Pregnancy #16 Baby brain galore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a friend who has always hated babies/children. Even since we were teenagers, she just has no interest, doesn’t want them herself, doesn’t want to be around them.

So I’m wondering what she’ll be like when my baby arrives. She hasn’t asked anything about my pregnancy, it’s particularly interested if I speak about it in our group chat and when I announced it made a massive deal of “oh ffs another baby”. She jokingly referred to baby as the devil child which I shut down instantly but my partner has said if she’s going to be rude or weird around the baby then he doesn’t want her around her!

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Has anyone got the app peanut? And had any success? It feels a bit cringe, sort if like tinder for mums and mum's to be! But I'm desperate for some new mummy friends

Reactions: 1
Please can everyone know that I am a nice person, I just don’t deal with bullshit and my sister in laws!
Same but with mother in laws. Especially when they buy things that just are not my taste 😂 it’s hard not to sound ungrateful but at least ask first

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I’m 33 but weirdly none of my close friends have children but they’ve all been really lovely! One had failed attempts at IVF this year so I was scared to tell her but she’s been so lovely, and some aren’t really interested in having children so I just make sure I try and talk about lots of things other than my pregnancy and still make lots of plans with them.

My best friend is single and would love to meet someone and settle down so I didn’t know how she’d be when I told her as we usually drink a lot together lol but she’s been incredible and bought so much stuff for him already, booked the day off to come to one of my scans and she keeps begging him to kick for her! I’m really hoping we still manage to keep our friendship the same once I’m a mum ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m 33 but weirdly none of my close friends have children but they’ve all been really lovely! One had failed attempts at IVF this year so I was scared to tell her but she’s been so lovely, and some aren’t really interested in having children so I just make sure I try and talk about lots of things other than my pregnancy and still make lots of plans with them.

My best friend is single and would love to meet someone and settle down so I didn’t know how she’d be when I told her as we usually drink a lot together lol but she’s been incredible and bought so much stuff for him already, booked the day off to come to one of my scans and she keeps begging him to kick for her! I’m really hoping we still manage to keep our friendship the same once I’m a mum ❤

Your friend sounds like mine! She’s the best auntie to littlepotato, buys him fantastic books and is totally cool auntie.

• Heart
Is anyone else still being 'careful' and limiting social contacts? I really want to take my son to the cinema but there's no SD and it just feels unsafe.

My sis in law posted a story on SM last night and she was out with family, the pub was heaving and looked like a world before covid. Good for many people's MH I guess but it's scared me. Were going on hol together this week and I'm anxious she'll have caught the C.

I'm a worrier anyway and have both jabs (clinically vulnerable regardless of pregnancy). Sorry for the moan.

I have 2 friends my age (30+) with toddlers, a couple who are struggling with fertility issues and a handful from work (all around 26/27) who are nowhere near ready or have decided not to have children. But ALL of them complain about women who have kids and then just want to talk about their kids all the time, who lose their personality etc. and it makes me nervous to say too much.
Until a couple of years ago I wasn’t even sure if I wanted kids, having miscarried 4 years ago and having MH issues etc. and even though I also thought I’d never be ‘baby obsessed’, always determined I’d stay the same person, but honestly maybe it’s being at home all the time where there’s nothing else to think about but I’m finding it hard to find the right balance.

Reactions: 2
^ I’m paranoid about being a baby bore too. I’m the last of my friends and family to have one and I do remember thinking other peoples kids weren’t as attractive or endlessly interesting as they seemed to think, so am trying to bear that in mind 🤣But then I have a friend in the states who never posts about her kids, and my brother in Scotland too, and that makes me sad. So a balance I suppose. Just enough, but not too much.

Is anyone else still being 'careful' and limiting social contacts? I really want to take my son to the cinema but there's no SD and it just feels unsafe.

My sis in law posted a story on SM last night and she was out with family, the pub was heaving and looked like a world before covid. Good for many people's MH I guess but it's scared me. Were going on hol together this week and I'm anxious she'll have caught the C.

I'm a worrier anyway and have both jabs (clinically vulnerable regardless of pregnancy). Sorry for the moan.
I’ve just pulled out of a wedding because the the thought of 150 young people from all over the UK all crammed into a marquee feels like sticking my head in the lions mouth even though I’ve been double jabbed. I see some of the other guests attending posting on FB about going to nightclubs where like you say, no social distancing.

I’m very sad as it’s the first chance to see my family in a long time and the bride is my god daughter 😢 I was worried people would think I’m over reacting but then decided COVID or long COVID really is the last thing I need in my life right now. Im an older mum and approaching the last trimester.

I know life does need to return to normal at some point but with cases so high right now I think a bit of caution isnt a bad idea. You could always ask everyone to do a lateral flow test, I’m sure she wouldn’t mind. Don’t be shy, this is important stuff. We havent endured the last year and a half to throw it all away now.

Reactions: 3
On the cycling shorts tip, boohoo do a fab maternity cycling short. They only go up to a 16, but I’m a 18 in trousers and they fit fab. I bought about 6 pairs when we had the heat wave the other week!

I’m 35, and I’m in that inbetween stage where either my friends have had kids and they are in their teens, or they have decided that they don’t want kids. I’ve comfortably decided who are my “friends for life” and who ill stick be talking to when im old and grey, and the ones who will only be in my life for a fleeting time.

I recently cut out two people who I met in a baby group when I had my son. One was 11 years younger than me and the other was 6, and we couldn’t be more different. We were in a group chat but I knew they spoke about me when I wasn’t there; I was the only one who was married, who worked, and only had one kid. They would take the piss and call me posh, rip apart my accent, and call me a nickname which I hated. One also borrowed about £40 off me as she was skint, and I couldn’t bare to ask for it back. I just cut ties.
Erm no, they sound gross!!!! Good for leaving the chat. They don’t deserve you, they deserve each other.
Yeah I know who really cares, and it’s enough for me. I’m quite private anyway, no big social media and won’t share updates on WhatsApp so they can get pics of my baby’s feet and hands when she arrives which I know will irk them 😂 everyone loves to see the baby, not mine you won’t 💁🏻‍♀️

^ I’m paranoid about being a baby bore too. I’m the last of my friends and family to have one and I do remember thinking other peoples kids weren’t as attractive or endlessly interesting as they seemed to think, so am trying to bear that in mind 🤣But then I have a friend in the states who never posts about her kids, and my brother in Scotland too, and that makes me sad. So a balance I suppose. Just enough, but not too much.

I’ve just pulled out of a wedding because the the thought of 150 young people from all over the UK all crammed into a marquee feels like sticking my head in the lions mouth even though I’ve been double jabbed. I see some of the other guests attending posting on FB about going to nightclubs where like you say, no social distancing.

I’m very sad as it’s the first chance to see my family in a long time and the bride is my god daughter 😢 I was worried people would think I’m over reacting but then decided COVID or long COVID really is the last thing I need in my life right now. Im an older mum and approaching the last trimester.

I know life does need to return to normal at some point but with cases so high right now I think a bit of caution isnt a bad idea. You could always ask everyone to do a lateral flow test, I’m sure she wouldn’t mind. Don’t be shy, this is important stuff. We havent endured the last year and a half to throw it all away now.
I'm not even pregnant anymore and even I'm avoiding places that aren't still limited numbers ect
Not many of them left now so I just avoid places!
Can't imagine how much more paranoid I'd be if I was still pregnant too!

Reactions: 4
Erm no, they sound gross!!!! Good for leaving the chat. They don’t deserve you, they deserve each other.
Yeah I know who really cares, and it’s enough for me. I’m quite private anyway, no big social media and won’t share updates on WhatsApp so they can get pics of my baby’s feet and hands when she arrives which I know will irk them 😂 everyone loves to see the baby, not mine you won’t 💁🏻‍♀️
I don't post mine on social media. I posted a hand photo when they were both born and that's it. Which I know people hate.
I've had so many people message me and ask why I don't post them or that I'm being selfish for not posting them! 😑
And others make comments like "Well nobody would even know you have kids because you don't post about them"

• Wow
I don't post mine on social media. I posted a hand photo when they were both born and that's it. Which I know people hate.
I've had so many people message me and ask why I don't post them or that I'm being selfish for not posting them! 😑
And others make comments like "Well nobody would even know you have kids because you don't post about them"
Ah well, don’t you know children don’t exist if they’re not on Facebook? 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Guys this weird phenomenon is occuring in my house and my husband appears to be... Nesting???
He keeps clearing out drawers and cupboards and tidying stuff. He's packed and repacked the hospital bag. Totally bizarre since this is the man who operates from a floordrobe.
As I type this he's taking apart the hoover to clean it?!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I'm not even pregnant anymore and even I'm avoiding places that aren't still limited numbers ect
Not many of them left now so I just avoid places!
Can't imagine how much more paranoid I'd be if I was still pregnant too!
I’m glad it’s not just me. Although sometimes it feels like it is. Each to their own I guess and good luck to ‘em.

Has anyone got the app peanut? And had any success? It feels a bit cringe, sort if like tinder for mums and mum's to be! But I'm desperate for some new mummy friends
Yes I found the forums a bit hit and miss. Some of the questions people asked were a bit frustrating like can I still eat chips whilst pregnant etc 🙄(not even joining). The local groups for my area didn’t seem very active which is a shame. The twin groups for me were so useful though!

I feel so lucky that in my close group of 5 friends 1 had a baby last year, my best friend is due 3 months after me and the others are excited aunties in waiting. One is going through a heartbreaking IVF journey so I try to keep baby stuff out of the group chat which is fine as tbh it’s all anyone wants to talk to me about these days so it’s quite nice to have a break from really. My other friend is desperate to settle down and have a family and is approaching late 30s and I know she’s found it difficult when others have got engaged announced pregnancy etc so there’s always a balance to be struck. I’ve had a few old work colleagues that unfortunately I don’t see as often now because once they had a baby it was literally all they spoke about - fair enough that’s your world now and I’ll of course show interest but i expect the same back about whatever might be happening in my life and it just hasn’t been there, so it definitely has to work both ways. I only have a small group of close friends so I’m hoping that they remain in tact (probably requiring a bit more effort on everyone’s part) but also open to meeting some new Mum friends. I think friendships changing and losing what were good friendships simply because life takes you in different directions is one of the hardest parts of being an adult!

• Heart
39 weeks tomorrow

I’m 39 weeks and we’re basically now shielding. Husband has stopped playing football with his mates, we’re only having online food deliveries etc. Haven’t been in a restaurant since last year.

Family/friends will be asked to lateral flow before they meet baby.

I don’t care if people think we’re being too extreme!

I went to the cinema last week, and it was quite empty. I didn’t wear a mask sitting down (was too busy scoffing my face with popcorn 😂) but I wore a mask while queueing. I’m also still wearing a mask in shops etc

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.