Pregnancy #26 Sponsored by Beryl and Keith

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone find the advice on feeling hiccups very confusing? I know I shouldn’t listen to dr google but notice a lot of American advice is that you shouldn’t be feeling them after 32 weeks. Whereas UK advice is that it’s normal? 🤷‍♀️ I think I’m feeling them this evening (35 weeks). Why is everything a worry 😅
Never heard that before! Are they supposed to give up hiccuping at 32 weeks? 🧐 do they know that in there?! I’ve always felt them long past that point, and I HATE feeling the hiccup, gives me the heeby jeebies. Can’t imagine feeling two of them at it 🤪

Reactions: 6
Does anyone find the advice on feeling hiccups very confusing? I know I shouldn’t listen to dr google but notice a lot of American advice is that you shouldn’t be feeling them after 32 weeks. Whereas UK advice is that it’s normal? 🤷‍♀️ I think I’m feeling them this evening (35 weeks). Why is everything a worry 😅
I have a video from in labour of my daughter with hiccups so 😂
That's a load of rubbish.
If anything, they get more and you can feel them more.

Why would you feel them less when the baby is getting bigger 🤔

Reactions: 7
I felt them almost until 42 weeks last time, baby was totally healthy, I loved feeling hiccups, so cute 🥰

Reactions: 5
Re: hiccups- I read the other day that it’s actually a sign of good lung development as it’s the baby practising their swallowing. If I find the resource I’ll post it.

Im 37+3, and im getting an almost pinching sensation as what I would describe at the top of my cervix? It’s quite uncomfortable! I usually feel this when baby is having a good wriggle so I’m wondering if it’s his head as I know he is quite low down now!

Reactions: 2
I feel great otherwise. No temp or anything. No it's not a sweaty smell..its more cheesy according to husband. Smells much better after shower only airing twice a day after shower when we use hair dryer on it. Going to try and go and lie on bed another 3 times a day and air irt out too. It feels a bit tight and tender.
Impossible to tell over the internet, but it sounds like it just might need a bit more time in the air?! I know time is impossible when you’ve got a baby, but it’s probs worth trying to give it more air time and then get your midwife to have an in person look at it when you next see her (or sooner if it gets worse)

Impossible to tell over the internet, but it sounds like it just might need a bit more time in the air?! I know time is impossible when you’ve got a baby, but it’s probs worth trying to give it more air time and then get your midwife to have an in person look at it when you next see her (or sooner if it gets worse)
Great thanks, that's what I'm hoping. Midwife saw it yesterday a d said it'd the cleanest wound she's ever seen with staples...so.it can't have gone Pete tong that quickly! Shescoming bk tomorrow so will get it rechecked. Will definitely give it more air time though. thanks v much x

Reactions: 1
Have any of you ladies got any tips for boob rash? Noticed the other day that under my boobs is getting red and sore and smells sweaty. I’ve been washing/drying thoroughly and changing my bras more often, but I was wondering if a bit of talc might help keep the area dry?

Have any of you ladies got any tips for boob rash? Noticed the other day that under my boobs is getting red and sore and smells sweaty. I’ve been washing/drying thoroughly and changing my bras more often, but I was wondering if a bit of talc might help keep the area dry?
I have exactly the same, it’s so itchy and horrible too 😩 I use something called epimax on it as I have it for the kids eczema and it’s the only thing that stops the itchiness and does reduce the redness but I reckon talc would work too or some kind of aveeno maybe?

So I'm 19 weeks pregnant and was feeling all smug because I haven't really been affected by hormones (or so I thought) when I remember a few insane crying spells in my last pregnancy before this point.
However my toddler just hit me and I burst into tears! She was so shocked she started behaving herself right away 😂 but now I just can't seem to stop crying! It had to happen sometime I suppose.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I use asda liquid talk. It's perfect

How does anyone with more than 2 kids have the time to prepare for a third? I was just brainstorming how much I need to do before this baby arrives in about 11 weeks and I’m not even sure I’m going to fit it all in in between all the other never ending life admin 🤣 I mean practical stuff like wash clothes, wash buggies/car seats/prams/buy stuff/breathe/etc. My two are 3.5 and nearly 2 so they like to get “involved” 😅 I know it’ll get done eventually but everything is chaotic 🤣

@Definitelyme and @Jellybean093 im looking at you here, you guys are superheroes!!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
How does anyone with more than 2 kids have the time to prepare for a third? I was just brainstorming how much I need to do before this baby arrives in about 11 weeks and I’m not even sure I’m going to fit it all in in between all the other never ending life admin 🤣 I mean practical stuff like wash clothes, wash buggies/car seats/prams/buy stuff/breathe/etc. My two are 3.5 and nearly 2 so they like to get “involved” 😅 I know it’ll get done eventually but everything is chaotic 🤣

@Definitelyme and @Jellybean093 im looking at you here, you guys are superheroes!!!
Why, you got me blushing 😊
I have to say, I do not have my tit together 😂 I’ve just started back at work and nothing gets done. My dirty washing piles are high, so is the clean washing and now I’m about to add another child into the mix 😂
With the third, he just slotted in. He had no other choice. Luckily he had all his brothers hand me downs, so I wasn’t too worried about buggies/clothes etc. This one however, we’ve had to start all over again. With everything as we chucked/sold/gave to friends 🙃
I’m quite relaxed about it all, but I know as soon as I get to around 36 weeks, I’ll start panic washing everything

I put talc on after my shower and it's stopped this. Im always so hot and my boobs are the size of 2 watermelons now so that must be why

Reactions: 3

Well you gotta give up the breathing, there is no time for that 🤣

My husband was in charge of washing and sorting everything car seat related, and my parents kindly took my toddler one day the week before the baby came so I could sort everything out (big two were back at school then, thankfully. If schools had still been closed the baby would have been dressed and sleeping in a pillow case for the first 3 months 🤣)
Can you farm your two out to anyone for a day and just power through everything? Feeling overwhelmed is a constant thing with me, so I try to break things down by what’s most important and definitely has to be done and concentrate on it.

3DB1C3F7-5930-43BA-A157-E405DDE9CCE3.png

Today's advice from the Flo app.

Tomorrow: Safety Tips for Amputating Your Own Leg While Pregnant

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
You need Asda’s Little Angels Liquid talc. It’s brilliant stuff. Used it in my pregnancy and now using it on baby x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.