Pregnancy #26 Sponsored by Beryl and Keith

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Our local trust routinely scans you at around 6 weeks if you've had a previous ectopic. This morning we saw our tiny baby and everything looks perfect for 6+2! So delighted. ❤ They did say I have a 5cm cyst on my right ovary though which has worried me, they said they'll check at the next scan that it's got smaller but to call if I have pain in the meantime. Did anyone else have this?!
Do not worry about this! I have always had cysts and sometimes they disappear on their own accord. Interestingly enough I don’t have any on my own ovaries during this pregnancy but my baby has! They take me in every 2 weeks to scan me to see if it growing etc but they say it’s nothing to worry about! The next time they will probably check it so see what kind of cyst it is and has it got a blood supply etc

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Hi everyone.... I'm back! 🤰🏼

Not sure if anyone remembers me but I was on this thread back in April but then I had a missed miscarriage at 9 weeks: no heartbeat 💔 ended up being a chromosome issue (an extra copy of chromosome 15).

Anyways, I've been doing back to back rounds of ivf and finally made another embryo to transfer - got my positive pregnancy blood test on Saturday and another today, which showed my hcg has quadrupled rather than doubled 🥰

As it was ivf, the embryo was genetically tested so my fertility consultant knows the gender already (4+5) but partner is keeping it sensible and we will find out a the 7 week viability scan if I make it and all ok. He's right, I'd get so attached so best not know just yet.

Hope you're all having a good week so far 😘 xx

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Hi everyone.... I'm back! 🤰🏼

Not sure if anyone remembers me but I was on this thread back in April but then I had a missed miscarriage at 9 weeks: no heartbeat 💔 ended up being a chromosome issue (an extra copy of chromosome 15).

Anyways, I've been doing back to back rounds of ivf and finally made another embryo to transfer - got my positive pregnancy blood test on Saturday and another today, which showed my hcg has quadrupled rather than doubled 🥰

As it was ivf, the embryo was genetically tested so my fertility consultant knows the gender already (4+5) but partner is keeping it sensible and we will find out a the 7 week viability scan if I make it and all ok. He's right, I'd get so attached so best not know just yet.

Hope you're all having a good week so far 😘 xx
I remember you! Congratulations, lovely to have you back! Sending all the good vibes for this baby ❤❤❤

Having a rubbish morning. After an awful day last week actually vomiting properly for the first time, it had started to ease over the rest of the week and I was really hopeful the nausea was finally going to dissipate like they tell you it usually does in trimester 2. But apparently no such luck, back to vomiting again today and I just don't know what the difference is :( It's just getting me down so much now, you keep on with the hope it will go like they tell you, but I'm nearly 15 weeks now and it's worse than it was if anything. I wouldn't mind if I could be sick and the feeling would go, but it's just awful nausea 24/7 and I've just had enough :(

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
I remember you! Congratulations, lovely to have you back! Sending all the good vibes for this baby ❤❤❤
Thank you Daisy, I'm absolutely terrified if I'm honest. Should be ok with a tested embryo but honestly who knows!

Also very shocked - I had no idea, zero symptoms this time (usually I get sore boobs but they only arrived just a few days ago).

Hope you're well 😍 xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Having a rubbish morning. After an awful day last week actually vomiting properly for the first time, it had started to ease over the rest of the week and I was really hopeful the nausea was finally going to dissipate like they tell you it usually does in trimester 2. But apparently no such luck, back to vomiting again today and I just don't know what the difference is :( It's just getting me down so much now, you keep on with the hope it will go like they tell you, but I'm nearly 15 weeks now and it's worse than it was if anything. I wouldn't mind if I could be sick and the feeling would go, but it's just awful nausea 24/7 and I've just had enough :(
I feel you, it’s so hard and even worse when you don’t get relief from vomiting. I am 35 weeks and still feel nauseous in the mornings but the all day sickness stopped at about 25 weeks or so. You need to try and find something that helps as you might find something and it’s different for everyone- with my first pregnancy, the smell of citrus really helped and lots of raw veg such as peppers and cucumbers, and I ate a lot of margarita pizza as that’s all I could stomach. This time round I found I just needed to eat all the time and as long as I kept snacking (little at a time) it kept the sickness at bay.

My latest complaint is how bloody hot I am all the time! I was roasting in summer so desperate for the winter, but my MIL is some sort of cold blooded reptile who wants the heating up at what feels like 30 degrees and it’s her house so I feel like I can’t ask for it to go down. When I have adjusted the thermostat she just puts it back and complains how cold she is 😩 my husband likes it warm as well. Surely they can just put a jumper on but I can’t take off my own skin!! Or get rid of the 50% extra blood volume I have! I’m sitting in my bedroom in just a T-shirt and pants with the window open and still feel like I’m going to pass out. I can feel the heat off the radiator from across the room and they’re actually too hot to touch

• Sad
  • Heart
Have you asked your doctor to prescribe something? You might need some anti-emetics to get you through.

Have you asked your doctor to prescribe something? You might need some anti-emetics to get you through.
No I was clinging to the fact everyone keeps telling me it will go tbh lol. I have my 16 week appt in a week or so, I'll ask my midwife then if she would recommend it and if so I'll try and get into the GP - although that is like drawing blood from a stone lol.

No I was clinging to the fact everyone keeps telling me it will go tbh lol. I have my 16 week appt in a week or so, I'll ask my midwife then if she would recommend it and if so I'll try and get into the GP - although that is like drawing blood from a stone lol.
Fingers crossed it goes. Mine started easing when I hit 12 weeks. Just over 13 weeks now and it seems to be gone apart from when I first wake up - no movement for a good 10 minutes if I want it to go, but there is literally nothing worse than it. Hope it eases soon!

• Heart
Our local trust routinely scans you at around 6 weeks if you've had a previous ectopic. This morning we saw our tiny baby and everything looks perfect for 6+2! So delighted. ❤ They did say I have a 5cm cyst on my right ovary though which has worried me, they said they'll check at the next scan that it's got smaller but to call if I have pain in the meantime. Did anyone else have this?!
Apparently when you release an egg, a cyst forms anyway and then it usually disappears or it can stick about but it’s usually harmless.

I had one at 6w+ too, it was gone by the next scan 😊

• Heart
Apparently when you release an egg, a cyst forms anyway and then it usually disappears or it can stick about but it’s usually harmless.

I had one at 6w+ too, it was gone by the next scan 😊
That's good! I've done a bit more reading and feel totally reassured now. 😊 I feel like every appointment is some sort of lesson, I feel like I don't quite speak this language yet. 😂

That's good! I've done a bit more reading and feel totally reassured now. 😊 I feel like every appointment is some sort of lesson, I feel like I don't quite speak this language yet. 😂
It’s a heavy ride. My advice is don’t google a damn thing, ask your midwife and he/she only! 😂

• Haha
I still felt dreadful at 15 weeks and also quite demoralised that it hadn't improved, whereas I'd managed to stay quite buoyant through first trimester even with all the symptoms.

I'm now 18+1 and feeling great. Most days in the last two weeks have been fine.

I can't guarantee it will be the same for you but I after a couple of weeks of respite I've forgotten all about the grimness of the last 3-4 months 😁 I hope you get the same soon xx

• Heart
Just wanted to get some reassurance.. I'm 25+3 and up until Monday baby has been very very active, constantly kicking and moving every single day without fail. Movement was all normal Sunday. I had a bit of a lazy day Monday just lay around on my day off but noticed I didn't feel much movement at all which I thought was strange, even Monday night when I was lying down. Now I'm trying not to panic as i had a scan last Mon at 24w and all was well and I do have an anterior low placenta so I'm thinking maybe baby has moved position or my placenta has started to move up (if so thank god as C Section was possibility if it didn't) and is blocking some of her movement.
I didn't want to call hospital today as this is my first and I don't want to be that person who is pestering them when they are busy enough but if I don't feel anything by this evening I'm wondering if I should for my own peace of mind. I haven't had any other symptoms like bleeding or pain etc.

Has anyone else had this and all was OK
I was with my midwife yesterday and she reiterated to me if I notice a lack of movement to take a cold sugary drink, lie on my left side and see if this helps. If nothing then she said to call them to come in, they would rather see you 10 times than you be afraid to pester them.
And also movements aren't usually consistent until 30 weeks but I was the same, you def just notice a difference in the amount.

Thanks for the advice everyone, I've had a cold can of normal coke but nothing so called the hospital and want me to come in for a check today so fingers crossed she's just moved and I can't feel her!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’ve got my 12 week scan on Thursday and I honestly feel so sick with nerves 😭 Just hoping that everything is all as it should be! 🤞

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’ve got my 12 week scan on Thursday and I honestly feel so sick with nerves 😭 Just hoping that everything is all as it should be! 🤞
Awh I totally understand. Have u had a 7 week one? Did it go ok? I'm terrified of mine after a bad experience xx

• Heart
Awh I totally understand. Have u had a 7 week one? Did it go ok? I'm terrified of mine after a bad experience xx
I had a 6 week one and it was twins, I went back a week later and one twin had reabsorbed so just the one little babe now! Which is what I think is fuelling my anxiety, I’m scared of something else being wrong with this little one xx

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Has anyone had any experience of being prescribed stronger pain in pregnancy? I’ve been on to 111 today as I thought I pulled my neck/back yesterday but they think it’s repetitive strain injury from bad posture, I’m waiting on my GP to ring me this afternoon as they said I should have some time off work, and maybe some physio. But I’m in absolute agony and paracetamol isn’t doing much 😢😩

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.