Pregnancy #16 Baby brain galore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone have any tips for indigestion / reflux? I don’t even know if this is what I have but I feel really acid-y after I eat and like half of my food just sits in my chest. Gets much worse and I feel so sick if I lie down. The last few days I’ve needed to go and make myself sick to get some relief. I’ve got a check up with my obstetrician Monday so will mention it then but it’s so uncomfortable. I’ve tried a few sips of milk before bed which was helping a bit but too much dairy makes me sick too so not ideal. I don’t know if Rennie / Gaviscon will help as I don’t feel like it’s just heartburn? I’ve never had any of this before so not actually sure what it is. I’m 25 weeks tomorrow.
I went through a stage where my food felt like it was sat on my chest as well and it was like repeating on me a lot. Are you making weird little indigestion noises as well like in your chest? It can be so uncomfortable. I ended up asking my husband to just rub my back a lot. It’s almost like burping a baby. It did help a bit to be fair. Also don’t slouch. Sit up straight to like extend everything out after being rubbed and you’ll hopefully get some relief. I didn’t have this for long so hopefully it passes for you!

Reactions: 1
It could be a coincidence and not meaning to be condescending but I’ve just finished work and found myself eating less and I haven’t had any heartburn this week. I was snacking a lot while wfh out of boredom but I’ve been busy sorting this week and just had my main meals and maybe a few choc rice cakes in the evening. Also my heartburn is linked to constipation but I never wanted to speed up the digestion process because I’m sure it slows down so baby can absorb all the nutrients (may be no science to this! I just felt bad for her inside 😆)

Reactions: 2
Really hope your scan goes well to the lady that has been having pain.

Just wanted to add to those that are having a c section you may get an awful case of wind after .. I thought I was dying! It's because they move your organs about to get baby out... All the hospital would give me was peppermint drink. Weird!! X

I remember asking th cleaner if my LBs nappy was on right... Also zero experience with babies! 🤪🤣

Emergency csec with baby1, having an elective with baby2... I spent the night on labour ward listening to screaming & it's out the wind up me me. So b glad to be having another csec!
Oh god u must feel like your going to burst your stitches.

As brutal as they sound I'm hoping for a c section just for the reason I've been told my womb is on the thinner side. I'd hate for something to happen and I couldn't have anymore

I went through a stage where my food felt like it was sat on my chest as well and it was like repeating on me a lot. Are you making weird little indigestion noises as well like in your chest? It can be so uncomfortable. I ended up asking my husband to just rub my back a lot. It’s almost like burping a baby. It did help a bit to be fair. Also don’t slouch. Sit up straight to like extend everything out after being rubbed and you’ll hopefully get some relief. I didn’t have this for long so hopefully it passes for you!
Thanks! I haven’t noticed any noises but it’s definitely worse if I am not fully upright. Even sipping water whilst reclining on a sun bed the last few days I was away was giving me the same effect. I’ll just have to try a few tricks and see what works best! Thank you xx

Does anyone have any tips for indigestion / reflux? I don’t even know if this is what I have but I feel really acid-y after I eat and like half of my food just sits in my chest. Gets much worse and I feel so sick if I lie down. The last few days I’ve needed to go and make myself sick to get some relief. I’ve got a check up with my obstetrician Monday so will mention it then but it’s so uncomfortable. I’ve tried a few sips of milk before bed which was helping a bit but too much dairy makes me sick too so not ideal. I don’t know if Rennie / Gaviscon will help as I don’t feel like it’s just heartburn? I’ve never had any of this before so not actually sure what it is. I’m 25 weeks tomorrow.
These are the things I’ve found work after weeks of trial and error: I can’t eat anything after 6pm or I won’t sleep due to the pain. I also only drink water in the evenings or I can feel the drink coming back up again 🤮 I’m getting through a large bottle of gavison a week (don’t forget to get it on prescription) because I take it several times a day. I bounce on my pregnancy ball for 30 minutes before bed- no idea if this helps but I seem to bring up a lot of gas while bouncing so surely it helps 🥴

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Solidarity for the ‘bleeping heartburn’ as it’s known in this house, ladies. It’s driving me bloody mad!

Reactions: 6
I don’t know if it’s the same in the uk but in Ireland there’s a baby special thing going on in aldi today. Got a bath, nappy bin, sleep bags, baby gros, bibs and cellular blankets! The quality of the baby gros are surprisingly excellent 😭

I had this big set menu kind of thing and the food was super rich we finished at about tenish then drove home got into bed and I think my baby moving about and the food not digested caused me awful acid and I had to just admit defeat and go and be sick ☹ I never eat that late either usually, we were in there for like 3hours with the different courses and I didn’t eat loads but the mixture of flavours chilli etc hadn’t done me any favours. I think I need to not do it again so you get acid at night mainly? X
It actually sounds amazing and just like the thing I'd normally enjoy when not pregnant! But yeah, I can't lay down at any point of the day if I've just eaten or even just drank but it's soooo much worse at night! I try not to eat too close to bed time and stay up right for a good 20 mins after my last drink. Xx

By the way, ASOS has an extra 25% off sale today and actually have some good maternity stuff in loads of sizes 🥳

Reactions: 4
27 weeks and feeling so tired today. Bit if a headache and dizzy too. Probably not enough water to be fair. 3YO is seriously zapping my energy!

Sweep done. Not very pleasant but I’m 2cm dilated so hopefully things will start before I need to be induced x

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Had the busiest day at work today, didn’t even get a proper lunch break just ate a crappy sandwich at my laptop. Had two beauty clients booked in for tonight and my first one has just cancelled! Should be annoyed as it was last minute but I’m now sat on my exercise ball which arrived today watching come dine with me instead which is a nice break 😂

Reactions: 8
Has anybody transferred their care to another trust? I'm just in the process of doing mine and I've got to have another booking appointment with the new trust 😭😭😭 I don't want to spend another hour in a hot hospital in a mask telling them the ins and outs of my medical history 😭 probably naive of me but I genuinely thought they'd just take a copy of my current notes, do some bloods and send me off. Anybody done it and can tell me it's quick and easy please? 🙏😂 I've already had a scan, a consultant appointment and a midwife appointment this week which were all running late, I'm absolutely sick of hospitals. 😒

Has anybody transferred their care to another trust? I'm just in the process of doing mine and I've got to have another booking appointment with the new trust 😭😭😭 I don't want to spend another hour in a hot hospital in a mask telling them the ins and outs of my medical history 😭 probably naive of me but I genuinely thought they'd just take a copy of my current notes, do some bloods and send me off. Anybody done it and can tell me it's quick and easy please? 🙏😂 I've already had a scan, a consultant appointment and a midwife appointment this week which were all running late, I'm absolutely sick of hospitals. 😒
Sorry to say but when I moved house I’d already booked in, bloods, 12 week scan at my old hospital, and literally had to start again. All the questions I’d already answered &
More bloods. I don’t know if different trusts can see each others notes. I got a new booklet and basically started all over (at 15 weeks) 😩 it only took about an hour.

• Sad
Unfortatuley even if you have another pregnancy, it'll all be the same again too! You'd think they'd be able to keep/share information!

I did at 36 weeks and the booking appointment took longer second time round for some reason and even more annoying wearing a mask, at least the first one was done via phone!

Random question for those who already have kids: do you think there’s an ideal time to have another baby? In terms of pregnancy and dealing with the child you already have… relationship between siblings… that kind of thing? I know it’s really just whatever you decide to do but would love to hear people’s thoughts on this. Better to have them close together or do you think a bigger gap of a few years is better?

Reactions: 3
I did at 36 weeks and the booking appointment took longer second time round for some reason and even more annoying wearing a mask, at least the first one was done via phone!
Yes this is it! My first one was over the phone and just popped in for my bloods/bmi.
The thing is I don't want to change my antenatal care, I literally just want to deliver at another trust and keep all my midwife stuff local.
My midwife told me this was totally doable today at my 32 week appointment. It's such a faff. 🙄

Random question for those who already have kids: do you think there’s an ideal time to have another baby? In terms of pregnancy and dealing with the child you already have… relationship between siblings… that kind of thing? I know it’s really just whatever you decide to do but would love to hear people’s thoughts on this. Better to have them close together or do you think a bigger gap of a few years is better?
I do think it's personal preference.
I have 5 years between my first and second. And 3 years between my 2nd and 3rd. And personally I've loved both. It's lovely having a child that can help and loves helping when you have a new baby and then I find the baby then also grows up almost idolising their sibling, in my daughters eyes, my son can do no wrong 😂 where as my best friend has only 10 months between them and it was hard to begin with with 2 small ones but as they've gotten older, 7 and 8, they're more like close friends as they're the same age pretty much

Reactions: 2
There’s 21 months between my first two and it was awful 😂😂 my youngest is 16 months and I truly feel like if I had a newborn now it would be easier than a 21 month age gap, mainly because she still naps in the day and goes to bed without protesting😂 when my youngest was born my eldest was going through the phase of not napping in the day (but being really tired without a nap so being awful🤦‍♀️) and she would piss about at bedtime too so I was constantly knackered. She couldn’t talk either so she was super frustrated. HOWEVER they are literally the bestest of friends they love each other so much and play so nicely. I wish I’d had a 2.5 year gap between them though, I think that would have been just perfect. I’m pregnant with our third now and my eldest will be almost 4 when the baby is born, I think that’ll be a lovely age gap too because she’ll be able to help with the baby and just be more aware of what’s going on.

To conclude I’d say as small as possible or 2.5 onwards - I’d avoid 18 months - 2.5 at all costs 😂

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.