Pregnancy #26 Sponsored by Beryl and Keith

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi guys!
Quickly jumping on to say I had my little girl 23rd Oct after induction.
It was a very traumatic birth with me ending up in theatre straight after delivery. I won’t go into it as I really don’t want to scare any of you with the rarities that can happen during labour. However, we have come out of the other end and she was so, so worth it!!
You are in the best of best hands and I have to say, my husband and I could not be more thankful for the NHS and all of the staff for saving us both- such amazing people.
Lots of love to you all and I’ll be back soon ❤
Congratulations! Sorry to hear you didn’t get the labour you wanted, but glad you are feeling better xx

Sorry if this is a ridiculous question, but are you allowed to use hot water bottle on your back ? 😂 I’ve had a dull backache for about a week and was wondering if it will help. I’m 35+2

Hi guys!
Quickly jumping on to say I had my little girl 23rd Oct after induction.
It was a very traumatic birth with me ending up in theatre straight after delivery. I won’t go into it as I really don’t want to scare any of you with the rarities that can happen during labour. However, we have come out of the other end and she was so, so worth it!!
You are in the best of best hands and I have to say, my husband and I could not be more thankful for the NHS and all of the staff for saving us both- such amazing people.
Lots of love to you all and I’ll be back soon ❤
Congratulations!! That sounds scary :( Glad you are on the mend now XXX

Hey guys, first time posting in here. My partner and I are going to start trying for a baby next year but I’m worried about maternity pay.. I’m the breadwinner in the house (not by much) but I hear maternity pay is shocking.. something like £150 a week after 6 weeks? This worries me.. I have a mortgage and finance on my car to pay for. Is there any other help I can get financially?
I think if you want a baby you'll make it work. I'd try and save at least enough to pay your mortgage for the year if the money side of things are really concerning you. The rest you'll be able to figure out and like everyone else says when they're actually here that will be the last of your worries and they don't add that much to your monthly outgoings. You'll probably be saving on not going out/drinking as much anyway.

Considering a perfect prep machine but nervous after all the bad press they got a couple of years back. Can anyone recommend/not recommend for me?

Considering a perfect prep machine but nervous after all the bad press they got a couple of years back. Can anyone recommend/not recommend for me?
Yep. 100% recommend. Just change the filters when it tells you. My prep machine has been through 2 babies and works fine. The best piece of equipment I would ever recommend!

Reactions: 6
Has anyone else felt a bit low at week 35? I’m not quite sure what’s causing it I’ve had some insomnia recently so might just be that. I’m really excited about the baby I just feel a bit weepy not sure what’s going on x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Has anyone else felt a bit low at week 35? I’m not quite sure what’s causing it I’ve had some insomnia recently so might just be that. I’m really excited about the baby I just feel a bit weepy not sure what’s going on x
I'm 32 weeks and having moments like this. Generally I'd say I'm feeling pretty calm, but suddenly I'm reduced to tears over nothing. Usually I'll have seen something sad on TV like a breakup and then get a bit weepy imagining it for myself 😂 weirdly enough, pre pregnancy I found that I struggled to cry since being on lithium, but clearly the hormones are overpowering me!

Been for a growth scan this afternoon - predicted birth weight is currently somewhere around 9lbs 😰 she's measuring on the upper end but her tummy in particular is a bit big. I don't really understand it, but basically on all the graphs they plot out, she's on the upper line for everything and her tummy is slightly over.

Reactions: 1
I'm 32 weeks and having moments like this. Generally I'd say I'm feeling pretty calm, but suddenly I'm reduced to tears over nothing. Usually I'll have seen something sad on TV like a breakup and then get a bit weepy imagining it for myself 😂 weirdly enough, pre pregnancy I found that I struggled to cry since being on lithium, but clearly the hormones are overpowering me!

Been for a growth scan this afternoon - predicted birth weight is currently somewhere around 9lbs 😰 she's measuring on the upper end but her tummy in particular is a bit big. I don't really understand it, but basically on all the graphs they plot out, she's on the upper line for everything and her tummy is slightly over.
I feel like 8-9lbs is normal these days.
Most babies I know, born at 40 weeks or there around have been around that.
Where as years ago, it was more between 6 and 7lbs was 'normal'

Yep 🙋‍♀️. I think it’s a combination of lack of sleep, boredom from waiting and being so uncomfortable. I watched an old channel 5 program called maternity ward 24/7 earlier thinking it would help me get excited and I felt so miserable after!

• Heart
This was me last week at 36w. Lots of hormonal moments, a few really rough nights with not sleeping well and just generally starting to feel uncomfortable and fed up. I think it’s just hormones and our bodies getting ready (and for me, the back end of a cold that made me feel a bit bleh too). I’ve had a few nights of better sleep and feel much better this week but I still have occasional moments where I feel really overwhelmed emotionally. I guess the reality of the change that’s about to happen is really hitting home too, I’m just trying to ride the waves and not beat myself up too much. I’ve found reassuring my husband nothing is “wrong” so that he knows he just needs to cuddle me and be nice rather than ask questions or try and problem solve has helped too. X

• Heart
I can't shake the feeling that something's going to go wrong. I know I am so early, 5 weeks tomorrow, but I really feel like people always post their bad news and there's never usually anything on the good things in early pregnancy.

I keep testing daily to see if the line gets darker and I knowwwwww it's not always a good sign, but it's the only thing I can cling onto at the moment that puts my mind at ease.

Trying to keep myself busy and not think about it, but it's so hard!

Congratulations, @ThePidge !! Wishing you all the best xx
I know exactly how you are feeling 💖. Early stages of pregnancy are extremely difficult it’s an emotional roller coaster to say the least. I had my eldest when I was very young and looking back then I had none of the feelings I had with my youngest and now with this pregnancy. It’s a constant worry. I especially feel guilty because I wasn’t even sure if now was the right time for a third but it’s happened and both my oh and I are over the moon but I am so nervous about it especially going to the scan. I haven’t even told my drs yet. I want to go for a early reassurance scan but don’t want the internal 😔. I am sure everything will be absolutely fine for you try and keep positive💖💖.

• Heart
Yep 🙋‍♀️. I think it’s a combination of lack of sleep, boredom from waiting and being so uncomfortable. I watched an old channel 5 program called maternity ward 24/7 earlier thinking it would help me get excited and I felt so miserable after!
The lack of sleep thing is awful I’m one of those ten hours a night type people 😂 god knows how im going to be with a baby! I’ve ended up using the tens machine on my legs to stop the restless legs and got a two hour nap in thank the lord!! How have a not heard of maternity ward 24/7

This was me last week at 36w. Lots of hormonal moments, a few really rough nights with not sleeping well and just generally starting to feel uncomfortable and fed up. I think it’s just hormones and our bodies getting ready (and for me, the back end of a cold that made me feel a bit bleh too). I’ve had a few nights of better sleep and feel much better this week but I still have occasional moments where I feel really overwhelmed emotionally. I guess the reality of the change that’s about to happen is really hitting home too, I’m just trying to ride the waves and not beat myself up too much. I’ve found reassuring my husband nothing is “wrong” so that he knows he just needs to cuddle me and be nice rather than ask questions or try and problem solve has helped too. X
Definitely uncomfortable and lack of sleep! Glad your getting some better sleep now makes such a difference. Your husband sounds lovely I’ve found my partner is the one person in pregnancy I haven’t wanted to punch which is good! 😂

The lack of sleep thing is awful I’m one of those ten hours a night type people 😂 god knows how im going to be with a baby! I’ve ended up using the tens machine on my legs to stop the restless legs and got a two hour nap in thank the lord!! How have a not heard of maternity ward 24/7
Newborn tiredness is different though. Give me newborn broken sleep over no sleep pregnancy!

my little boy is predicted around 9lbs too! Tummy I’ve the line. Had growth scan at 32 weeks and one yesterday at 35+1 and he is still on the top lines. Got an appointment with consultant Tuesday to see what happens next.
My work friend was induced Sunday because they said the baby was growing on the 5th centile and would be 4lbs. She was born 7lbs 1.😂

So this is my first week of working from home now I’m 28 weeks. Good grief, I’m going to end up enormous. It’s so difficult not to keep snacking now I’m so near the fridge all the time!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
So this is my first week of working from home now I’m 28 weeks. Good grief, I’m going to end up enormous. It’s so difficult not to keep snacking now I’m so near the fridge all the time!
And that’s why I gained 3 (and three quarters😱) stone in this last pregnancy. Constant snacking - mine was to keep nausea at bay. I’m pleasantly surprised how quickly it’s come of again, now I’m eating normally! So don’t worry x

Baby crazy kitten lady was born yesterday 6lb 14oz . Induction started Monday at 11pm 🙄(who needs sleep) pretty much started working straight away. 😬
i had very fast intense contractions and they took the string thing out after 7 hours having contractions every 1-2 mins. Got to labour ward. 3cm 😭 I was gutted.
They then put my on the hormone drip and wow I wasn’t in a good place. They couldn’t give me an epridural and I found it pretty tough and asked them to take me off the drip.
Little kitten born after 19 hours of labour. Currently unable to sleep on the ward, absolutely dying because it’s so fecking hot here!!!! (And checking her every 5 mins) But she is amazing and I must have cuddled and kissed her a million times. She’s a little bit whacked from the pethadine though 😂 I hope this doesn’t scare anyone, she was worth every minute and the stitches ❤ Women are amazing!!!!! Thank you for all your support x

May I just add laying on my back feels great 😂😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Baby crazy kitten lady was born yesterday 6lb 14oz . Induction started Monday at 11pm 🙄(who needs sleep) pretty much started working straight away. 😬
i had very fast intense contractions and they took the string thing out after 7 hours having contractions every 1-2 mins. Got to labour ward. 3cm 😭 I was gutted.
They then put my on the hormone drip and wow I wasn’t in a good place. They couldn’t give me an epridural and I found it pretty tough and asked them to take me off the drip.
Little kitten born after 19 hours of labour. Currently unable to sleep on the ward, absolutely dying because it’s so fecking hot here!!!! (And checking her every 5 mins) But she is amazing and I must have cuddled and kissed her a million times. She’s a little bit whacked from the pethadine though 😂 I hope this doesn’t scare anyone, she was worth every minute and the stitches ❤ Women are amazing!!!!! Thank you for all your support x

May I just add laying on my back feels great 😂😂
Congratulations xx

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.