Pregnancy #26 Sponsored by Beryl and Keith

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Induction day 😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬
Hope all goes well hun! You've got this! 😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘

So I started losing my β€œplug” today. I know it doesn’t really mean anything but boy am I in a panic. I just don’t feel ready for this baby now?! Not yet. Maybe in another month or two.. but very soon? I’m scared. (I’m being induced next week I know it’s time and she’s nearly ready but the panic is something else!) I didn’t feel like this with my first… please tell me these are normal worries????
It's so normal hun! I was the exact same!!! I knew he had to come out soon but I kept doubting myself and kept thinking if I was ready or not! But let's face it, js anyone ready?? Haha. And il be totally honest I had a few weeks after of 'omg did I do the right thing! My life will never be the same' style panic. And no, my life won't ever be the same but jts the best thing iv ever done and I'd never, ever want to be without him.
But sometimes your mind just needs time to adjust and catch up that's all. Xxxx

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Did anyone go for an early reassurance scan? Im only 5 weeks, I found out last week I'm pregnant and this last week has been the slowest of my life :LOL: (probably due to the fact I'm also struggling to sleep!!)

I want to pay for a reassurance scan as 12 weeks seems like a lifetime away, and I'm not going to belive I'm pregnant until I see something. Do you think they'd be able to see much at 7 + 5 with an abdominal ultrasound?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hi Fishsticks - same here. I had a missed miscarriage in May and found out last Saturday I was pregnant again so rejoined this thread. I'm so so happy for you - congratulations. I'm exactly the same as you at 5+4, terrified I lose it again (it's an ivf tested embryo but who knows!) and won't feel any less anxious until my first scan at 8 weeks on 10th November. It's difficult to be as excited this time around, it has been superseded by fear πŸ˜” xxx
Hello!!! I keep testing daily and although the line is getting darker I'm so anxious. I can't shake the fear it's going to happen again. Everytime my boobs stop hurting I'm like but why arent they sore?? Everytime I stop feeling nauseous I question it. Its exhausting.

I can't get an Dr's appointment until 12th November by which I should be over 7 weeks..! Going to be agonising waiting so long to even discuss it with my doctor.

I've got all my fingers and toes crossed for you that you have a healthy 9 months, lovely! We need to keep thinking positively. ❀Xx

• Heart
Did anyone go for an early reassurance scan? Im only 5 weeks, I found out last week I'm pregnant and this last week has been the slowest of my life :LOL: (probably due to the fact I'm also struggling to sleep!!)

I want to pay for a reassurance scan as 12 weeks seems like a lifetime away, and I'm not going to belive I'm pregnant until I see something. Do you think they'd be able to see much at 7 + 5 with an abdominal ultrasound?
Hiya congrats. I went for one at about 8 weeks so 7+5 should be ok to see something x

Reactions: 1

Yes by over 7 weeks they should be able to see a heartbeat! It might have to be vaginal though. I went for one around the same gestation as you and also ended up getting another one at 10 weeks and that was amazing as he had limbs by then and was bouncing around! I had to have it vaginal at the 7 week one but by 10 weeks they could see him abdominally ❀

Yes I had one at window to the womb at exactly 8 weeks! Got the shock of my life as found out it was twins πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…. It was an internal scan though which sounds worse than it is, you don’t really feel anything. It’s like a really long thin tampon. Saw the 2 sacs, 2 alien blob things (the babiesπŸ˜‚) and 2 hearts beating away. It was worth every penny IMO and an experience I’ll never forget x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hi ladies, I think I’ve already asked this but can’t find my post. I don’t know how many weeks pregnant I am exactly but my last period was mid august. Do I need to contact my gp or hospital to book for my 12w scan? My previous 2 pregnancies I just went to my gp. Don’t know if things have now changed or not? Getting through to my drs is like pulling teeth atm πŸ™ƒ.

Hi ladies, I think I’ve already asked this but can’t find my post. I don’t know how many weeks pregnant I am exactly but my last period was mid august. Do I need to contact my gp or hospital to book for my 12w scan? My previous 2 pregnancies I just went to my gp. Don’t know if things have now changed or not? Getting through to my drs is like pulling teeth atm πŸ™ƒ.
Every trust is different but start by calling your GP and they’ll either refer you or send you a link to an online form to self refer yourself to a midwife. You could even Google midwife self referral in your area and see if a form comes up if you’re struggling to get through?

Yep, I has one at 6 weeks at EPU when I discovered it was twins. Paid for one at 7 weeks, had a follow up viability one at 8 weeks at EPU. Paid for one at 10 weeks as I was convinced it was a phantom twin pregnancy. Had my 12 week scan and Paid for another at 15 weeks for reassurance and gender.
I don't make a very good paitent! And I was a neurotic mess the moment I found out it was twins. (Still am now they're here tbh) The 6 7 & 8 week scans were all transvaginal to get the best view.

Hello!!! I keep testing daily and although the line is getting darker I'm so anxious. I can't shake the fear it's going to happen again. Everytime my boobs stop hurting I'm like but why arent they sore?? Everytime I stop feeling nauseous I question it. Its exhausting.

I can't get an Dr's appointment until 12th November by which I should be over 7 weeks..! Going to be agonising waiting so long to even discuss it with my doctor.

I've got all my fingers and toes crossed for you that you have a healthy 9 months, lovely! We need to keep thinking positively. ❀Xx
Yes, positive vibes only πŸ₯° scared to get attached just incase πŸ˜” naturally got my guard up I think, you're probably the same. As much as I want to be obsessed with this baby again I just can't atm :(

Same here - no nausea yet which I'm not too worried about but my hcg was doubling every 29 hours (360 to 1969 in 3 days) so I'm surprised I'm not feeling sick yet πŸ₯΄

Omg the sore boobs thing, I do a cheeky grab at least 5 times a day (πŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ) and relieved when they still hurt πŸ™ŠπŸ™ŠI remember the exact day they stopped feeling sore and the consultant pin pointed the baby had stopped growing at that exact point (8.5 weeks) 😲

Take care and good luck for your Drs appointment - you could always pay for a private scan if you can't hang in much longer than that xx

Search "Maternity services" and your area in Google and they may have a self refer. But if not, call your GP and they'll direct you to the right place 😊

I had a scan at 6+2 as I’m type 1 diabetic and could see a heartbeat.

Hey all, hope you're all getting on well in your pregnancies. Thought I'd hop on as I'm currently 9+2 with my third pregnancy (miscarriage + my beautiful 2 year old prior).

Just wondering if anyone here has any experience with an ectropian cervix and spotting? Driving myself a bit nuts as I started getting brown spotting on and off almost two weeks ago now. I went to the EPU on Saturday and they spotted an ectropian, but since then the brown is there almost every time I go to the loo and this morning was pink.
It's hard to know what to react to as "bad" now I've got this diagnosis really πŸ₯΄

Hi, yes I did. I had a missed miscarriage in May, and then weeks after the medical management route I was still bleeding afterwards and went to the GP and they diagnosed me with this.

It actually cleared up on its own, pretty quickly, and luckily for me it must have gone before I fell pregnant again as I have had no bleeding.

I would say if you are worried contact your EPU. It’s so difficult to have a pregnancy after a loss. I’m actually really struggling at 15 weeks to even feel like everything is OK this time. I still expect the worst and I can’t settle.

Congratulations on your pregnancy 🌈 xxx

• Heart

Hey Rainbow 🌈 I'm 5+4 and time is going soooo slowly atm until my viability scan at 8 weeks. Any clues on how to speed it up would be grateful, work isnt even helping and it's busy at the office just now πŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ₯΄ xx

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.