Pregnancy #26 Sponsored by Beryl and Keith

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As far as I’m aware you don’t have to wear them at all. When I was in (I had a section but was on a ward first and then in a delivery room afterwards, and then back to ward) I didn’t have to wear one at all, unless I was moving around. So when I was in my bed area I didn’t have to wear one. You do a PCR before a section and I think they do a LF on you when you arrive in labour.
Thank you! Hopefully same where I am.
I was just thinking about how thirsty and nauseous I felt last time and the thought of that combined with a mask would be horrific 😂😂 but I survived my morning sickness with a mask on so anythings possible

Reactions: 1
Does anyone know what are the rules now about masks during labour...do we have to wear them up to a certain point or what way does it work?
Do you also have to do a lateral flow test before you go to the hospital or do you only do that if booked in for a planned c-section?
Both my husband and I are double vaxxed if that matters?
Labouring women have never had to wear them here (I’ve only seen American women on social media wearing them tbh) You only have to wear them if moving around the unit, your own room / bed space you don’t have to. Your partner has to wear one all the time though. My hospital does both a LFT and a PCR test on admission

Does anyone know what are the rules now about masks during labour...do we have to wear them up to a certain point or what way does it work?
Do you also have to do a lateral flow test before you go to the hospital or do you only do that if booked in for a planned c-section?
At my antenatal classes they said for spontaneous labour both women and partner should be taking lateral flows leading up to labour - and booking a PCR if you get a positive. When you phone the hospital to say you’re in labour, they’ll ask about your Covid/testing status to work out where to bring you in.
For planned procedures, mum needs a PCR and partner needs a lateral flow (with enough time to book a PCR if needed).
Once in the hospital, partner should wear a mask at all times, mum only needs to wear one when moving around the hospital, but not in labour and not if you’re just sat in your room/bed. ☺

In my trust, if you were in your bed space you didn't need to wear one. When the midwife came to place the monitor on me I didn't need to wear one, nor did I in my c section. And they're definitely not wearable in labour! X

Reactions: 3
Really, really praying that by the time I’m in labour, things don’t change 😭 I haven’t got much hope for it remaining the same come December

My Inductions been pulled forward. Any ladies on here who went over due I’d be interested to know how long your inductions took please (I know everyone’s different so I won’t get my hopes up). Just curiosity as my body is not showing any signs at all so I’m just trying to get some insight. X
My first (late) got induced (pessary) at 7pm ish on the Friday, nothing started happening until Sunday pm, born Monday am
My second (late) got induced (pessary) about 8am ish, nothing started happening until 5pm ish, born just after midnight
My third (went in for csection, got cancelled, 39+ weeks) got induced instead (pessary) on the Tuesday morning, nothing started happening until the Wednesday morning, baby born after midnight Thursday

Sometimes it can be a long process, and you’re not necessarily in labour for the whole time

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Just realised baby lantern is due on Easter weekend so I've spent the morning torturing my boyfriend that I think we should go for a themed name...

Oddly enough he doesn't seem keen on Bunny or Jesus, not sure why he's being so unreasonable? ;) :sick: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m 36 weeks tomorrow and was wondering if anyone had experienced period type cramps around this time? My midwife says they’re nothing to worry about as long I’m not leaking or bleeding and I wasn’t sure if it was Braxton Hicks, but sometimes when I get them (and they’re vey sporadic) I also get the urge to poo. A google search throws up loads about early labour but midwife also said don’t google! Baby’s still moving but just wondered if anyone had experienced the same. I don’t feel in my gut that anything’s wrong and they’ve not been bad enough to ring to assessment unit, so just curious really!

I’m 36 weeks tomorrow and was wondering if anyone had experienced period type cramps around this time? My midwife says they’re nothing to worry about as long I’m not leaking or bleeding and I wasn’t sure if it was Braxton Hicks, but sometimes when I get them (and they’re vey sporadic) I also get the urge to poo. A google search throws up loads about early labour but midwife also said don’t google! Baby’s still moving but just wondered if anyone had experienced the same. I don’t feel in my gut that anything’s wrong and they’ve not been bad enough to ring to assessment unit, so just curious really!
I had it for weeks before being induced.
I replied to someone else the other day saying it got me hopeful things were moving, only to get to my sweep and be told they couldn't do it 😂

If you're getting the urge to poo with it then it's maybe just your body doing that clearing out thing before birth!

I’m just over 35 weeks and have had what feels like light period cramps all week, it’s not really painful. Think I’m just noticing it more as I’m constantly looking out for signs of labour 😅.

Hi everyone! I popped into here in June, but sadly had an early miscarriage. Found out I was pregnant again on Thursday and confirmed with a digital today! I'm super worried and anxious in case this pregnancy goes the same way my first did, but I'm trying to stay positive!

Hope you're all doing well! :)

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Hi everyone! I popped into here in June, but sadly had an early miscarriage. Found out I was pregnant again on Thursday and confirmed with a digital today! I'm super worried and anxious in case this pregnancy goes the same way my first did, but I'm trying to stay positive!

Hope you're all doing well! :)
That’s Lovely news! Congratulations ❤🌈X

• Heart
Really, really praying that by the time I’m in labour, things don’t change 😭 I haven’t got much hope for it remaining the same come December
Im due in Dec and feel the same. I was confident earlier in the year but it seems the government have dropped the ball and any early advantage we had is rapidly slipping away. I think unless they act soon we could be in a bad place in December. I’m not trying to scaremonger, I’m just feeling a bit frustrated and pissed off about it all.

Found out I was pregnant again on Thursday and confirmed with a digital today!
Congratulations 🙂🙂🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Im due in Dec and feel the same. I was confident earlier in the year but it seems the government have dropped the ball and any early advantage we had is rapidly slipping away. I think unless they act soon we could be in a bad place in December. I’m not trying to scaremonger, I’m just feeling a bit frustrated and pissed off about it all.
Same. Up until a week ago, I was positive. Now, not so much. I know I’ve been lucky, but im glad I’ve have my 12 and 20 week scans with my husband there. Im not too fussed if he can’t come to midwife apps, but we have a 34 and 36 week scan that I don’t want him to miss.
I don’t mind being induced and being on my own, with 3 kids already, it may have to happen, but to start my contractions without him is worrying😭

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Yeah I’m due end of November and getting a bit worried too. We’re both double jabbed now but if my partner gets a positive test he won’t be able to be at the birth and cases seam to be really picking up around us. I’m sure I’d get on with it and be fine I’d just hate him to miss out.

• Sad
I think what makes it worse (for me) is that I felt a bit cocky that we were going to have this thing squashed by December. I always knew winter would be harder but when I see our COVID rates compared to the rest of Europe it makes me realise how much strain the poor NHS could be put under all over again.

People round here in pubs and shops are acting like COVID never happened. I was in a garden centre coffee shop the other day and all the grey brigade of different groups were greeting, kissing, arms round each other, talking in each others faces with no masks… I do appreciate people especially older want to get on with life butI do feel that people need reminding of some pretty minor measures that can be taken.

I guess it’s just another aspect of pregnancy where we have to relinquish all control and take on a what will be will be philosophy 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Congratulations 🙂🙂🙂
I'm due very start of December and I'm getting nervous too 😬

• Sad
I'm due very start of December and I'm getting nervous too 😬
Im having a planned c section (if the baby’s read the manual!) and I think when I get a date I’m going to ask my partner to isolate for a few weeks beforehand with me. It sucks doesnt it but I’m sure we’ll be fine.

• Heart
Im having a planned c section (if the baby’s read the manual!) and I think when I get a date I’m going to ask my partner to isolate for a few weeks beforehand with me. It sucks doesnt it but I’m sure we’ll be fine.
I just asked my husband if we can take the big kids out of school for 2 weeks to isolate, and he told me he would rather move out for 2 weeks 😂
Kind of hoping I am late as due date is the day they break up from school for Christmas, and we can just stay indoors. As boring as it is, I’d rather my husband be allowed to watch his baby being born

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Im hoping for a homebirth in January… I really hope rising covid cases doesn’t mean the homebirth service is cancelled again 😬

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.