Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

HashtagRealTalk

Imagine your idea of a bad day at work being a trip to London where the heavens open and you get caught in a rain shower whilst juggling the logistics of a 3 month old {side note you also have your Mum on hand for unlimited assistance and you get to hang out in Liberty for an entire afternoon....all so you can wangle yourself a freebie £250 advent calendar...} And then post about what an ordeal of a day it was with tears aplenty so you can generate some sympathetic content....

Meanwhile there are Nurses and Doctors, Midwives and Paramedics and countless other health care workers across the country whose idea of a bad day is that someone, god forbid....actually died whilst in their care...

There are police and fire officers who face life and death situations daily but sadly have faced events where their colleagues have been lost in the line of duty...they are very bad days.

And there are many other professions which I’m sure I have omitted where people up and down the nation work hours beyond what they are paid for and still go home unable to sleep at night because they’ve had stuff go wrong, and they put it down to a bad day.

Shame all these folk don’t get a nice little advent calendar to soften the blows of bad days eh?

• Heart
Reactions: 38

HashtagRealTalk

So basically her latest post translates as this:

“Hello october front door step and hello sleep deprivation {because I’m three months deep into this parenting thing and knackered as shit and haven’t quite got the energy to decorate my front door Stacey Solomon style, but equally don’t want to miss out on jumping on the Insta-blaggers Autumnal bandwagon...so these two autumn squash will have to do the job}

I feel sleep deprivation is worse now because in the beginning you have the adrenaline of having a Newborn {and the Baby bee Flatlays to keep the ‘gram content up! Generating alllllllll the likes - such a thrill!} and the new baby high {plus allllllll the #gifted paraphernalia, mini breaks in whitby to market Breast Pads and of course a weeks European holiday with a two month old to enable promotion to fully fledged Travel-Blogger-Mumma-Expert status!}...

We had a fairly good stretch of sleep {one day she slept 7 hours and I was able to use my energy to attend a reformer pilates class, attend the chiropractor, order a new log burner, hang out with my NCT friends, eat tacos in wahaca and photograph 6537 of our very own dahlias from our allotment all in one day...which of course I documented for you all on Insta Stories...}

But now I’m three months in and the novelty is wearing off and I’m too tired to instantly bounce back to the life I once knew so I’m fuzzy headed and tearful through lack of sleep...Gah parenting...{Also it’s absolutely pissing it down so I can’t even get my 10,000 steps in pre-8am and post that up on stories}...so I’m going to write this real and honest post and stick in alllllllll the question marks? so I can get some engagement? Maybe I should drink some coffee {Kenco? Douge Egberts? Hit me with your freebies...}

She should have just asked me to write the caption for her tbh?! 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

CyanideKiss

Chatty Member
She is still a little girl and I suspect will always be a little girl. Her parents and husband happily collude to keep her childlike, letting her play at 'keeping house' and at 'Mummies & Daddies'. She can only deal with the easy aspects of life, arranging some flowers, dressing her baby in dinky outfits and eating ice-cream.

Her whole life looks like the bastard lovechild of Enid Blyton & Cath Kidston. The moment real life crops up she goes to pieces and runs crying to the real grown ups.

The reason she is anxious is because she genuinely doesn't know how to deal with real life. She has never had to learn the skills or techniques. My 15 year old is far more savvy and resourceful than Beggy, and as a result has confidence in her own abilities to cope with life.

Her Mum basically pimped Beggy out to a much older man because she wanted to pass her onto another parent figure. God forbid Beggy might have dated a normal, red blooded teenager who might (gasp) encourage her to live a little and have fun. No. Not for their ickle girl.

Beggy went straight from being a 16 year old, to being a 50 year old with zero experience in-between. She lives such a stultifying existence of frumpy dresses, Marks & Spencer's Chicken Kievs and carefully arranged scatter cushions. Where's the passion, Beggy? Where's the fire and the fun?

Her epitaph should read:

"Died at 16. Buried at 80."

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28

Gossipqueen30

Chatty Member
Fuming she’s been gifted a totter and tumble play mat! I had my eye on one for my daughter but just couldn’t justify £140 for a playmat. I find it really offputting when a brand charges those kind of prices, but can manage to ‘gift’ one completely free to a woman who can more than afford it, especially when so far she’s had EVERYTHING given to her, and the only thing she’s bought herself is a bloody baby monitor 😤 And even that killed her - I remember at least 3 hinting stories asking for recommendations 🙄 I wish brands would just offer a discount code instead to make it more affordable for the masses, rather than give one away to someone as undeserving as grabecca 😔

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Ghosttalk4

Chatty Member
...some people even fly business and don’t need to splash it over Instagram! 😉
Those are the people who can actually afford to fly business class though 😂 The ones who are actually middle class and really live the life she wants to portray. The ones who pay to check in their bloody luggage rather than using every loophole to bring half your house on board for free and make your husband carry it half way around Italy 😂 the ones who would absolutely die inside from embarrassment it they heard someone saying 'my husband earns more in 1 year than yours does in 10 years lady'.

The fact that she constantly brags and is so classless it's the biggest give away for me that she isn't Mrs wealthy middle class lady of the manor, she's just trying very hard to appear like she is.

My mum used to work for Jaguar. She said it was ALWAYS the customers who made the biggest fuss and wanted the biggest entourage in the showroom that could not afford the car and were begging for finance behind closed doors. But the modest guy that would pop in wearing his jeans and make no fuss at all was always the one who already had several at home already and was just quietly living his life for himself.

I'm a firm believer the same applies to social media. The vast majority of people who are really living the life she stages for the gram aren't bothering to splash every tiny detail online to brag to strangers. They're too busy living and enjoying their life!

With grabby it's all about her craving validation from strangers and feeling superior to patch over her own insecurities. She isn't content enough in her own life to just enjoy it and live it privately without craving the attention and the opportunity to brag about what she has or what shes doing.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

HashtagRealTalk

When Green veg Mac n’ cheese is “the best Saturday night dinner ever” ...Bet poor Benpecked longs for a big curry take away with extra poppadoms, an XL peshwari naan and a cold bottle of Cobra beer to go with...please someone invite them over for a Chinese or something - they need to know how to live...

• Haha
Reactions: 25

swipeup

VIP Member
Might be a bit early for thread #8 title suggestions but I'll throw this one out there

rvk_loves #8 A holiday to Brooklyn looked the height of frugality, Halloween is over and she's delaying reality

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24

bubbletea123

VIP Member
Her latest caption:

SoHo streets 🇺🇸. I always forget just how much there is to do in NYC and how huge it is. We’re lucky in that we’ve visited before so we’re skipping the main sites that we’ve done before and just returning to favourite spots and exploring new areas. But there are still just way too many places to eat at and wander around. There are guides on my blog from previous trips and I’ll write a new one after this trip too 🖤🚖.

Oh, fuck off, you bore. She clearly is reading here while in NYC. Sorry, but how can you "forget" how much there is to do in the city that never sleeps? She is a liar. They are both just boring as fuck. Maybe if you've been to NYC SO many times that you can "skip the main sites" there is no point going? Especially as it isn't like you eat out in restaurants, go to bars, etc, Grabby. Instead, you take packed lunch and go to Whole Foods. You know what? There would be nothing wrong with that if you went to Central Park with your picnic and enjoyed the CoLoUrFuL LeAvEs there but no you don't do that. Next time, stay at home. You are talking shite too Grabby. You say there are so many places to "eat at" yet you don't do that. Stop lying. You have problems with eating out and it has been very evident for a long time now. You have some weird issue where you are never satisfied and people have seen you in person set up a picnic for the 'gram for five minutes, then pack it up and leave.

Do yourself a favour. Get a therapist, and work through your problems.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

swipeup

VIP Member
I get it now. She hasn't gone on holiday, she's gone to live in Brooklyn for a week. When the daily grind of suburban, leafy Hertfordshire is just too much to handle, take yourself off to suburban, leafy New York where the pumpkins are plentiful, the fro-yo is half price and the barre classes are free. Get a big shop in from Trader Joes, put the baby on the floor with her play gym and it's a real home from home. 2 business class flights well spent I'd say.

• Haha
Reactions: 22

Clare

VIP Member
You know what’s better than American turkey in your packed lunch Rebecca? American turkey in a proper American sandwich from a fabulous NYC deli. Imagine.

• Haha
Reactions: 21

Skewbedu

VIP Member
Hey GrabbaGramps while you are teaching Mini Benpecked to not touch hot things can you also teach her not to toddle round on unsteady legs and hurtle straight into the bizarrely placed corners of your hearth?

Unless of course she inherits her mother's stance. In which case we're fine because Mini BP will have one toddler foot in the kitchen and one in the hallway which should provide some stability.

• Haha
Reactions: 20

Skewbedu

VIP Member
And...the flight was dreamy..of course !! So predictable!!
Those flight posts were cringe. Not a single interesting reason for posting. No one needs to know about the angle of the seats. Total obvious humble bragging that is super unattractive.

Why do supermarkets make you happy? Because if you were a colour, you would be beige (sorry greige, my bad).
You know what makes me happy in NYC? Standing in front of Starry Night at the Museum of Modern Art or a Gauguin at the Guggenheim or in the Reptile Gallery of the Natural History Museum (OK a bit more niche maybe 😂).
But no, she'd rather stand against an orange wall, up to the eyeballs in camel coats and leopard print staring into the middle distance with one leg in Brooklyn and one on Ellis Island!

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

SwigPill

I could go on google earth right now and have a better cultural experience of New York from my living room than these two pensioners have whilst actually being there. It’s a waste.

• Haha

HashtagRealTalk

Waiting for, for SO long...six weeks since her last vacation.
She’s an absolute fraud. I’d love to bring back that old show Wife Swap (does anyone remember that?!) and shove her in a damp old council estate house, with a broken washing machine, freezer food and a national minimum wage to pay the bills and see how long she survives whilst someone else can live her life of endless holidays, £200 advent calendars and allotment veg...she’s a prick.

• Heart
  • Haha

shhhhhh

Wants to give the impression she has enough cash to punt for expensive things to the new 🐑

Two things...
Why tag the location as Notting Hill when it's nothing but a generic wall. Humble brag that she is hanging around the trendy bits of well heeled London.
Secondly I see we have tagged everything but the jumper. So cue several questions on where it's from. So we csn now do a follow up "everybody has asked me so here's an affiliate link". WE SEE YOU GRABBAGRANDAD

Don’t forget the BRAND NEW FEEDING HACK of pulling up your jumper and pulling down your cami 😂😂 fuck me.

I’ve seen some comments today about her leading a sheltered commuter belt private school life, and found it interesting. I am roughly the same age as Rebecca, went to boarding school, and my mummy (yes, mummy) still drives around London as opposed to the tube as she just prefers to be able to nip about, and then it’s quicker for us to get home to where we live in Oxfordshire. (Humble brag, in a village nowhere near the motorway 😂) that being said, I am perfectly capable of getting myself around London with my baby in the rain, feeding discreetly (department stores have comfy seats everywhere) and navigating transport without a chaperone. Of course it’s nice with two pairs of hands, but obvs not always possible.

This is not me shouting about how great I am at life, this is just me saying that sheltered upbringings don’t necessarily breed absolute fuckwits that cry at every curveball. She’s such a massive bellend who just can’t cope, and it really angers me! Grow the fuck up. You’re not the only 26 year old to have a house and baby who is breastfed.

Ghosttalk4

Chatty Member
This is what does my absolute head in about RVK. She is very happy to make a career out of showing us her giant home and her 300 holidays a year. When people have told her it makes them feel like crap (mainly because the rest of us are at home, struggling with the baby, chores, work) she basically said well don't look at my awesome life that if it makes you jealous.

But when she any element of reality come her way, like the baby poops at an inconvenient time or her husband actually has to go to work after sitting at home for months and months, she throws a huge tantrum.

She has zero resilience to life. She needs to suck it up and stop relying on other people to carry her.

Her bloody mum visits every single day to help her with the baby, clean her house, do her washing anyway.

Unfortunately that's parenting for you. Along with all those cute instagram worthy moments comes a lot of poo explosions, projectile vomiting and god knows what else. It doesn't stop at the new born stage either - discovering my daughter had given me head lice the day before our holiday 🤢🤢 and then my second child came down the chicken pox on the first day of our holiday after saving up for 18 months. That's just life with kids 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 19

Skewbedu

VIP Member
The next thing we'll be seeing is Benpecked in his coral shorts with grey granny socks pulled up to his unmentionables. Brace yourself Tattlers...

• Haha

Libertine

VIP Member
Rebecca never quite gets it right.

From travel (with supermarket ham and Netflix) to food (packet brownies, anyone?) to fashion (ill fitting straw hats and sunglasses sitting above her nose) to decorating (NO ONE is sitting in those leather chairs stuck awkwardly at the back of the kitchen), Rebecca consistently misses the mark.

She lacks authenticity. Rebecca’s life is one big C&P job, with ideas pinched from other influencers and Pinterest.

• Heart