Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

nurseren

VIP Member
Hello, it’s small potato here. I’m alive, and I’m okay. I don’t really have a lot more to say really, except that we take each day as it comes. We named our girl Dorothy Leia Thursday (a name after a song, Princess Leia and a character in a book in which I first met Husband over), and despite everything being hard, nothing is harder than ripping off a softpore bandage from your stomach and taking away half your ginger pubes.

• Heart
Reactions: 45

LongishCat

VIP Member
Hey everyone!
Haven't caught up with the thread yet, but just reporting in to let you know LongishKitten was born yesterday at 4 pm! 😍

I went in for induction Thursday night, they placed some tampony thing around 10 pm. My water broke at 4 am and then contractions started as well. By 8 am dilation wasn't really going fast (but contractions every 5 mins), so they put me on a drip. I also went for an epidural and omg I'm so happy I did. Don't know if I would've pulled through without one.
Somewhere in the afternoon I suddenly dilated from 4 to 9 cm quite quickly and tbh, I was getting kinda scared about giving birth.
I started pushing around 3:30 pm and she was born 30 mins later, which is pretty fast for a first I've been told. I just really wanted her out there 😆 I have a small tear, but the gynaecologist was able to stitch it up nicely and doesn't expect any issues to heal.

She's absolutely gorgeous and at the moment a pretty relaxed baby. First night with the three of us went relatively good (slept about 4 to 5 hours total). Hope she keeps it that way. Mr LongishCat and I are absolutely besotted 🥰
Also started breastfeeding and it's not easy, but we're getting the hang of it.

So all in all, pretty good birth experience ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 43

Crazycatlady18

VIP Member
Baby crazy kitten lady was born yesterday 6lb 14oz . Induction started Monday at 11pm 🙄(who needs sleep) pretty much started working straight away. 😬
i had very fast intense contractions and they took the string thing out after 7 hours having contractions every 1-2 mins. Got to labour ward. 3cm 😭 I was gutted.
They then put my on the hormone drip and wow I wasn’t in a good place. They couldn’t give me an epridural and I found it pretty tough and asked them to take me off the drip.
Little kitten born after 19 hours of labour. Currently unable to sleep on the ward, absolutely dying because it’s so fecking hot here!!!! (And checking her every 5 mins) But she is amazing and I must have cuddled and kissed her a million times. She’s a little bit whacked from the pethadine though 😂 I hope this doesn’t scare anyone, she was worth every minute and the stitches ❤ Women are amazing!!!!! Thank you for all your support x

May I just add laying on my back feels great 😂😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 42

ThePidge

VIP Member
Hi guys!
Quickly jumping on to say I had my little girl 23rd Oct after induction.
It was a very traumatic birth with me ending up in theatre straight after delivery. I won’t go into it as I really don’t want to scare any of you with the rarities that can happen during labour. However, we have come out of the other end and she was so, so worth it!!
You are in the best of best hands and I have to say, my husband and I could not be more thankful for the NHS and all of the staff for saving us both- such amazing people.
Lots of love to you all and I’ll be back soon ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 40

MilkAndTwoSugars

VIP Member
Hi everyone.... I'm back! 🤰🏼

Not sure if anyone remembers me but I was on this thread back in April but then I had a missed miscarriage at 9 weeks: no heartbeat 💔 ended up being a chromosome issue (an extra copy of chromosome 15).

Anyways, I've been doing back to back rounds of ivf and finally made another embryo to transfer - got my positive pregnancy blood test on Saturday and another today, which showed my hcg has quadrupled rather than doubled 🥰

As it was ivf, the embryo was genetically tested so my fertility consultant knows the gender already (4+5) but partner is keeping it sensible and we will find out a the 7 week viability scan if I make it and all ok. He's right, I'd get so attached so best not know just yet.

Hope you're all having a good week so far 😘 xx

• Heart
Reactions: 37

sassyqueen

Hey everyone ☺ Successful induction happened Friday 😊 started with gel at 9 n had baby at 11:18 pm, was very quick and not as horrible as I thought thank god 😅 baby boy is healthy and big weighs 9 pound on the button 😂 waters broke themselves so walking after the gel definitely helps

• Heart
Reactions: 35

Dipdab

VIP Member
Went for my final consultant appointment this morning and was so lucky to have such a nice supportive doctor! When she asked me how I was feeling I burst into tears (had no idea where that come from). I’ve decided I don’t want be induced so if they don’t come between now and week 37 I will be having a planned c section. Which will either be next Friday or the following Monday. Get confirmation on Monday. Feels so good to finally have a birth plan and an end date so I’m beyond uncomfortable now! But also freaking out that I’m almost about to be a mum of 2 babies 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 35

fishsticks

*didn't want this to mix with my post to @calmyourritas bcus that deserves one on its own😂❤*

Soooo when I was 5 weeks in June I took my second clearblue weeks indicator and it came back not pregnant. I sobbed. Thought it was faulty. Knew deep down it wasn't.

Understandably I have been dreading doing a second one... But today I did it and it came back 2-3 weeks. 🥺❤🌈 Just cried my little heart out and needed to share it somewhere. Little rainbow bean is still there, still with me and looks to be going strong.🥰

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 29

nurseren

VIP Member
Oh Small Potato❤
I have been thinking about you so much, you're never far from my mind.
Her name sounds as beautiful as I imagine she is💖
I hope everyone at potato farm is coping as well as they can ❤
I think about you all too. Littlepotato is absolutely fine and coping well, but I’ve had to protect him a bit from support teams who basically want to talk to him about what’s happened. Littlepotato is so sensitive (he cried for two days over pikachu fainting in detective pikachu) and for him, Dorothy was an “idea” as we only mentioned her a few times as everything was so up and down with her. HusbandPotato is absolutely fine, he’s got therapy and one of his friends runs a support group so he’s going to try and attend that. So far I’ve declined therapy purely as I just can’t keep going over it, I’m exhausted. I went to see The Last Duel at the weekend as Adam Driver can cure any depression, so that’s progress.

I can’t wait to be pregnant again. I’ll see you all again one day.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

miamae

Hey ladies, I had my 12 week scan today and oh my gosh how amazing!! Baby was literally bouncing around all over the place and wouldn’t sit still 🤣 after all these weeks of worry I finally feel more settled! So emotional ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 27

calmyourritas

VIP Member
Evening guys… I’m back after another early reassurance scan 😁 this was my third and the woman in there knows me now, she said “back again?” 😂

We are all good… measuring 10 weeks exactly, bean has a strong heartbeat and has now grown arms and legs! I was an anxious mess yet again but as soon as she said there was a heartbeat I couldn’t stop crying and then I cried driving all the way home .. god knows what people thought.

Not long to wait until my NHS scan now 🥰🥰🤞🌈

• Heart
Reactions: 27

fishsticks

Hi everyone! I popped into here in June, but sadly had an early miscarriage. Found out I was pregnant again on Thursday and confirmed with a digital today! I'm super worried and anxious in case this pregnancy goes the same way my first did, but I'm trying to stay positive!

Hope you're all doing well! :)

• Heart
Reactions: 26

GamerLlama87

Gahhhh 😱 haven't posted here in ages but I'm getting induced at 9am this morning 😬 such a mix of feels right now. Tried my best to get some decent rest but I've been wide awake since just after 4am 😭

Currently 38+2, getting induced because baby measured 9lb15oz on Wednesday at a growth scan 😳 so here's to hoping that's wildly inaccurate!

• Heart
Reactions: 25

calmyourritas

VIP Member
I’ve been for another private reassurance scan today… I had such a negative feeling and that it was definitely going to be bad news.. I’ve been feeling a bit better in myself and with the nausea so I’d convinced myself this was the end of the road.

Anyway, bean has had a growth spurt and isn’t measuring as behind now - currently measuring 8+6 (compared to 5+6 exactly 2 weeks ago) which has made me feel better and actually looks more like a baby! Heart beat still flickering away strongly… “12 week” scan in just over 2 weeks! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 23

GamerLlama87

So I'm on day 5 of induction process and people asking for updates constantly is frankly pissing me off now. Does this message sound okay and not rude:

Hi, I'm sending this message to all close family not just yourself directly but please can I kindly request no more messages asking for updates and ask that you wait for myself or *partner* to update you, which we of course will if there is any exciting news to share. As a first time mum I'm finding this process a little stressful and the pressure of everyone wanting updates is starting to get to me a little. Thanks for understanding. Lots of love, GamerLlama87 xx

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I went for my 20 week scan today and found out that baby is a boy! 💙 This boy of mine did not want to play ball, tummy down, feet crossed at the ankles, head down 🤦🏾‍♀️ Wouldn’t even move after I emptied my bladder 😂 I’m booked for a rescan in a couple of weeks. It was really lovely to see him again though, especially as I’m yet to feel any kicks or flutters. The sonography said he’s definitely moving his limbs in there, he’s kicks just aren’t strong enough yet 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Dipdab

VIP Member
My husband woke me up at 2am because he heard my tummy make a “weird nose” and thought I could be in labour. I’m 99.9% certain it was wind 😂😅.

• Haha
Reactions: 20

Freddo10

Just found out we are having our second little boy!! We are absolutely on cloud 9 eeeek 💙💙💙 sorry I just wanted to share! 😀😀😀

• Heart
Reactions: 18