Pregnancy #26 Sponsored by Beryl and Keith

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh my gosh, 7 and a half weeks and I feel like I've been run over. The nausea is relentless from the moment I wake up and the only relief is being asleep which, if my body had it's way, would be about 20 hours a day. Keep telling myself it's not forever but every day feels like a week at the moment. Sorry for the whinge, I don't really have anyone I can be so honest with (except my husband, but I'm sure he's sick of hearing it!).
I feel your pain. ❤❤ feels like it will never end but it will just take each day as it comes

• Heart
Reactions: 5
No such thing as a stupid question 🙂 I thought the same.

It’s because the possibility is that the baby isn’t getting the nutrition it needs from the placenta, so by getting the baby out it can better get what it needs from breast milk or formula. She said sometimes babies do better out than in. I’m an older mum (46) so I imagine if my placentas not working as well as it could it might be due to my age.

I didn’t realise 37 weeks was term, but she said the baby would be quite happy out at that point and growth will catch up.
I think this is something that I’m already being monitored for- my bloods suggest that my placenta already isn’t up to scratch so I’ve been told i’ll be having extra scans throughout and will likely be induced on my due date at the latest. Interesting to know the reasoning behind it though- makes sense! Thanks for sharing

Reactions: 3
Thanks, I think you’re right. I freaked out when they first referred me to the growth clinic, I think because the letter they gave me to take to reception talked about reason for referral being Restricted Growth or something equally scary. It’s horrible to think your body is failing your baby and not giving it what it needs. I guess the instinct to nurture is strong. Of course those are the times when Google is not your friend but so hard to resist. Now as an older mum I’m grateful for the extra care and checks.
I know it’s scary isn’t it! I’m 34 and a first time mother and I’ve had extra checks because of a harmless fetal cyst but I am so grateful! About 6 weeks ago my babys abdomen was on the 4th centile and the next visit 2 weeks later was on the 33rd!! I asked about this and the doctor said it’s hard to get measurements on certain areas due to the babys position! It’s totally scary though! And google is nobodys friend is it 😭 it literally gives you the worst case scenario 😭

Reactions: 1
I think this is something that I’m already being monitored for- my bloods suggest that my placenta already isn’t up to scratch so I’ve been told i’ll be having extra scans throughout and will likely be induced on my due date at the latest. Interesting to know the reasoning behind it though- makes sense! Thanks for sharing
Youre welcome. You’ll be fine. Embrace the extra scans, hope your hospital isn’t too far away. Ours is about a twenty minute drive so feel lucky but I do feel for the women who have to travel a long way.

Oh my gosh, 7 and a half weeks and I feel like I've been run over. The nausea is relentless from the moment I wake up and the only relief is being asleep which, if my body had it's way, would be about 20 hours a day. Keep telling myself it's not forever but every day feels like a week at the moment. Sorry for the whinge, I don't really have anyone I can be so honest with (except my husband, but I'm sure he's sick of hearing it!).
I’m 7 weeks and exactly the same! I’ve had to take the week off work I’m being sick so much!

I’m so fed up with this pregnancy. Everything hurts. I’m struggling so much and have no energy to do anything. I took my eldest to get her covid jab earlier. The queue was 45 minutes, standing, but no one cared I’m carrying this watermelon, so now I’m out with my back and hip. Great times!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Anyone else feel that they totally cannot wait for the baby but actually cannot stand being pregnant? I am totally grateful to be in this position and am so looking forward to having a baby but I feel like a big lump at the minute 😂. I am 22 weeks so quite a way to go still. Can’t wait for the baby to come!

Reactions: 8
I’m so fed up with this pregnancy. Everything hurts. I’m struggling so much and have no energy to do anything. I took my eldest to get her covid jab earlier. The queue was 45 minutes, standing, but no one cared I’m carrying this watermelon, so now I’m out with my back and hip. Great times!
In my first pregnancy people were nice in situations like this- this time round it’s like no one gives a toss!! Wonder if the pandemic has made people just moody all the time (me included to be fair 🤣) or whether my grumpy puss puts people off being nice to me

Reactions: 5
In my first pregnancy people were nice in situations like this- this time round it’s like no one gives a toss!! Wonder if the pandemic has made people just moody all the time (me included to be fair 🤣) or whether my grumpy puss puts people off being nice to me
This is my first pregnancy and I’ve found people acting like this a LOT, especially in supermarkets. I’ve literally been shoved out of the way a couple of times.
I was waiting in boots for my flu jab the other day, and there were two seats already filled. I’m 38 weeks so very obviously pregnant! No one gave up their seat for me and I was rocking side to side to help my pelvis. Then one lady got up and turned out she wasn’t even waiting for the flu clinic and walked out!!!

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
When I was pregnant with my last, I was shopping in primark, and when it was finally my turn, the bloke was like ‘you know you don’t have to queue’ well, that was my third pregnancy and the first and last time anyone has ever said that 😂
No one cares. I finally bit the bullet and sat on the chairs near the front, which meant leaving my eldest, who I’m pretty sure has anxiety, but I would’ve honestly broken my back. I hate people 😂

I know I should be so grateful and lucky. My friend had her baby recently at 28 weeks, my niece has had problems in early pregnancy and someone I know found out at 12 weeks the baby has something wrong with them, so terminated the pregnancy, so I feel like I can’t ever moan 😭 pregnancy is not good for me and everyone keeps telling me it won’t be my last 😂😂😂

• Heart
Anyone else feel that they totally cannot wait for the baby but actually cannot stand being pregnant? I am totally grateful to be in this position and am so looking forward to having a baby but I feel like a big lump at the minute 😂. I am 22 weeks so quite a way to go still. Can’t wait for the baby to come!
I’m 38 weeks now and I honestly hate being pregnant. I’m obviously very grateful and can’t wait to meet my baby girl but I genuinely didn’t enjoy it. Nausea, bad skin, bleeding gums, constipation, carpel tunnel, anemia and dealing with the restrictions in the stupid Maternity hospital! Not to mention fortnightly visits that can take up to 5 hours 😭 thank god it’s drawing to a close I am counting down the days to when I can have a glass of wine tbh 🥳

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Evening guys… I’m back after another early reassurance scan 😁 this was my third and the woman in there knows me now, she said “back again?” 😂

We are all good… measuring 10 weeks exactly, bean has a strong heartbeat and has now grown arms and legs! I was an anxious mess yet again but as soon as she said there was a heartbeat I couldn’t stop crying and then I cried driving all the way home .. god knows what people thought.

Not long to wait until my NHS scan now 🥰🥰🤞🌈

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Evening guys… I’m back after another early reassurance scan 😁 this was my third and the woman in there knows me now, she said “back again?” 😂

We are all good… measuring 10 weeks exactly, bean has a strong heartbeat and has now grown arms and legs! I was an anxious mess yet again but as soon as she said there was a heartbeat I couldn’t stop crying and then I cried driving all the way home .. god knows what people thought.

Not long to wait until my NHS scan now 🥰🥰🤞🌈
Great news, well done baby rita!

I'm still a bit freaked out. Had my 36 week appt yesterday and the midwife dead casual was like "so you've got the number for the birthing centre that you'll ring if you get labour signs X and Y any time from next week. But here's the number for if you go into labour this week, as you're under 37 weeks you'd have to come to the ward I'm afraid".
Erm pardon. I genuinely hadn't really giving going early any thought until she said that. Even though two of my mates have had their baby in week 36.
The words "this week" right freaked me. My husband gave me a quick FaceTime from work after the appt to see how it went, he was sweating when I told him what she'd said :LOL: "Oh, right. Right. Well. Um. I'm gonna nip for a haircut on my way home from work then I think".

I have absolutely no reason to think we're not still a few weeks away, but it's definitely lit a bit of a fire under us to finish some last bits.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m 38 weeks now and I honestly hate being pregnant. I’m obviously very grateful and can’t wait to meet my baby girl but I genuinely didn’t enjoy it. Nausea, bad skin, bleeding gums, constipation, carpel tunnel, anemia and dealing with the restrictions in the stupid Maternity hospital! Not to mention fortnightly visits that can take up to 5 hours 😭 thank god it’s drawing to a close I am counting down the days to when I can have a glass of wine tbh 🥳
So close now!!! Yesss to the wine 🥂 got a mini Prosecco in the hospital bag just in case!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I'm still a bit freaked out. Had my 36 week appt yesterday and the midwife dead casual was like "so you've got the number for the birthing centre that you'll ring if you get labour signs X and Y any time from next week. But here's the number for if you go into labour this week, as you're under 37 weeks you'd have to come to the ward I'm afraid".
Erm pardon. I genuinely hadn't really giving going early any thought until she said that. Even though two of my mates have had their baby in week 36.
The words "this week" right freaked me. My husband gave me a quick FaceTime from work after the appt to see how it went, he was sweating when I told him what she'd said :LOL: "Oh, right. Right. Well. Um. I'm gonna nip for a haircut on my way home from work then I think".

I have absolutely no reason to think we're not still a few weeks away, but it's definitely lit a bit of a fire under us to finish some last bits.
Everytime I get a twinge I think omg this is it then freak out because I don’t feel ready 😂 even though im so done with pregnancy!
I have my 36 week midwife appointment tomorrow 😅

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.