Pregnancy #26 Sponsored by Beryl and Keith

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I’m 35 + 3, had my baby shower at the weekend, NCT class last night and just had my last day of work today so officially on maternity leave! Even though we’re hoping for a home birth I’ve got my hospital bags all washed, labelled and packed!

Now I’m feeling a bit lost and like I've done everything too soon and I’m going to be super bored if he doesn’t come early!

…. Anyone got any Netflix recommendations? 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Does anything interesting happen at the 16week midwife appointment like listening to baby’s heartbeat?

Trying to decide whether I should get my husband to come along if so as don’t want him to miss out, but everything I’ve read so far seems to suggest it’s just going over results of 12week scan and blood tests (which they’ve already sent me) so doesn’t look that interesting or like something that he’ll be missing out on.
Depends, mine was over the phone 😭
The only time I got to listen to the heartbeat was by having a private gender scan at 16 weeks - as all my midwife apps have been phone calls!

TMI warning!! Well I made it to almost 37 weeks this time without getting painful piles! I had them so bad last time I was actually crying in agony. This time I used cream as soon as I had a bump and I did get them but they were pain free. My pregnant friend has them bad and I was giving her sympathy while patting myself on the back for being so proactive 🤣 well pride doth come before the fall because I have a massive painful hemorrhoid 😭 I got some ice pack maternity pads for after birth and considering cracking one to pop against my bum hole but they were so expensive and I only got 6 in the pack!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
TMI warning!! Well I made it to almost 37 weeks this time without getting painful piles! I had them so bad last time I was actually crying in agony. This time I used cream as soon as I had a bump and I did get them but they were pain free. My pregnant friend has them bad and I was giving her sympathy while patting myself on the back for being so proactive 🤣 well pride doth come before the fall because I have a massive painful hemorrhoid 😭 I got some ice pack maternity pads for after birth and considering cracking one to pop against my bum hole but they were so expensive and I only got 6 in the pack!
I have them but they aren't painful. I have no clue what to do with them!
Get a normal pad and soak it and put in the freezer, never tried it myself but I remember it being recommended last time I was pregnant

Reactions: 1
Right, I’ve never had piles but I have a weird question - when you’re putting cream on them, can you feel anything in them? Like do they have nerve endings that can feel you touching them? I dunno why I can’t get my head round how they must feel and how you go about treating them 😂

Heartburn is on another level this week, sleeping propped up on pillows because I have no remedies in the house 🙄

Right, I’ve never had piles but I have a weird question - when you’re putting cream on them, can you feel anything in them? Like do they have nerve endings that can feel you touching them? I dunno why I can’t get my head round how they must feel and how you go about treating them 😂

Heartburn is on another level this week, sleeping propped up on pillows because I have no remedies in the house 🙄
Literally sitting here trying to think about it. 😂😂
I'd say it feels the same as just touching skin 🤔 I presume they've got nerve endings and stuff as aren't they just swollen veins 🤔🤔

Literally sitting here trying to think about it. 😂😂
I'd say it feels the same as just touching skin 🤔 I presume they've got nerve endings and stuff as aren't they just swollen veins 🤔🤔

oh yes you can feel it 🤣 before they got painful it was just like touching fleshy lumps. Definitely have nerves I think as that would be how they get painful, when they swell up

I am far too 🤢 to feel my piles, but you get a tube that you put up your bum and squeeze the cream in to 😂 when mine are bad, I do that and just swish the cream about

Urgh, my heartburn has been awful this week too! Was in my throat for about an hour yesterday. We’re both around the same week aren’t we? I’m 33 tomorrow xx

I am far too 🤢 to feel my piles, but you get a tube that you put up your bum and squeeze the cream in to 😂 when mine are bad, I do that and just swish the cream about

Urgh, my heartburn has been awful this week too! Was in my throat for about an hour yesterday. We’re both around the same week aren’t we? I’m 33 tomorrow xx
Yep I’m 33 on Saturday ☺ But basically everytime I lie down I can feel it in my chest and throat. I also keep randomly benching and it tastes like sick 😰

Reactions: 2
So I’m 35 + 3, had my baby shower at the weekend, NCT class last night and just had my last day of work today so officially on maternity leave! Even though we’re hoping for a home birth I’ve got my hospital bags all washed, labelled and packed!

Now I’m feeling a bit lost and like I've done everything too soon and I’m going to be super bored if he doesn’t come early!

…. Anyone got any Netflix recommendations? 🤣
Woohoo happy mat leave to youuu!! I’ve got a week left can’t wait! What kind of tv are you into?

Went for my final consultant appointment this morning and was so lucky to have such a nice supportive doctor! When she asked me how I was feeling I burst into tears (had no idea where that come from). I’ve decided I don’t want be induced so if they don’t come between now and week 37 I will be having a planned c section. Which will either be next Friday or the following Monday. Get confirmation on Monday. Feels so good to finally have a birth plan and an end date so I’m beyond uncomfortable now! But also freaking out that I’m almost about to be a mum of 2 babies 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Went for my final consultant appointment this morning and was so lucky to have such a nice supportive doctor! When she asked me how I was feeling I burst into tears (had no idea where that come from). I’ve decided I don’t want be induced so if they don’t come between now and week 37 I will be having a planned c section. Which will either be next Friday or the following Monday. Get confirmation on Monday. Feels so good to finally have a birth plan and an end date so I’m beyond uncomfortable now! But also freaking out that I’m almost about to be a mum of 2 babies 😅
Eeeek you’re so soon now! So weird that we all joined this forum in the early days and now we’re getting ready to meet our babies. My TENS machine just arrived so it’s feeling more real now ❤

Can’t wait to hear news on baby Dip and Dab!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
So exciting!
You will absolutely smash it🥰

• Heart
I second what @DaisyDaisy87 said about the early days. It doesn’t really feel that long ago when you came over from the TTC thread and I was so made up and now the twins are almost here!! 🙌🏻

• Heart
So exciting!! Try and book in a little pamper session and treat yourself before they are here ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I'm 35+1 and I'm so fed up of how big I am! I feel like a beached whale and whilst I have some clothes that fit me I could cry every time I look in the mirror I just look so 🤮🤮🤮

• Heart
I'm 35+1 and I'm so fed up of how big I am! I feel like a beached whale and whilst I have some clothes that fit me I could cry every time I look in the mirror I just look so 🤮🤮🤮
Hide or downsize the mirror. I don't have a full length one anymore :ROFLMAO: blissfully unaware

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.