Pregnancy #26 Sponsored by Beryl and Keith

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m in for an induction tomorrow using the gel feeling super nervous I’m not gonna sleep and really hope I can get some kinda rest 🙈🙈 my second baby but on first I had a sweep n went straight into labour

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m in for an induction tomorrow using the gel feeling super nervous I’m not gonna sleep and really hope I can get some kinda rest 🙈🙈 my second baby but on first I had a sweep n went straight into labour
Good luck! If I am induced my consultant will use the gel first (I’m under private care and she said that all of the obstetricians there choose it as their primary method to induce - I felt pretty reassured by that!) so hopefully it works quickly for you and your baby is in your arms very very soon!!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Thanks guys. Had another little panicked cry again thinking about it all. I did consider whether I just ask for a c section but for some reason i feel guilty for asking just because I’m afraid to have a finger up my froo 🙄 which I know is silly because I’m normally so pro choice in that respect and would never ever shame another woman for having one, but there’s a voice my head that says I should only have one if it’s absolutely medically necessary otherwise it’s a cop out. And I know that’s ridiculous 🙈

I’m going to call the mental health midwife tomorrow and just ask when I’m seeing a consultant and when I can make a proper plan and ask questions. She didn’t seem sure last time I saw her but I’m just going to push and say I really need time to start planning and getting my head around it all. I can’t believe I got to 30 weeks before it was even mentioned and even then it was just kinda dropped in while she wrote a prescription.
Don't feel guilty for making the choice that is best for you! A C-section is absolutely not a cop-out, it comes with its own challenges and things to think about - if you feel more comfortable with facing those challenges than those that come with a vaginal birth, don't ever feel bad or lesser for it. Don't force yourself through procedures that you're psychologically averse to just because you feel like you should ❤

Reactions: 7
Good luck! If I am induced my consultant will use the gel first (I’m under private care and she said that all of the obstetricians there choose it as their primary method to induce - I felt pretty reassured by that!) so hopefully it works quickly for you and your baby is in your arms very very soon!!
Ye I’m after tormenting myself talking to everyone I possibly know about it and feel very reassured by mostly positive stories 😅😅 my mucus plug is lost and stuff so that’s reassuring it will be over soon 🥳

Reactions: 1
Y
You are in limerick aren’t you? 😭 good luck to you lovey ❤❤

Glad I’m not the only one finding the issue with Peanut. I know a few of us here have had some worries around movement, but who goes 2-3 days with nothing and thinks to post on an app instead? Like the woman going on about how movements are SUPPOSED to reduce after 35 weeks - it literally says this isn’t true on your maternity folder 🥴🥴🥴

Anyway, just did an antenatal class on inductions since perinatal mentioned it’s likely going to be discussed for me. Totally freaked me out and now I’m having a little cry. I didn’t realise there was SO much intervention involved - I figured it was just a hormone drip. The sweep(s), the bloody tape thing they shove up there, the pessary, the hook to break waters. I feel sick and panicky just thinking about it. I can’t even put a bleeping tampon in or have a smear without having a panic attack.
They never ever do all of those things at once. Usually you have the pessary first for 24 or 48 hours, then if no progression they’ll do something else etc etc. Usually they will only break your waters if you’re in labour but not progressing. I was so freaked out like you but the actual induction process is not at all bad. The drip in a lot of hospitals is a last option as ideally they want you to go into labour with some help from the pessary or the one after that (can’t remember for the life of me what it is!) xx

edit: just remembered it’s gel I think 🤪 my brain is gone

How are the restrictions up there? 😭
Visitor from 8-8 have to attend alone but once I’m settled in a bed etc dad can come up then n hopefully I’ll be in labour n won’t have to wait more then a few hours 🤦🏽‍♀️

• Heart
Visitor from 8-8 have to attend alone but once I’m settled in a bed etc dad can come up then n hopefully I’ll be in labour n won’t have to wait more then a few hours 🤦🏽‍♀️
That is fantastic 😌 hopefully you will be in and out of there 🙏🏾

Thanks both for your reassurance ☺

My issue isn’t really around pain, I just generally struggle with idea of being examined/having procedures done down there. Like I said, I can’t use tampons, even sex can be difficult and it’s purely psychological. When I went to triage a few weeks ago they took some swabs and I literally sobbed while they did it, I don’t know why but it just sends me into meltdown.

Perinatal only really mentioned it passing tbh, but I’ve got 2 growth scans booked in and I think at some point the mental health midwife said I’ll meet a consultant so I’m assuming that’s when we’ll have a proper discussion and maybe we can figure out what bits I can say no to.
A friend of mine recommended reading “give birth like a feminist” so I downloaded the Audio book and I have found it really useful.
It’s all about understanding the ability to say no to doctors, nurses and midwives about things that you don’t
Thanks both for your reassurance ☺

My issue isn’t really around pain, I just generally struggle with idea of being examined/having procedures done down there. Like I said, I can’t use tampons, even sex can be difficult and it’s purely psychological. When I went to triage a few weeks ago they took some swabs and I literally sobbed while they did it, I don’t know why but it just sends me into meltdown.

Perinatal only really mentioned it passing tbh, but I’ve got 2 growth scans booked in and I think at some point the mental health midwife said I’ll meet a consultant so I’m assuming that’s when we’ll have a proper discussion and maybe we can figure out what bits I can say no to.
A friend of mine recommended reading “give birth like a feminist” which I downloaded the Audio book for.
It’s gives really useful information on what you can say no to and makes you Understand you can say know to doctors.nurses and midwives etc.

I have found it really informative regarding unnecessary internal exams etc so maybe you may want to give it a read or listen to, to give you some extra support and knowledge! X

Thank you who recommended the nakeddoula. I just went on and read. There are a lot of people with positive inductions on the post ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hey ladies, I had my 12 week scan today and oh my gosh how amazing!! Baby was literally bouncing around all over the place and wouldn’t sit still 🤣 after all these weeks of worry I finally feel more settled! So emotional ❤
Awh thats so so good to hear Miamae! Good to hear all is well, and good to hear you're feeling less worried :) Great way to start the weekend - congratulations! :) xx♥😘😘

• Heart
So I'm on day 5 of induction process and people asking for updates constantly is frankly pissing me off now. Does this message sound okay and not rude:

Hi, I'm sending this message to all close family not just yourself directly but please can I kindly request no more messages asking for updates and ask that you wait for myself or *partner* to update you, which we of course will if there is any exciting news to share. As a first time mum I'm finding this process a little stressful and the pressure of everyone wanting updates is starting to get to me a little. Thanks for understanding. Lots of love, GamerLlama87 xx

• Heart
Reactions: 22
So I'm on day 5 of induction process and people asking for updates constantly is frankly pissing me off now. Does this message sound okay and not rude:

Hi, I'm sending this message to all close family not just yourself directly but please can I kindly request no more messages asking for updates and ask that you wait for myself or *partner* to update you, which we of course will if there is any exciting news to share. As a first time mum I'm finding this process a little stressful and the pressure of everyone wanting updates is starting to get to me a little. Thanks for understanding. Lots of love, GamerLlama87 xx
That’s perfect! It’s annoying when people always want to be ‘the first to know’ 🙄

Pregnancy insomnia is real tonight and I keep having dreams about the birth now 😳🤣

Totally acceptable to send! Hope you’re doing ok! X

Reactions: 2

Day 5 ☹ Hopefully you get some progress soon. Must be so frustrating and the constant messages do not help.
sounds good to me, might pinch it myself 😂

Day 5 ☹ Hopefully you get some progress soon. Must be so frustrating and the constant messages do not help.
sounds good to me, might pinch it myself 😂
I'm not having a fun time, not gonna lie 😅 I knew it could be a slow process but omggg 😩 it's because I'm early, being induced at just over 38 weeks (I'm now 39 weeks today) because baby is measuring huuuge since 27 weeks! So I'm very intrigued to see what he/she actually comes out as!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I'm not having a fun time, not gonna lie 😅 I knew it could be a slow process but omggg 😩 it's because I'm early, being induced at just over 38 weeks (I'm now 39 weeks today) because baby is measuring huuuge since 27 weeks! So I'm very intrigued to see what he/she actually comes out as!
I would really love you to sign it off as “GamerLlama87” to make everyone think you’ve really lost the plot 😉 hope they make an appearance ASAP for you so you can meet your lovely little bubba. I’m *pretty* sure they won’t let you go on for much longer now you’re 39 weeks lovely xx

Reactions: 4

Mine would more be like
‘I will obviously inform you once baby is here. Kindly piss off and leave me and Mr Gamer alone while we spend our last few days on our own’
Sometimes, you have to be blunt (maybe not this blunt) my mum nearly fell out with my husband due to wanting an update every half hour even when nothing was happening. Like we weren’t going to tell her?!
Anyway, you’re doing so well being on day 5. Baby Gamer will be here soon!! X

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.