Pregnancy #26 Sponsored by Beryl and Keith

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When I had my back pain, I rang the midwife advice line, and they said I can have deep heat and then the doctor later prescribed me with codeine. I also lived off paracetamol and hot water bottles
How much paracetamol can we have? I think I’ve pulled a muscle somehow cause it feels like doms - distant memory now!

I know most of you are quite far along now, but do you remember when you stopped testing? Its become a habit in a morning just in case... not sure if it's normal behaviour. 🤣I think I'm going to have to get my husband to confiscate all the tests soon. 😬😳
The 2 tests in the pack are sufficient. And a reassurance scan at 8/9 weeks 😊 save your money tests aren’t cheap

Reactions: 1
Hey everyone!
Haven't caught up with the thread yet, but just reporting in to let you know LongishKitten was born yesterday at 4 pm! 😍

I went in for induction Thursday night, they placed some tampony thing around 10 pm. My water broke at 4 am and then contractions started as well. By 8 am dilation wasn't really going fast (but contractions every 5 mins), so they put me on a drip. I also went for an epidural and omg I'm so happy I did. Don't know if I would've pulled through without one.
Somewhere in the afternoon I suddenly dilated from 4 to 9 cm quite quickly and tbh, I was getting kinda scared about giving birth.
I started pushing around 3:30 pm and she was born 30 mins later, which is pretty fast for a first I've been told. I just really wanted her out there 😆 I have a small tear, but the gynaecologist was able to stitch it up nicely and doesn't expect any issues to heal.

She's absolutely gorgeous and at the moment a pretty relaxed baby. First night with the three of us went relatively good (slept about 4 to 5 hours total). Hope she keeps it that way. Mr LongishCat and I are absolutely besotted 🥰
Also started breastfeeding and it's not easy, but we're getting the hang of it.

So all in all, pretty good birth experience ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Hey everyone!
Haven't caught up with the thread yet, but just reporting in to let you know LongishKitten was born yesterday at 4 pm! 😍

I went in for induction Thursday night, they placed some tampony thing around 10 pm. My water broke at 4 am and then contractions started as well. By 8 am dilation wasn't really going fast (but contractions every 5 mins), so they put me on a drip. I also went for an epidural and omg I'm so happy I did. Don't know if I would've pulled through without one.
Somewhere in the afternoon I suddenly dilated from 4 to 9 cm quite quickly and tbh, I was getting kinda scared about giving birth.
I started pushing around 3:30 pm and she was born 30 mins later, which is pretty fast for a first I've been told. I just really wanted her out there 😆 I have a small tear, but the gynaecologist was able to stitch it up nicely and doesn't expect any issues to heal.

She's absolutely gorgeous and at the moment a pretty relaxed baby. First night with the three of us went relatively good (slept about 4 to 5 hours total). Hope she keeps it that way. Mr LongishCat and I are absolutely besotted 🥰

So pleased for you ❤❤❤

• Heart
Aw congratulations @LongishCat, LongishKitten has such a cute ring to it!! Look forward to hearing all about your journey and what we have to look forward to 🙂 Good luck with the sleep and breast feeding.

• Heart
Hey everyone!

Congratulations xx

• Heart
Hey everyone!

Congratulations ❤❤

• Heart
Morning, can anyone give any advice on what I can do for back pain? I had 5 hours of makeup appointments yesterday and a 3 hours of stop start driving home and I’m in agony every time I move 😭 I’d normally dose up on deep heat and ibuprofen but obviously can’t now
I use a microwave wheat bag as well as a hot water bottle (depending on where the pain is).

Awww congratulations @LongishCat!! Enjoy all the newborn snuggles. That sounds like a really positive story, hope your recovery is smooth x

38w scan this morning shows baby still has some slight swelling of their left kidney - hasn’t got any worse in the last two weeks which is a good thing. Bladder looks normal so it’s just a case of having a paediatrician come and check baby over when they’re born and theyll decide the course of action - could need nothing at all, could need scans / antibiotics or worst case an op down the road but we just won’t know until they’re here so I am not dwelling on it. Instead focusing on how thorough the care and the technology is! It does mean that combined with GD they don’t want me to go over too much so if there are no real signs of early Labour by my due date they’ll induce me which I am fine with in all honesty. I’ve been so fortunate to have private care through my work insurance that the induction process isn’t feeling so daunting - no waiting around for days on end for beds etc. I’m going to have a sweep next week at 39w and see if things can get moving on their own before that but it will be what it will be. I’ve kind of accepted I’ll be induced so anything earlier or going naturally will be a bonus. A few curries and some bouncing on the ball on the cards this week and next I guess!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hey everyone!

Congratulations to the longcats Family! 💗💗

How much paracetamol can we have? I think I’ve pulled a muscle somehow cause it feels like doms - distant memory now!
Yer, normal amount I’m afraid, every 4 hours 😭 honestly feel your pain. My back has got worse with each pregnancy, which is fun!

• Heart
Hey everyone!

Oh bless you, so so pleased for you! I bet she is so cute 😍

• Heart
Hey everyone!

Huge congratulations lovely lady! So glad you had a positive experience. Enjoy all of those lovely newborn cuddles 🥰 xxx

• Heart
Hey everyone!

Aww wonderful news!! Welcome to the world little one! Glad you’re all doing ok 💖

• Heart
Hey everyone!

Congratulations! 😍 glad you had a good experience too! ❤

• Heart
Hey everyone!

Ahh congratulations to you all!!! Xxxxx

• Heart
Awww congratulations @LongishCat!! Enjoy all the newborn snuggles. That sounds like a really positive story, hope your recovery is smooth x

38w scan this morning shows baby still has some slight swelling of their left kidney - hasn’t got any worse in the last two weeks which is a good thing. Bladder looks normal so it’s just a case of having a paediatrician come and check baby over when they’re born and theyll decide the course of action - could need nothing at all, could need scans / antibiotics or worst case an op down the road but we just won’t know until they’re here so I am not dwelling on it. Instead focusing on how thorough the care and the technology is! It does mean that combined with GD they don’t want me to go over too much so if there are no real signs of early Labour by my due date they’ll induce me which I am fine with in all honesty. I’ve been so fortunate to have private care through my work insurance that the induction process isn’t feeling so daunting - no waiting around for days on end for beds etc. I’m going to have a sweep next week at 39w and see if things can get moving on their own before that but it will be what it will be. I’ve kind of accepted I’ll be induced so anything earlier or going naturally will be a bonus. A few curries and some bouncing on the ball on the cards this week and next I guess!
Actually, I think this was the one positive about having GD, they didn't want me to go overdue (by a lot) and I was so ready with being pregnant and she wasn't showing interest in leaving my womb 😅
Babygirl was born on 40+1, but if she had had her way, I'd probably still be pregnant at 50 weeks.
Hope the kidney won't be too much of an issue!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Hey everyone!

Yay congratulations 💕

• Heart
Congrats @LongishCat ! ❤

Anyone else just feel absolutely wiped out some days? I have spent the entirety of today horizontal either on the sofa or in bed. Even the idea of sorting dinner out just makes me want to weep, I feel absolutely drained of all life force…

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.