Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Smallpotato

VIP Member
Alright lads, am I allowed back?

Babynewpotato is absolutely fine and we found out the sex, it’s a girl.

it’s been two weeks of absolute hell. I’m off to pick up my son, go and buy my husband a bottle of whiskey and then lie on the floor for an eternity.

ive missed you all so much.

• Heart
Reactions: 55

Disneylifeonly

VIP Member
Hello my pregnant ladies. I missed this thread too much.
Week one of being Thomas's mum complete.
Things I've learned:
-Our bodies are incredible things. Before Thomas was born I really worried about how I and my partner would feel about all the changes to my body, but now I'm just amazed by it. Every stretch mark, the weight gain, everything is absolutely worth it.
-Day 1-3 after baby is newborn bliss, then day 4 hits and BAM the tiredness and hormones hit like a truck. I cried day 4 and 6 PP.
-Baby blues are normal, have a good support system, talk to your partners, friends that have had babies, etc, and know you're not alone.
-things that once mattered don't anymore, I used to never leave the house without make up on with worry of anyone seeing me and judging me, now I don't give a crap.
-parents will voice their opinions and potentially upset you after you've had baby, ignore it, or in my case have a wonderful partner that fights my corner and tells them to back off.
-even if you're not breastfeeding, your boobs will leak and they will hurt.
-painkillers are a girls best friend
-dont forget to eat. I did. And it made me feel very weak. Look after yourselves as well as your baby.
-despite what any voice in your head says, you've got this.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

Lollipop19

Chatty Member
Booked in for induction today and everything is in the car ready and waiting and now just waiting for another phone call as there were no beds this morning. Hoping to go in later but can absolutely guarantee I'm going to have a high blood pressure reading when I get there as am so on edge! My phone hasn't left my hand and every noise is making me jump out of my skin! Eeeeekkkk! This is all verrrry real now and absolutely terrified 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 36

Ilando

VIP Member
Sweep done. Not very pleasant but I’m 2cm dilated so hopefully things will start before I need to be induced x

• Heart
Reactions: 32

wakametango

Chatty Member
I’ve had such a nice day.
My friends baby is 9 days old, so I went round and cooked her and her partner dinner, brought the pre cut tubs of fruit for next 3 days. Cut and washed veg Battons with dips and choc rice cakes with an almond croissant treat (her fav). I got new born snuggles in then washed up for her, made her tea and left as her partner got in from work
Let’s all hope we get the same from someone in this early days hey 💚 x

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Kitt

VIP Member
Just did that thing where you overthink something and freak yourself out.

There’s a fully grown baby in my tummy and he’s just living in there and soon he’ll exist on the outside but right now he just fits in my tummy and comes everywhere with me?? Seems fake but ok.

• Haha

Disneylifeonly

VIP Member
Hello all!
Hope everyone is doing ok! Still in newborn bubble from Thursday.
Been hit hard and fast with baby blues today, cried 3 times over nothing.
But still utterly besotted and can't believe little Thomas is here and he's all ours 💕

• Heart

Gorbs

Chatty Member
Gosh, I go to work and you lot fill 15 pages?!? I’d catch up but I am about thirty seconds from falling asleep, working several 12.5 hour shifts back to back is not so funny in pregnancy, especially when the unit is busy! Is there a tl;dr of the important bits I’ve missed?!?
Small potato is back, baby newpotato is well and is a girl, some people bought buggies, some people got haemorrhoids, all of us are struggling in one way or another 😂

• Haha
  • Heart

Babyyoda88

VIP Member
Scan was more positive luckily. Baby girl (who is still a girl, I asked her to check again ha after all this Willy talk) is still small but is growing as she should be. Fluid around her is fine, notch has gone from placenta. All in all they’re pleased and she’ll continue being monitored and may be brought out a week earlier due to size which is fine by me.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24

AshW333

Hi everyone 👋 Had my private scan this evening, turns out I’m measuring at 10 weeks rather than the 9 I thought, but I wasn’t 100% sure anyway! Can confirm that there’s a little baby in there and not just food 😂 they were wiggling around loads and doing a little dance, was the most amazing thing to see. Feel so relieved ☺ for now anyway, I’m sure I’ll be worried about something else soon!

• Heart
Reactions: 24

WhatABore

VIP Member
Omg she actually suggested slimming world to you? What the fuck?
At my 20 week scan with my daughter, the guy doing it said I should consider slimming world. I said I've done it and lost 9 stone between my 2 pregnancies. His response was "Well you're still overweight why have you stopped?"
He was horrible. Constantly saying how hard it was for him to do the scan because of my weight. Refused to even look for the sex because he wouldn't be able to see it because I was "So overweight"
I was down to a size 14, so no, not skinny. But still. A lot of it was loose skin too!

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 21

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
I have left my hospital appointment with a potential birthday for the twins if I dont go into labour naturally before hand 🥳 This pregnancy seems to of just flown by.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Smallpotato

VIP Member
I’m going to pop all of this under a spoiler as I don’t want to upset/trigger anyone.

So after we had a meeting with the genetic team, we decided that the amino was the best option for us. Both husband and I are pragmatic and like data, we hate “what ifs” and we felt this option suited us. We received an appointment for two weeks time, but unfortunately it was on my husbands birthday and at a different hospital entirely.

I want to point out that I live in a small town in Nottinghamshire, so as a result of all of this I’ve ended up under THREE different midwifery teams. I have my midwives in my town, the genetic team in the next town with the hospital where I can have my baby and then the big hospital in Nottingham City where I had all the genetic testing.

I made a upsetting post on here a week later saying I was struggling to cope after I discovered that an ex boyfriend and his wife had gone through what we were going through, and their baby died. It set me off on a huge spiral, and unfortunately I was very very distressed. On the Wednesday I was hysterical and crying, so husband rang the genetics team who referred me to the peri natal mental health team. I felt myself detaching myself from the pregnancy and ignoring all movements and kicks, and finding myself saying “if baby is here” etc.

Peri Natal team were fab, managed to see and assess me on the following Monday. I have made the decision to continue seeing them even though baby is well, as I feel I need fo reconnect

Inbetween all this, I was due my GTT test at my women’s centre. Husband took me and I was sobbing when I got there. My named Midwife looked at me and said she didn’t know why I was so upset etc. Husband had to take over and speak to her, and I was allowed to go home during the two hour GTT test rather than stay in clinic. The named midwife kept saying “so if you chose to continue with the pregnancy” which I responded, “well do you know something I don’t know?” & she went silent.

Wednesday I had my amniocentesis at Nottingham City hospital. I can not fault these wonderful midwives and doctor. They were incredibly supportive and kind, not only to me but to my husband too. They asked him if he needed information, allowed him to ask questions and really involved him.

The amino was uncomfortable; we had a scan before hand which I struggled to look at, so I focused on the ceiling. The amino took a few minutes with a needle which is finer than a blood needle, and it just felt weird. I had bloods taken too, and I can’t express how kind everyone was.

the next day I had some cramping, but nothing that was concerning.

it has been a horrible two weeks. I’ve lost weight, we both have cried so much and littlepotato told his nursery teachers that mummy is sad a lot which made us feel awful. We felt as if we were grieving for something that hadn’t even happened. We dreaded every withheld phone call and felt all the joy of the pregnancy that been taken from us. We felt especially angry at my named midwife who said she wasn’t aware of any of the situation and was quite cold towards us both.

the peri natal team have been lovely, even asked if I needed support to talk to littlepotato as I had mentioned I was struggling to be a mum.

we are all drained. Husband has been incredible and overwhelming positive throughout the entire ordeal. My mum has been a tower of strength to us both; she rang every day, she’s dropped off food and always been there for me. I am so lucky.

we found out that we are having a girl, so we are going for Dorothy Leia. Dorothy as we have always loved that name, and Leia as we are huge star wars nerds and Leia always says that you have to have hope. We have needed a lot of hope these past 2 weeks.

on top of all of this, my leg is still in a cast!

We’ll I certainly don’t want to be giving birth to a 9-10 pounder😂 omg
littlepotato was 11lbs at 37 weeks!

A beefcake 🤣🤣 I’ve missed you!
everyone kept coming into our room, and we had no idea why. Oh wait, it’s because littlepotato was the biggest baby born that year in the county 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19

standupsitdown

Chatty Member
The people who care about me enough to get in touch and see how I am know that I’m having a baby. The rest can find out when they see me waddling round Co-op or pushing a pram 🙂

Jellybb

VIP Member
Reeeeeally intrigued to see what name you’ve picked cause I know you’ve said you’ve struggled especially with everyone suggesting Irish ones. Don’t need to share if you don’t want to but I am intrigued now you’ve said you’ve picked it!

You should get your son’s talking penis looked at by professionals. I’m not sure that’s normal, pal.
I’ve chosen Maya 🤣 now it’s not to everyone’s tastes but I love it

• Heart

Nursty

VIP Member
Guys this weird phenomenon is occuring in my house and my husband appears to be... Nesting???
He keeps clearing out drawers and cupboards and tidying stuff. He's packed and repacked the hospital bag. Totally bizarre since this is the man who operates from a floordrobe.
As I type this he's taking apart the hoover to clean it?!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

Smallpotato

VIP Member
This is my hippy take on motherhood and friends; you don’t just give birth to a baby, you give birth to a new you.

I was/am that person who would said “a baby shouldn’t change who you are/stop you doing things!” & to some extent it doesn’t. I still would take my son to the cinema with me, go shopping, on the train, kid friendly festivals etc and we didn’t do baby groups. You grow as a person and you realise who is toxic and who is your friend for life.

I lost a lot of friends when I had littlepotato and I’ll probably lose some more when I have Newpotato. That’s fine, I guess it just wasn’t meant to be.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Amberella

Had a fun evening calming other half down as he spent time with MIL and she is having a melt down that I’m (just me) am trying to cut her out the family. The only comment I have made was about her not having a choice on little lady’s name 😂 which was a throw away comment any way.
Looking forward to breaking the Christmas plan to her!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17