Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

imaginedragon83

VIP Member
My partner's dad gave us a lift home from the hospital with my first, so we felt obliged to invite him in for a while. But then partner's sister showed up too (with her little boy) and suddenly we were entertaining guests as soon as we got home - I'd lost 3 pints of blood, looked and felt like death warmed up and could feel my head spinning on the spot! As soon as the door closed behind them I remember putting the baby very calmly on the changing table, popping my head into the kitchen to my partner and saying 'Please take the baby, I think I'm going to collapse', then staggering upstairs and passing out!

Lesson learned - nobody is owed a visit that early on, I'll have no qualms about being way more strict with it this time.
I've said before on here my in-laws were literally oj my doorstep waiting on us when we arrived home from hospital. They went in the living room and took the baby and left me standing (no seats free in my own living room) and had a group hug with them, the baby and my husband while I stood awkwardly looking on. MIL brought a tray of sandwiches and my BILs ate them all I didn't even get offered one 🙈🙈🙈 I think I have PTSD from that night

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 13

nurseren

VIP Member
Small potato is back!!! 😍
It’s better that he hasn’t noticed your hairless bum hole than he’s noticed a hairy bum hole!

Dorothy is a beautiful name ❤

Wish we could all give you a big hug xx
ah I’m off again as I’m a bit of a fraud aren’t I? Plus I feel like I give off massive negative energy. I just wanted to say that I love you all very much.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Crazycatlady18

VIP Member
Well I have an induction booked for a miserable 12 days over due next week ☹ I’m seriously hoping she arrives before then but the midwife said we’re not ready yet 😭 I’ve demolished a massive bar of chocolate and sulked for a bit. Feeling so disheartened.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12

SavvyBee

VIP Member
Oh lord it’s going to be a long few months once baby is here. Just tried explaining to my Nan that until baby is 2 months they recommend only 30 mins in the car seat, so going to their house will probably mean having to pull over and stop (takes 40-50 mins usually). “Thats a load of nonsense surely - why don’t you just sit in the back and hold them with the belt round both of you”. 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha

Dipdab

VIP Member
Anyone else’s hospital still got frustrating rules about birth partners staying after birth. Midwife told me today he can only stay for an hour afterwards!! Then come back next day for 4 hours in the visiting window. I don’t get why he’s allowed to be there 24/7 during labour but turfed out after. That’s when I’ll need him the most especially with 2 babies ☹. It’s really stressing me out.

• Sad
  • Heart

jackolantern

VIP Member
Just realised baby lantern is due on Easter weekend so I've spent the morning torturing my boyfriend that I think we should go for a themed name...

Oddly enough he doesn't seem keen on Bunny or Jesus, not sure why he's being so unreasonable? ;) :sick: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart

Dipdab

VIP Member
A friend messaged me the other day saying “if you could have the babies by the end of month that would be great as my only weekend free to see them is 6/7th nov” 🙃. I thought it was a joke at first! I’m secretly glad there’s no visitors allowed in hospital anymore. Couldn’t think of anything worse than being bombarded with visits whilst I’m there!

• Haha
  • Wow
My PCR has come back positive 😭😭😭 still got the headache and was sick last night. At the moment, no loss of taste, cough or temperature. So hopefully it remains that way.

• Sad
  • Heart

sodit

VIP Member
I'm still a bit freaked out. Had my 36 week appt yesterday and the midwife dead casual was like "so you've got the number for the birthing centre that you'll ring if you get labour signs X and Y any time from next week. But here's the number for if you go into labour this week, as you're under 37 weeks you'd have to come to the ward I'm afraid".
Erm pardon. I genuinely hadn't really giving going early any thought until she said that. Even though two of my mates have had their baby in week 36.
The words "this week" right freaked me. My husband gave me a quick FaceTime from work after the appt to see how it went, he was sweating when I told him what she'd said :LOL: "Oh, right. Right. Well. Um. I'm gonna nip for a haircut on my way home from work then I think".

I have absolutely no reason to think we're not still a few weeks away, but it's definitely lit a bit of a fire under us to finish some last bits.

• Heart

SonicTheSpikeyThing

Chatty Member
So I didn’t get my sweep today as my midwife was attending an emergency and the student wouldn’t do it without someone shadowing 😩 would’ve liked to have known if I was dilating after all these cramps 👀
Had a lovely chat with the student though about all my concerns regarding inductions, previous third degree tear and pain relief options. Won’t go into detail but my last birth was pretty traumatising for some reasons and she actually explained best to her knowledge without actually being there to what went wrong. Which is more than I’ve got out of anyone before and it was nice to actually chat and not feel rushed like my usual appointments. So that’s it. We’re at the finish line.
Baby feels so low down I’m feeling movements and lots of pressure at the top of my vagina??? So I’m hoping that means something but as usual it probably doesn’t 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Jellybean093

VIP Member
I’m so fed up with this pregnancy. Everything hurts. I’m struggling so much and have no energy to do anything. I took my eldest to get her covid jab earlier. The queue was 45 minutes, standing, but no one cared I’m carrying this watermelon, so now I’m out with my back and hip. Great times!

• Heart
  • Sad

majestic26

VIP Member
My partner's dad gave us a lift home from the hospital with my first, so we felt obliged to invite him in for a while. But then partner's sister showed up too (with her little boy) and suddenly we were entertaining guests as soon as we got home - I'd lost 3 pints of blood, looked and felt like death warmed up and could feel my head spinning on the spot! As soon as the door closed behind them I remember putting the baby very calmly on the changing table, popping my head into the kitchen to my partner and saying 'Please take the baby, I think I'm going to collapse', then staggering upstairs and passing out!

Lesson learned - nobody is owed a visit that early on, I'll have no qualms about being way more strict with it this time.

• Sad
  • Heart

Trombolese

Chatty Member
Thanks everyone for being so kind ❤ it made me really emotional reading through all of the responses! My plan with moving is to make a start on packing things up now, so I’ll aim to do a bit every weekend to make things a lot easier for when I’m more pregnant. Will also do the free baby classes that a lot of you have recommended, I think that will make me feel a lot better. I’ve just told my partner how I’m feeling and we are going to start looking at prams this weekend too, for some reason that feels like one of the most daunting things right now because there are about a million choices, but at least we will be making a start. I’ll just focus on getting the absolute must haves sorted out, I was just panicking that we would need absolutely everything bought for the first year of the babies life but now I realise that’s crazy 😂. You’re all the best xx

• Heart

miamae

I’ve got my 12 week scan on Thursday and I honestly feel so sick with nerves 😭 Just hoping that everything is all as it should be! 🤞

• Heart
Reactions: 10

a.pain

VIP Member
Ooh almost time for a new thread and I’m so looking forward to finally ticking ready to pop on the poll 😃😃😃 and hopefully having my baba in that thread ❤

• Heart

ktypage

For the posters looking for advice on reassurance scans: sorry I may be a bit late to the conversation! I had a MMC in November last year so with this pregnancy I had a good number of reassurance scans to help! My first was 6 weeks and 6 days and we saw a bean like baby, with a heart beat straight away using the abdominal scan! Internal scan was never needed ❤

13 days until due date 😱 where has the time gone!

I’ve had the most awful cold since Saturday night. It’s no fun at 38 weeks 😢 I will never take being able to have a lemsip and night nurse for granted ever again! I’m hoping it clears up soon as I can’t imagine labour with a chesty cough!!

• Heart

nurseren

VIP Member
Sooooo good to hear from you! We’ve all missed you so much, it’s not the same without your one liners and hearing about little potato’s antics! ❤

Her name sounds absolutely perfect, sending so much love to the potato fam! X
littlepotato has actually been surprisingly well behaved, however his new favourite hobby is to stand outside and wave at me through the ring bell 🙄 he’s just started gymnastics as somehow he went DOWN a class in swimming (how??? Just how???) and I’d love to say he’s shit but he did a spin on the double bars!!!

wait forgot that he put tissue paper in his bum cheeks and told me he was a dog. I retract my first sentence.

• Haha
  • Heart

bepobee

Just reading through all your messages in response to Trombolese and you are all the nicest people ever! ❤ Think I need to bookmark these for when I inevitably have the same panic further down the line!

• Heart