Pregnancy #26 Sponsored by Beryl and Keith

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did anyone go for an early reassurance scan? Im only 5 weeks, I found out last week I'm pregnant and this last week has been the slowest of my life :LOL: (probably due to the fact I'm also struggling to sleep!!)

I want to pay for a reassurance scan as 12 weeks seems like a lifetime away, and I'm not going to belive I'm pregnant until I see something. Do you think they'd be able to see much at 7 + 5 with an abdominal ultrasound?
Im obsessed with private scans - I have paid for them at 7 and 9 weeks (and got another booked for 11 ๐Ÿคช) I was only measuring nearly 6 weeks at my first. You could see baby on abdominal scan but she did an internal scan too so you could see better and get measurements. You could see the the heartbeat at 6 weeks. Iโ€™d recommend one if you can do it , the wait until 12 weeks is awful! โค

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Yes, positive vibes only ๐Ÿฅฐ scared to get attached just incase ๐Ÿ˜” naturally got my guard up I think, you're probably the same. As much as I want to be obsessed with this baby again I just can't atm :(

Same here - no nausea yet which I'm not too worried about but my hcg was doubling every 29 hours (360 to 1969 in 3 days) so I'm surprised I'm not feeling sick yet ๐Ÿฅด

Omg the sore boobs thing, I do a cheeky grab at least 5 times a day (๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ) and relieved when they still hurt ๐Ÿ™Š๐Ÿ™ŠI remember the exact day they stopped feeling sore and the consultant pin pointed the baby had stopped growing at that exact point (8.5 weeks) ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

Take care and good luck for your Drs appointment - you could always pay for a private scan if you can't hang in much longer than that xx
I am exactly the same and my husband is even worse. When I showed him the positive test it was more fear in his eyes than excitement. I know it's completely understandable though. It definitely helps to hear someone else is feeling the same though, just sorry we both feel like that!

I have no idea what my hcg is which is concerning me. Driving me mad that I can't get booked in for even a general apointment. So great that yours are so high though!!!

Hahahah someone at work saw me doing a cheeky boob grab and was like wtf ๐Ÿง oops!!! That's crazy that you remember that and it was the exact time. Lets hope for more sore boobs. Yaaaas.

Thanks so much lovely, sending you so much positivity! The earliest I can book in for a scan here is 7 weeks, so looking to book that this week. I'm currently almost 4.5 weeks so a little to wait yet xxx

Im obsessed with private scans - I have paid for them at 7 and 9 weeks (and got another booked for 11 ๐Ÿคช) I was only measuring nearly 6 weeks at my first. You could see baby on abdominal scan but she did an internal scan too so you could see better and get measurements. You could see the the heartbeat at 6 weeks. Iโ€™d recommend one if you can do it , the wait until 12 weeks is awful! โค
This is really good to know!! Thank you! The earliest private scan here is 7 weeks (not sure if it's the same everywhere) so looking to get that booked in ready as there's only one private clinic here. Books up so quickly!! Scared to tempt fate though.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Thanks everyone, I've booked a scan at a place that does both abdominal and internal scans just in case it's too tiny. So excited to see my jellybean and think it will put my mind at rest until the 12 week one if everything seems OK. I also want to tell my parents but don't dare to until I see its heart beating.

Hey Rainbow ๐ŸŒˆ I'm 5+4 and time is going soooo slowly atm until my viability scan at 8 weeks. Any clues on how to speed it up would be grateful, work isnt even helping and it's busy at the office just now ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿฅด xx
Great to see someone around the same dates as me! Congratulations! I know, time is dragging, I'm getting so distracted at work thinking about it all. It doesn't help that my nights are so long too as I've not been sleeping at all. Let's hope time speeds up for us soon or it'll be a long pregnancy ๐Ÿ˜…

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I wouldnโ€™t mind a early reassurance scan but I am terrified of the internal scan. I had one with the pregnancy I lost and I swear that had something to do with because they were so rough. What are the chances of them doing abdominal scan at around 8-10 weeks? I have no idea how many weeks I am Iโ€™m just guessing from last date of my period.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Has anyone ever done one of those at-home gender prediction blood test kits? The one where you just prick your finger, send it to a lab and they tell you what you're having?

• Wow
I wouldnโ€™t mind a early reassurance scan but I am terrified of the internal scan. I had one with the pregnancy I lost and I swear that had something to do with because they were so rough. What are the chances of them doing abdominal scan at around 8-10 weeks? I have no idea how many weeks I am Iโ€™m just guessing from last date of my period.
My scan at 9 weeks was abdominal only as she could see everything she needed. In regards to your previous post please ring your GP and they will advise you on what to do next. You sound at a similar stage to me so need to get booked in for your booking appointment and 12 week scan xx

I'm off to buy some pregnancy vitamins shortly. Does anyone have any recommendations? I guess they're all probably much of a muchness. Currently taking the seven seas trying for a baby supplements in the meantime!

Dear christ, 15+4 and my boobs are itching so bad today I could literally claw my skin off ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ˜ญ Please tell me this doesn't last from now on!?

Has anyone ever done one of those at-home gender prediction blood test kits? The one where you just prick your finger, send it to a lab and they tell you what you're having?
No but Iโ€™ve seen a few people on tiktok that have done them. I think you can find out fairly early on anyways

I'm off to buy some pregnancy vitamins shortly. Does anyone have any recommendations? I guess they're all probably much of a muchness. Currently taking the seven seas trying for a baby supplements in the meantime!
Iโ€™ve been taking the 7 seas pregnancy ones as theyโ€™re usually on offer. I also brought the savers cheap ones before (they all pretty much contain the same levels of vitamins)

Hey everyone โ˜บ Successful induction happened Friday ๐Ÿ˜Š started with gel at 9 n had baby at 11:18 pm, was very quick and not as horrible as I thought thank god ๐Ÿ˜… baby boy is healthy and big weighs 9 pound on the button ๐Ÿ˜‚ waters broke themselves so walking after the gel definitely helps

• Heart
Reactions: 35
My scan at 9 weeks was abdominal only as she could see everything she needed. In regards to your previous post please ring your GP and they will advise you on what to do next. You sound at a similar stage to me so need to get booked in for your booking appointment and 12 week scan xx
Yeah Iโ€™m going to give them a call tomorrow morning. Iโ€™m off work all week just donโ€™t want my children to hear anything. Donโ€™t want them to know before we know all is ok.

• Heart
Hey everyone โ˜บ Successful induction happened Friday ๐Ÿ˜Š started with gel at 9 n had baby at 11:18 pm, was very quick and not as horrible as I thought thank god ๐Ÿ˜… baby boy is healthy and big weighs 9 pound on the button ๐Ÿ˜‚ waters broke themselves so walking after the gel definitely helps
that's so so fast!!! Congratulations Mama!! Did you manage on just gas & air?!

really??? I didn't think it was bad at all it was just pressure when they are looking up the way like outwards. I was 7 + 2 when I got mine and it didn't look like much tbh but could see heartbeat. 10 weeks was abdominal and looked like a little baby :)

• Heart
Great to see someone around the same dates as me! Congratulations! I know, time is dragging, I'm getting so distracted at work thinking about it all. It doesn't help that my nights are so long too as I've not been sleeping at all. Let's hope time speeds up for us soon or it'll be a long pregnancy ๐Ÿ˜…
I didn't have an early scan either time but just to reassure you, time has never, ever dragged like it did in my first pregnancy between the positive test and the scan, but then it sped up and went super fast from the start of the second trimester (aside from the last 4 weeks haha)! So it won't all drag ๐Ÿ˜Š

I had a miscarriage at around 6 weeks last December and I'm currently 29 weeks pregnant I dont think the worry goes away to be honest, I think its a matter of trying to relax as much as possible and look after yourself and baby as best you can. Having a loss is so hard and it definitely makes it harder to enjoy your pregnancy. Ive been for a few private scans for reassurance but I still look every time I wipe.. I dont think ill stop stressing until the baby is here although I have been warned even then you still fret about your wee one.. heartburn has made an appearance since I turned into my 3rd trimester and the nauseous is back with avengance ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Iโ€™d be super careful if you use one. I had a friend use one for baby no.3 and it said that she was having a boy.

It actually turned out she was having a girl (confirmed by medical scan a few weeks later, and when the baby was born). Even though she was super careful she thinks the sample must have somehow been contaminated from living in a house full of boys (husband and 2 little boys).

• Haha
Congratulations! Enjoy all the baby snuggles in the world ๐Ÿ’™ xx

• Heart
Congratulations on your new arrival! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’™

• Heart
Congratulations ๐Ÿ’™ so glad everything went well! Enjoy all the baby snuggles ๐Ÿฅฐ

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.