then changed his mind).

I don't think the family thought Nicky was dead. I think I remember it was Jack cut him off for what he thought he'd done then decided to maybe give him a chance when he got the letter (then changed his mind).
Yes possibly. Do you remember if Jack ever told any of the family he knew Nicky was alive?

Yes possibly. Do you remember if Jack ever told any of the family he knew Nicky was alive?
I don't think he told Rebecca or his kids but might have told his parents. If I remember rightly he told Rebecca he had a different role in Vietnam to the one he actually did too.

I don't think he told Rebecca or his kids but might have told his parents. If I remember rightly he told Rebecca he had a different role in Vietnam to the one he actually did too.
OK thanks.

Otherwise for those interested here’s the story of Nicky Pearson.

Reactions: 1
Side note but it always bothered me how the old Nicky actor didn’t look, sound or act remotely like the young Nicky (who was sort of cute and nerdy and shy). They did an amazing job casting some of the others who age up (like Beth!) and I jsut never could connect old Nicky with young Nicky. The actors were both good but I didn’t see them as the same character.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
They are so funny, still going on 'who was Marcus?' 'Is that Malik's baby?' you wonder how they got 6 seasons in if they can't follow a plot.

I did see something quite interesting though - that Mandy Moore was asked which era of Rebecca she preferred to film and she said the older scenes as she hated the make up but loved working with the adult Kevin, Kate, Randall, Beth and Toby. Milo never got that did he? quite a different experience over 6 seasons to never work with the majority of the cast.

Reactions: 5