• 30-36 weeks

Votes: 29 19.7%
  • Ready to pop!

Votes: 13 8.8%
  • I had my baby ages ago, I just stay for the chat

Votes: 16 10.9%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As promised, this thread sponsored by all the baby Keith’s out there…

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Ah I’m not sure if I’ve overdone it or I’m close to labour. Had constant period pains for 2 days. Had to lay down yesterday as I physically couldn’t move with the pain. All pain in my back and tmi probably but right in my bum too! Never got any of this with my other child so I’m feeling hopefull, but won’t be surprised if I’m suffering for the next week and a half. Midwife says she’s in the perfect position. 37 weeks so baby is welcome to come anytime..ideally before my induction date 🤣 I’m just so ready now which is funny cos I went over with my son and still wasn’t ready for him 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Damn really thought the last thread would be the thread I have my baby 😂 it’s got to be this one it’s GOT TO BE 😂😂😂

Reactions: 9
I'm sorry but the title is ruined without the full beauty that is Sharon-Beryl, you've done us the dirty man 😭 :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
I'm sorry but the title is ruined without the full beauty that is Sharon-Beryl, you've done us the dirty man 😭 :ROFLMAO:
Haha I didn’t want to get the original poster into trouble if that friend is a tattle user..: there can only be one Sharon-Beryl in the world!!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Ah I’m not sure if I’ve overdone it or I’m close to labour. Had constant period pains for 2 days. Had to lay down yesterday as I physically couldn’t move with the pain. All pain in my back and tmi probably but right in my bum too! Never got any of this with my other child so I’m feeling hopefull, but won’t be surprised if I’m suffering for the next week and a half. Midwife says she’s in the perfect position. 37 weeks so baby is welcome to come anytime..ideally before my induction date 🤣 I’m just so ready now which is funny cos I went over with my son and still wasn’t ready for him 🤣
I had this for weeks this time.
So when i went for my sweep, I was super hopeful only to be told she couldn't do the sweep 😐 I was so confident after all the pains 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Thank you for the lovd everyone! Cute that we were the last birth on the last feed!

Going to repost where though, so it doesn't get missed hope thats OK.

Baby girl Charlotte arrived safely on Wednesday a teeny 6lbs! 2 weeks early due to GD but perfectly healthy. Planned section was amazing. I've read online that they are really positive and a good experience. I didn't believe it could be, but it was truly amazing. We're going home today. Yay. I honestly feel amazing and just just so lucky. No feeling like it.

Feeling more sore today, hurts to get up and about. Especially now were home and my bed doesn't move! Hospital was short staffed so had to do everything for baby from about 6hrs fter birth once catheter out. And I do still have a numb bum cheek, not sure if it's from being immobile or the spinal...anybody experienced this? Wish I'd got stronger pain meds than para/Ibuprofen...! X

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Oh just a heads up if anyone is looking for nice maternity jeans I ordered the 2 pack of River Island Maternity jeans in blue and black on Littlewoods and they arrived yesterday. So so so worth the money. I only have 3 months left so was debating whether to buy some (I had tried cheaper pairs in the likes of new look and hated them all I felt they were so unflattering) but I'm fed up with leggings and wanted to be able to feel a little bit more put together as it comes into winter. At least I can wear them for a few weeks after birth and then put them up for the next one 🤭 Just thought I'd share incase anyone else is in a jeans dilemma.

Reactions: 5
Thank you for the lovd everyone! Cute that we were the last birth on the last feed!

Going to repost where though, so it doesn't get missed hope thats OK.

Baby girl Charlotte arrived safely on Wednesday a teeny 6lbs! 2 weeks early due to GD but perfectly healthy. Planned section was amazing. I've read online that they are really positive and a good experience. I didn't believe it could be, but it was truly amazing. We're going home today. Yay. I honestly feel amazing and just just so lucky. No feeling like it.

Feeling more sore today, hurts to get up and about. Especially now were home and my bed doesn't move! Hospital was short staffed so had to do everything for baby from about 6hrs fter birth once catheter out. And I do still have a numb bum cheek, not sure if it's from being immobile or the spinal...anybody experienced this? Wish I'd got stronger pain meds than para/Ibuprofen...! X
Aw congratulations lovely. What a beautiful name too! Don’t be afraid to call your midwif/hospital if you’re struggling as I’m sure they’ll be able to prescribe you something stronger x

36 week growth scan and baby is bang on 50th centile which is great given the GD. Their head is on like the 70th or something poor little alien head! 👽 definitely from my husband’s side! she always flicks it to 3D view and we got the cutest little side profile pic of them pouting. She wants to see me again in two weeks as there is a slight inflammation in one of baby’s kidneys - likely a little blockage or infection. She said not to stress as they often self correct she just wants to prepare my consultant if she can still see it at 38w so that they can be ready to ultrasound or treat with antibiotics. She thinks it’s unlikely that my consultant will want me to go overdue at all (absolutely fine by me!), and I feel quite reassured that even if we go down the induction route, being private will make a huge difference as a lot of the horror stories seem to come from waiting around for days on end for a bed etc. I was feeling pretty calm and collected about Labour until I just did my first attempt at perineal massage - OUCH 😐😐

Keith <3
My dad's Afro-Caribbean and the way Keith is said by some of the ol' guys is 'Keet', I love it.

Welcome baby Charlotte! Absolutely love that name, it's what we're probably going with as a middle if we have a girl. Hope the pain wears off for you soon @Abcd123 and congratulations 💗

Watching hospital bag videos has been a massive guilty please of mine recently. The stuff the lasses seem to pack is crackers, the stuff I've gathered for mine is comfy old stuff I'm happy to chuck if they become too unspeakable to be worth washing, not a load of fancy new gear.
I have got some utterly frumpy nighties from Matalan though. I'm a bigger lass/with a large chest, and I've also really struggled finding button up nighties, the odd ones I've seen are pretty short and will definitely be ruched up too indecently for me to feel comfortable in them. The big ones from Matalan are horrid but will have to do unless I find owt better, but at least my backside s covered in them - I've given it a try and I can get my boobs out the top if needs be #glam :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Can’t believe I only have one more box to go until I’m in the ready to pop!!

massive congratulations @Abcd123 !! I want a planned c section so hearing your positive story is reassuring ❤ Xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Woop I'm 12 weeks today so finally get to click the next box! It feels like it's been forever but equally has flown by.... Got my 12 week scan on Tuesday then I guess we need to start telling people. Feel scared to for some reason!

• Heart
Has anyone managed to keep things secret till later down the line? I'm 14+2 now and already showing a bit (but can pass for just a bit fatter than my usual lol) and I wasn't wanting to tell anyone till Christmas, but I'll see them 2-3 times before then at varying stages, the most being around 22 weeks. I know everyone shows differently, but do we think there is any hope of me still hiding it then or will it be painstakingly obvious? :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 1
Has anyone managed to keep things secret till later down the line? I'm 14+2 now and already showing a bit (but can pass for just a bit fatter than my usual lol) and I wasn't wanting to tell anyone till Christmas, but I'll see them 2-3 times before then at varying stages, the most being around 22 weeks. I know everyone shows differently, but do we think there is any hope of me still hiding it then or will it be painstakingly obvious? :ROFLMAO:
I told family at 14 weeks (no one guessed), friends at about 17 weeks (no one could tell until we'd told them), and work I didn't tell until 20 weeks. Baggy jumpers can work wonders haha.

Reactions: 2
I had a dream last night that i kept getting labour pains and then started bleeding purple blood and when I called the hospital the midwife said "oh yes the purple blood means baby is coming now you better come in" 😂😂😂

36 week growth scan and baby is bang on 50th centile which is great given the GD. Their head is on like the 70th or something poor little alien head! 👽 definitely from my husband’s side! she always flicks it to 3D view and we got the cutest little side profile pic of them pouting. She wants to see me again in two weeks as there is a slight inflammation in one of baby’s kidneys - likely a little blockage or infection. She said not to stress as they often self correct she just wants to prepare my consultant if she can still see it at 38w so that they can be ready to ultrasound or treat with antibiotics. She thinks it’s unlikely that my consultant will want me to go overdue at all (absolutely fine by me!), and I feel quite reassured that even if we go down the induction route, being private will make a huge difference as a lot of the horror stories seem to come from waiting around for days on end for a bed etc. I was feeling pretty calm and collected about Labour until I just did my first attempt at perineal massage - OUCH 😐😐
My little man had that thing with the kidneys show on his scan, when he was newborn they scanned his kidneys and nothing was needed to be done xx

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.