RVKLoves #7 Freya’s cold, content’s getting old, how can someone so tight take so many flights?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The baby is too young to go there. No point. Nothing there for a baby that can’t be found in London. Better parks in London. Fast forward ten years, perhaps. And yes, Leaf peeping tours take place in New England, not NYC.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I can’t think of a more rubbish holiday with a baby. Well actually, no, NYC with a toddler would be worse! If the baby can nap anywhere it might be ok.

Reactions: 5
Grabecca, Trader Joe’s isn’t a typical American supermarket. Go out in the ‘burbs and experience a different way of life.

Reactions: 4
And...the flight was dreamy..of course !! So predictable!!
Those flight posts were cringe. Not a single interesting reason for posting. No one needs to know about the angle of the seats. Total obvious humble bragging that is super unattractive.

Why do supermarkets make you happy? Because if you were a colour, you would be beige (sorry greige, my bad).
You know what makes me happy in NYC? Standing in front of Starry Night at the Museum of Modern Art or a Gauguin at the Guggenheim or in the Reptile Gallery of the Natural History Museum (OK a bit more niche maybe 😂).
But no, she'd rather stand against an orange wall, up to the eyeballs in camel coats and leopard print staring into the middle distance with one leg in Brooklyn and one on Ellis Island!

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
American supermarkets- an excellent cure for depression? But, if you listen to Lost in the Supermarket by the Clash you will find that the opposite is true.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I feel like we’ve won the Grabby Bingo and she’s only been away for about 6 hours.
“I didn’t need to watch any films or tv, I just stared out at the sky” - yes, love, that’s because you’re a vacant dullard.
I honestly don’t know how her upcoming NYC posts can get any more smug and gloating than her bastard flight posts, but I’m sure she’ll manage.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Those stories about the flight 🙄 ‘We cant drive more than 15 mins in the car but can manage a 7 hour flight’ = Look at me Tattlers I am mumming way harder than anyone else who ever mummed!

And Grabby, no one, not one single one of your 90k followers gives a tit about seats on the plane or the angle of the window...some people even fly business and don’t need to splash it over Instagram! 😉

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
...some people even fly business and don’t need to splash it over Instagram! 😉
Those are the people who can actually afford to fly business class though 😂 The ones who are actually middle class and really live the life she wants to portray. The ones who pay to check in their bloody luggage rather than using every loophole to bring half your house on board for free and make your husband carry it half way around Italy 😂 the ones who would absolutely die inside from embarrassment it they heard someone saying 'my husband earns more in 1 year than yours does in 10 years lady'.

The fact that she constantly brags and is so classless it's the biggest give away for me that she isn't Mrs wealthy middle class lady of the manor, she's just trying very hard to appear like she is.

My mum used to work for Jaguar. She said it was ALWAYS the customers who made the biggest fuss and wanted the biggest entourage in the showroom that could not afford the car and were begging for finance behind closed doors. But the modest guy that would pop in wearing his jeans and make no fuss at all was always the one who already had several at home already and was just quietly living his life for himself.

I'm a firm believer the same applies to social media. The vast majority of people who are really living the life she stages for the gram aren't bothering to splash every tiny detail online to brag to strangers. They're too busy living and enjoying their life!

With grabby it's all about her craving validation from strangers and feeling superior to patch over her own insecurities. She isn't content enough in her own life to just enjoy it and live it privately without craving the attention and the opportunity to brag about what she has or what shes doing.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Those are the people who can actually afford to fly business class though 😂 The ones who are actually middle class and really live the life she wants to portray. The ones who pay to check in their bloody luggage rather than using every loophole to bring half your house on board for free and make your husband carry it half way around Italy 😂 the ones who would absolutely die inside from embarrassment it they heard someone saying 'my husband earns more in 1 year than yours does in 10 years lady'.

The fact that she constantly brags and is so classless it's the biggest give away for me that she isn't Mrs wealthy middle class lady of the manor, she's just trying very hard to appear like she is.

My mum used to work for Jaguar. She said it was ALWAYS the customers who made the biggest fuss and wanted the biggest entourage in the showroom that could not afford the car and were begging for finance behind closed doors. But the modest guy that would pop in wearing his jeans and make no fuss at all was always the one who already had several at home already and was just quietly living his life for himself.

I'm a firm believer the same applies to social media. The vast majority of people who are really living the life she stages for the gram aren't bothering to splash every tiny detail online to brag to strangers. They're too busy living and enjoying their life!

With grabby it's all about her craving validation from strangers and feeling superior to patch over her own insecurities. She isn't content enough in her own life to just enjoy it and live it privately without craving the attention and the opportunity to brag about what she has or what shes doing.
I could not agree more! 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼

The fact that she seems to think she has to justify and downplay her privilege in a condescending manner (“let us explain to the peasants, lest they get jealous”) is grating. “It was actually CHEAPER for us to use air miles and fly business, you know?” Oh, really? Who gives a flick. I’ve flown business a couple of times when the plane was full and I got an upgrade. So what? It’s a bigger seat with slightly less disgusting food, Grabby. Her obvious fascination at doing something that’s frankly so mundane speaks volumes; she just sounds like a hillbilly fascinated by a bit of bling. “Ohhhh look, the seats face the window!” well mine doesn’t but thank goodness a) my neck rotates on demand! and b) i have movies to watch and good books to enjoy. And I can even bring my own snacks!

And of course “Bubba” (argh...) is already following mummy footsteps. Of course she just looovees flying business! Such a little globetrotter...

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I imagine this is also the reason shes starting to struggle with motherhood too. In my experience, it's the ones who brag about their baby/child/teen the loudest who are actually really struggling behind closed doors. They cannot admit that they arent in control and its tough so they over compensated with braggy posts to feel good about themselves (often by making other mums feel like tit).

She has set the standard of how motherhood will go before that baby even arrived. A tick box of well travelled, superhuman, earth mother criteria she has to put out there on instagram regardless of the reality. She thinks she is a cut above everyone else and is adamant her journey will be better than anyone else has done before.

I dont care what you post online. Everyone's baby/toddler/child/teen will regularly push you to your absolute limits and you need to learn to cope and work through that. It gets harder as they get older.

Your baby will throw up in your hair at the worst possible moment and somehow projectile poop up the wall whether it's your favourite shade of farrow and ball or a cheap wilko white wash. There is nothing more grounding than motherhood if you will allow yourself to admit it but she will not let that act of perfection and pretence slip. That must be a pretty sad and exhausting existence.

She just can't let go of control and I'm sure it's because shes worried people will see the curtain slip and expose her for what she is... just the same as everyone else (us common peasant folk).

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I completely agree regarding the posts about flying business class. I think we all know what it generally looks like. I'm not fussed to see her food or Rebecca holding her complimentary white company toiletry bag. It does seem a little bit show off. It's good that Freya doesn't seem fussed flying but you couldn't pay me to travel with a young child on a long haul flight!

Reactions: 4
I would imagine she gets a few people messaging her saying either
a) Rebecca your jetset life is sooo amazing, i am so envious and wish i could be you
or
b) Rebecca, your jet set lifestyle is really upsetting me because I can't afford to go on holiday

i prefer
c)
duck off grabecca you are just dreadful

• Haha
Reactions: 13
The fact that she seems to think she has to justify and downplay her privilege in a condescending manner (“let us explain to the peasants, lest they get jealous”) is grating. “It was actually CHEAPER for us to use air miles and fly business, you know?” Oh, really? Who gives a flick. I’ve flown business a couple of times when the plane was full and I got an upgrade. So what? It’s a bigger seat with slightly less disgusting food, Grabby. Her obvious fascination at doing something that’s frankly so mundane speaks volumes; she just sounds like a hillbilly fascinated by a bit of bling. “Ohhhh look, the seats face the window!” well mine doesn’t but thank goodness a) my neck rotates on demand! and b) i have movies to watch and good books to enjoy. And I can even bring my own snacks!

And of course “Bubba” (argh...) is already following mummy footsteps. Of course she just looovees flying business! Such a little globetrotter...
It’s because she sees this as her job, being an *influencer* - don’t forget that eons ago she was once in the Sunday Time! Obviously the baby will not remember a thing about this trip, nor any other trips for a few years. That picture of Ben wheeling suitcases down the street is for what purpose I wonder. Utterly pointless.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.