Pregnancy #16 Baby brain galore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mine was for bloods and anti d. If it wasn’t for that it really wouldn’t have been for a lot else… 🤷🏼‍♀️ I’ll see if my 31 week is more insightful
So no scan for that one? They couldn’t see the gender at my anomaly scan so I’m sure she said the next time she will be able to see 🥴 I’ve got a gender scan since but wanted to doubly make sure there was no Willy 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2
It’s normally the 25 week appointment I think x
Ah well that’s been and gone 😂 though it wasn’t my normal midwife she couldn’t do it Ill I guess so that might be why

So no scan for that one? They couldn’t see the gender at my anomaly scan so I’m sure she said the next time she will be able to see 🥴 I’ve got a gender scan since but wanted to doubly make sure there was no Willy 🤣
I didn’t get a scan no. I also have the Willy anxiety 😂
I’ve had a growth scan since my abnormality, but that was totally different to any midwife scheduled appointments. It seems like a lot of people have different experiences with their appointments.

Last edited:
I think you can but I think you’d have to fight and fight for it. It’s not something they’d be keen on allowing. I think in the US it’s quite common cause you pay for it / insurance does but here they’d always push first for vaginal birth if it’s possible.
I’m giving birth in America and have asked to have one and they’re not happy about it but still plenty of time for me to persuade lol. They also know you can be like ok bye then and take your ‘business’ to someone who will. It’s a f*cked up situation! Surely there’s enough ladies who want to go naturally that it balances out those who don’t I don’t like the idea of the vaginal birth unless I go into labour on my own naturally. I don’t want induced and forced into labour.

Reactions: 3
It only tends to be 12 week and 20 week scans. Some trust now do the around 36 weeks, but that's it.
The midwives never do scans though unless you're in the US where its all don't at one place 😊

At my 20 week scan with my daughter, the guy doing it said I should consider slimming world. I said I've done it and lost 9 stone between my 2 pregnancies. His response was "Well you're still overweight why have you stopped?"
He was horrible. Constantly saying how hard it was for him to do the scan because of my weight. Refused to even look for the sex because he wouldn't be able to see it because I was "So overweight"
I was down to a size 14, so no, not skinny. But still. A lot of it was loose skin too!
What an absolute wanker they have put me down as scan obstructed due to weight I’m literally a small size 12 x

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
Anyone experienced a sore diaphragm? I'm not sure if it's just wind or if it's uterus expanding..

I have twisted and pulled my back too, so could also be related to that 😐🥺

When did everyone get their mat B1 forms??? I feel like I don’t know if I’ve missed it or not?!
HR kept asking for it from 20 weeks (they need it by 25 weeks apparently) so I couldn’t wait until my next midwife appt. I just called my doctors surgery and asked for it and 2 days later it was ready for me to pick up x

HR kept asking for it from 20 weeks (they need it by 25 weeks apparently) so I couldn’t wait until my next midwife appt. I just called my doctors surgery and asked for it and 2 days later it was ready for me to pick up x
My work haven’t chased it yet so I’m keeping quiet! I’m 29 weeks 😬 I’m sure it’s fine not a lot I can do if they don’t hand it over and I didn’t think about it until earlier 😂😂😂

I need this baby to arrive to save me from myself...been round every room in the house scrubbing the skirting boards 🤦‍♀️ I wonder if baby will appreciate how clean they are 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 4
My work haven’t chased it yet so I’m keeping quiet! I’m 29 weeks 😬 I’m sure it’s fine not a lot I can do if they don’t hand it over and I didn’t think about it until earlier 😂😂😂
Ahhh yeah I’d give your surgery a call and ask for it and they’ll send it to you or have you pick it up! You don’t want to miss out on mat pay haha

Reactions: 1
Yous have confused me now! Before I got pregnant my skin was terrible, oily and I'd need to wash my hair every other day because it was just a chip pan (although it's always been very thick and manageable). Now my skin has cleared up, nails are growing like mad and I haven't needed to wash my hair in 2 weeks. Are we thinking two boys?! I actually convinced myself I couldnt carry boys but now I'm doubting it lol
This has happened to me too!
Even all my chicken skin on the back of my arms has gone!
Nails are beautiful (although Mr Flowers is having to cut my toenails - doesn’t help they’re growing at Wolverine Speed!)
Hair barely seems to need washing!
Wait until 2wks PP when I’ve got a spotty mush and a chip pan head again! 🙈

• Sad
Anyone else still being sick in the second trimester? I have like a week of feeling ok then it kicks off again 🤦🏽‍♀️

Also my bum cheeks ache no idea if it sciatica or because I wore heals all day yesterday

Scan was more positive luckily. Baby girl (who is still a girl, I asked her to check again ha after all this Willy talk) is still small but is growing as she should be. Fluid around her is fine, notch has gone from placenta. All in all they’re pleased and she’ll continue being monitored and may be brought out a week earlier due to size which is fine by me.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Anyone else still being sick in the second trimester? I have like a week of feeling ok then it kicks off again 🤦🏽‍♀️

Also my bum cheeks ache no idea if it sciatica or because I wore heals all day yesterday
I get to around 6pm and I want to be sick. Bork!

• Sad

I’m still sick in third trimester 😢 now it’s because my little stomach is squashed so much it can’t cope 😂. Being sick sucks.

When did everyone get their mat B1 forms??? I feel like I don’t know if I’ve missed it or not?!
Don’t do what I did and lose it, ask you midwife for another to be told they only do one.
cry all evening then find it at work in a ‘safe place’ you completely forgot about 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.