Pregnancy #26 Sponsored by Beryl and Keith

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If it helps, we only have one set of stairs but they are seriously unsafe mid century open stairs with no backs that would never pass building regs these days but our toddler is steady as anything on them and she's just learnt to be really careful! We didn't even get stairgates, we have just taught her from as soon as she could crawl that she always had to have someone with her to go up or down and she's never even tried to do it on her own.
That's reassuring - a friend of ours has stairs like that and I hate them. Don't know why but I have these weird uneasiness whenever I'm at her house and have to go up and down them so your toddler is already better than me!
Stair gates are overrated - my Houdini child could open them by the time she was 2. We therefore just taught her how to ‘bottom bump’ down the stairs so she could do them by herself and it seemed much safer. I honestly wouldn’t worry! X
I think that's what we'll have to do. I love our house but I think we'd need 20 (I mean, we have 2 sets of stairs in our freaking garden. Why?!). I think whoever built this house was on one when they designed it 😂 said to my husband I'm going to buy crash mats...and I'm only half joking :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 1
Omg I’m genuinely rolling out of bed at 2:30pm 😭 37 weeks pregnancy tiredness is next level 🥴🥴🥴

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Hey ladies, I had my 12 week scan today and oh my gosh how amazing!! Baby was literally bouncing around all over the place and wouldn’t sit still 🤣 after all these weeks of worry I finally feel more settled! So emotional ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Hi everyone! My little boy is 11 days old now and what a rollercoaster it’s been. Im feeling all the things and wondered if it’s normal to get anxious about having visitors? I have social anxiety anyway 😂 but the thought of people coming outside my family is making me upset and I’ve no idea why. Our boy is perfect, I don’t give a crap what the house looks like, we’ve waited 10 years to be blessed with him but im veering from feeling like I won’t be able to cope when OH goes back to work on Monday to feeling completely overwhelmed by being responsible for a mini human. Can anyone relate?
Also my birth story is incredibly short 😂 period like pain for 2 days culminating in latent phase contractions. Went to hospital figuring I’d be 3cm min and I was 1cm.. but baby’s heart beat was in the 190’s and wouldn’t stabilise resulting in an emergency c-section within an hour of visiting triage. For anyone worrying about c-sections, my experience was incredibly positive and calm ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Well I have an induction booked for a miserable 12 days over due next week ☹ I’m seriously hoping she arrives before then but the midwife said we’re not ready yet 😭 I’ve demolished a massive bar of chocolate and sulked for a bit. Feeling so disheartened.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Well I have an induction booked for a miserable 12 days over due next week ☹ I’m seriously hoping she arrives before then but the midwife said we’re not ready yet 😭 I’ve demolished a massive bar of chocolate and sulked for a bit. Feeling so disheartened.
Why is an induction so bad? Sorry haven’t a clue about any of this stuff 😭

Why is an induction so bad? Sorry haven’t a clue about any of this stuff 😭
Sometimes they take ages and most people would rather not have to stay in the induction bay for days. Equally, I had an induction with my daughter and it was a really positive experience for me

Reactions: 4
I'm sorry you're feeling so disheartened, I felt the exact same when I was booked for induction (I basically sobbed for about 3 hours until my husband dragged me out of the house and made me walk up a mountain haha).
Really hoping baby decides to show up of their own accord before then, but if they don't you will smash the induction and you'll get to meet your baby soon!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I'm sorry you're feeling so disheartened, I felt the exact same when I was booked for induction (I basically sobbed for about 3 hours until my husband dragged me out of the house and made me walk up a mountain haha).
Really hoping baby decides to show up of their own accord before then, but if they don't you will smash the induction and you'll get to meet your baby soon!
Thank you ❤ Hopefully things get going before then 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

Is anyone here on Peanut? Every time I open it up at the minute it's filled with women posting about fairly serious issues (bleeding/reduced movement etc.) or repeating incorrect or outdated advice and it makes me wonder what kind of advice/care they're getting.

Last night I saw one woman posting about having reduced movement - 'Is it 35 weeks when movements are supposed to reduce?'. Just looked now and there's a woman with no movement AND bleeding for 2 days. 🤯

Anyway, I know that's an entirely pointless rant and I'm not trying to shame them, I'm just concerned. I'm not even sure why I came here to say it, I'm just bored and cranky 😂 I've got 7 weeks left at work and I've already hit the 'can't be arsed' vibe. I want to reply to every email and meeting request with 'I don't care' :rolleyes:

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Hi everyone! My little boy is 11 days old now and what a rollercoaster it’s been. Im feeling all the things and wondered if it’s normal to get anxious about having visitors? I have social anxiety anyway 😂 but the thought of people coming outside my family is making me upset and I’ve no idea why. Our boy is perfect, I don’t give a crap what the house looks like, we’ve waited 10 years to be blessed with him but im veering from feeling like I won’t be able to cope when OH goes back to work on Monday to feeling completely overwhelmed by being responsible for a mini human. Can anyone relate?
Also my birth story is incredibly short 😂 period like pain for 2 days culminating in latent phase contractions. Went to hospital figuring I’d be 3cm min and I was 1cm.. but baby’s heart beat was in the 190’s and wouldn’t stabilise resulting in an emergency c-section within an hour of visiting triage. For anyone worrying about c-sections, my experience was incredibly positive and calm ❤
I was anxious too. All I can say is do what makes you happy, don't worry about anyone else. I was bullied into accepting visitors at all hours every day and it really affected me negatively, I certainly will not be doing the same this time. Don't be afraid to stand your ground and protect your own self ❤

I haven't started buying so can't really offer any help in that respect but if it helps at all I had a slight (major!) emotional breakdown last night in the middle of the kitchen because I was walking around the house and suddenly realised how much glass and freaking sets of stairs we have (I know, first world problems). Literally started freaking about a child running around the house, into glass or down stairs and how unprepared we are - my poor husband didn't have a clue what do with me and just kind of stood there like he was planning his escape.... I'm not particularly close to my mum/family either and my mother in law (who I looooove) lives in the US so not able to help either. So, if you ever need someone equally unprepared to freak out with, I'm your girl! But I'm sure we'll both get there in the end!
Honestly, our house isn’t massively child proof, we have a stair gate at the top of the stairs, but haven’t had one at the bottom for months, and our youngest is 2. If you teach baby when they’re old enough not to touch and how to get up and down by stairs safely, I generally find they just get used to it. Other peoples houses though… my mums is so unchild friendly (not a word, but too tired to think) so I panic when we’re round there.

I’ve been there twice, and I honestly understand how miserable you’re feeling 😭 it’s just so uncomfortable and you just want baby out. Just think though, next weekend, your baby will be here!!

@Trombolese definitely recommend the Amazon giftlist. It comes with sections and prompts / ideas what you will need. You also get 20% completion discount on most things and it’s so easy to share with friends and family xxx

• Heart
@Trombolese I feel the same as you 😊 it’s all beginning to feel more real now that I’ve hit my 20 week mark. I’m also a first time mum and already get overwhelmed when making choices - I’ll research loads of options before deciding on a final one. It’s good in some aspects (like impulse buying) but not so good in others.
I think lots of posters have given great tips, I’ll be taking them on board and hopefully things will feel less daunting for us both!

• Heart
@Trombolese I’d also say for me the stress lifted when I let myself just spend the money and enjoy the experience of buying nice things for my first baby. It doesn’t always have to be a good deal or perfect just buy what you like sometimes.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Is anyone here on Peanut? Every time I open it up at the minute it's filled with women posting about fairly serious issues (bleeding/reduced movement etc.) or repeating incorrect or outdated advice and it makes me wonder what kind of advice/care they're getting.

Last night I saw one woman posting about having reduced movement - 'Is it 35 weeks when movements are supposed to reduce?'. Just looked now and there's a woman with no movement AND bleeding for 2 days. 🤯

Anyway, I know that's an entirely pointless rant and I'm not trying to shame them, I'm just concerned. I'm not even sure why I came here to say it, I'm just bored and cranky 😂 I've got 7 weeks left at work and I've already hit the 'can't be arsed' vibe. I want to reply to every email and meeting request with 'I don't care' :rolleyes:
I deleted it because of this exact reason. I was either comparing myself with people saying their first baby had booted them at 15 weeks or people making me super anxious about symptoms etc.
It’s a bit like the Flo secret chats if you’ve been on them, a good idea but super triggering.

Reactions: 6
Has anyone had preeclampsia? Can you explain your symptoms if so? I’m not sure if I’m just overreacting because I had a trace of protein in my urine at my midwife appointment last week but she wasn’t concerned and said to drink lots to flush it out?. I keep getting headaches, I’ve always been a headachey person anyway. But it goes away after taking paracetamol and it’s not overly bad if that makes sense. No other symptoms but I guess knowing I had protein in my urine is making me overthink it. I’ve tried calling my midwife but no answer as of yet 😩
Yes I did- protein in urine and high blood pressure, major swelling of my face, hands and wrists, feet and legs. Had zero energy, bubbles in urine. Hope you’re ok and hopefully you won’t have it 🤞

I deleted it because of this exact reason. I was either comparing myself with people saying their first baby had booted them at 15 weeks or people making me super anxious about symptoms etc.
It’s a bit like the Flo secret chats if you’ve been on them, a good idea but super triggering.
Oh I deleted Flo as soon as I got pregnant. I couldn’t keep reading some of their traumatic stories.
Luckily I don’t find Peanut triggering, but I’m just worried about some of these women who seem to have been given terrible advice or just a lack of support.

Oh I deleted Flo as soon as I got pregnant. I couldn’t keep reading some of their traumatic stories.
Luckily I don’t find Peanut triggering, but I’m just worried about some of these women who seem to have been given terrible advice or just a lack of support.
It's the bad advice on all these forums that annoys me going against advice where they end it with "Well I did and my baby was fine"
Worst one was one woman with massively reduced movements and several people were telling her she doesn't need to get it checked because "Their baby was fine" and then several days later she came back saying she went in after days of not feeling because it was on her mind and they couldn't find a heartbeat.

All the ones that are "Well I smoked and my baby was fine" "I drank and my baby was fine" they all annoy me 😑 the advice is there for a reason. One baby might be fine by luck. Doesn't mean every baby will.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.